Come celebrate FREE dining with me!!!

Hi There -

We are going to celebrate our 10th anniversary while we are at WWD during the free DDP days. If you could choose ONE restaurant to spend 2 table credits, which would you choose? :confused3 We want a special dinner to celebrate!

Also, what are your recommendations for children's table service meals? How is Chef Mickey's? Any other fun places for kids?

We already have ADR at Le Celier and Coral Reef.

Thanks so much!

Dizzneed

I so agree, it is a really difficult personal decision...the time goes so fast...every year since the kids were in elementary school I have worried about pulling them out of school for a few days to go on vacation...Here we are with my 2 oldest in HS and I am still pulling them for vacation. We are fortunate that they hold their own in school and don't miss days due to sickness. For us, I wouldn't take them out for more than 2-3 days at the most...It is a lot of stress on the kids to make up the work. Our district is strict, but not like some of the others I have read about...

But, the boys still talk about the vacation memories they have and I think it has made us closer as a family. So now I justify pulling them because the 2 oldest will be in college before you know it...If only the sports would cooperate!

Yeah, minijeanie, I'll miss it too
:grouphug:

Sports never cooperate!!! we just came back and my son was banned from 3 Lacrosse games because he missed a day of practice.
My kids also in high school as well. I secretly hope they still want to go with us during their college breaks!:woohoo: :woohoo:

don't you:goodvibes :goodvibes

Hi There -

We are going to celebrate our 10th anniversary while we are at WWD during the free DDP days. If you could choose ONE restaurant to spend 2 table credits, which would you choose? :confused3 We want a special dinner to celebrate!

Also, what are your recommendations for children's table service meals? How is Chef Mickey's? Any other fun places for kids?

Thanks so much!

Dizzneed

I would do CG hands down. Food great, atmosphere perfect and time it so you get to see wishes. They usually let everyone walk outside and watch it from the 15th floor. DH& I loved it.

For kids, yes chef mickeys is fun. I also like CP in MK and I love WC in WL...also enjoy hoop de doo review in FW. Look into these places.

As far as counter services,my kids always loved cosmic rays in MK.

I called yesterday (late, I know) and was actually able to get POP 9/22-27 free dining..yay! We might book a room only for 9/21 because we want to go to MNSSHP that night and no value had avail with free dining for those dates.
See you all there...

catwub,

Maybe you could switch to the lagoon view to get the free dining. When you get there, ask to be upgraded to MK view...you're likely to get it since its your honeymoon and all. Might not be worth the worry/ risk...but it might be...free dining saves a lot of $$$...and like others have said...you could use the savings for some special stuff...like a fireworks cruise or special romantic dinner at V&As (not on the DP). Just some 2 cents. ;)

Whatever you decide...you will have a magical wedding and honeymoon...after all, its WDW! :cloud9:

Hi There -

Thanks so much!

Dizzneed

I would suggest the Grand Floridian's Narcoossee's Private Dining Room it has a great view of MK and if you time it out right you could be there for fireworks.

I would either pick somewhere special that you have enjoyed before or some place that you have always wanted to try but had not.

I would pick something simple, like picking up stuff for a picnic and going out on the beach at the Poly and watching Wishes and the EWP but then I am that kind of gal.

Do what makes YOU happy!!

SG

I would either pick somewhere special that you have enjoyed before or some place that you have always wanted to try but had not.

I would pick something simple, like picking up stuff for a picnic and going out on the beach at the Poly and watching Wishes and the EWP but then I am that kind of gal.

Do what makes YOU happy!!

SG

That is such a great suggestion. Everyone can give you there ideas but its whatever makes the day romantice for you.

4/14/07

Booked this morning at the All Star Sports for 6 nights/7 days. Also have a ressie on for POFQ...trying to decide if the $400 price difference is worth it? Lot's of other things I could spend $400 on!!

This is the 1st time we have done the free dining and I am THRILLED! How can you beat 6 nights hotel, free food for 6 days and Disney World for 3 people for $800??? YAHOO! :cool1:

Me, my two DS's ages 14 and 11, my friend, her mom and her DD 14. Gonna be a blast! :yay:

Anxiously waiting to hear from my TA for POP Century 9/22-9/30!!!!!!!!!! FREE DINING ROCKS!!!!!!!!:music: :rockband: :jumping1:
We weren't planning on going this year, but we couldn't resist free dining!

I hope your not still waiting as there is no free dining that week?? :upsidedow

Just tell me this, the free thing really works? I mean, you book your package, you pay for it, you show up and they FEED you for free?

My best friend and her teenage daughter did the free dining last year. They were there 6 days and the amount they "spent" on food and didn't have to pay a penny for was HUGE! Just from the receipts they kept it was over $800worth of food (Coral Reef lunch alone was over $90 for the 2 of them!) for FREE!

We are doing it for the 1st time this year...me and my two DS's ages 11 and 14. Gonna pack stretchy waist shorts!

My best friend and her teenage daughter did the free dining last year. They were there 6 days and the amount they "spent" on food and didn't have to pay a penny for was HUGE! Just from the receipts they kept it was over $800worth of food (Coral Reef lunch alone was over $90 for the 2 of them!) for FREE!

We are doing it for the 1st time this year...me and my two DS's ages 11 and 14. Gonna pack stretchy waist shorts!

Yes thats true! Free Dining is worth it. My DB and I had free dining last year in Sept. (we were down there for 10days) and we saved over 800.00 easy. We are going again this Sept. 7th - 17th with Free Dining WHOOOOOOOO:cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

I will try and do a trip report this year with all our receipts and pics that way everyone can see just how much you save with free ddp.

gotta love that DISNEY!

I hope your not still waiting as there is no free dining that week?? :upsidedow

If she books her trip on 9/22, which is the last of the FD, she will get it for the whole week..... Enjoy. she probably won't get Pop as it most likely is all booked up..

If she books her trip on 9/22, which is the last of the FD, she will get it for the whole week..... Enjoy. she probably won't get Pop as it most likely is all booked up..

My TA couldn't get 9/20-9/30 for me at POP unless I wanted to move rooms, maybe twice!! (She was working the ressie on Apr 11th) But I think the 10 consecutive days problem was mostly because of Food & Wine starting last weekend in Sept.

We DO have 9/18 to 9/27 reserved @ POP and TA confirmed free dining will be included for all 10 days stay.:cool1:

So I'm assuming the parks will be pretty busy during the free dining deal -- has that been the case over the last few years that they've done this?

So I'm assuming the parks will be pretty busy during the free dining deal -- has that been the case over the last few years that they've done this?

No, not busy at all. We went last week of Sept/first week of Oct last year during free dining. The first week I think the longest wait we had was about 15 minutes for Test Track and most rides were walk on. The only crowds were at TS restaurants, but even then our only wait was at Boma. The rest of our TS meals we were seated within 10-15 minutes of our ADR.

Don't let free dining keep you away! September last year was great. Parks were noticeably busier first week of Oct leading up to Columbus Day weekend. We are going back this year Sept 22 to Sept 29.:banana:

We are NC also, Roanoke Rapids, we care driving. have you ever done the free dining before..this is our first trip ever, first everything like free dining a little unsure how to go about it..like getting in to the restruant we would like to try. One post someone gave their credit card to hold reservations and they charged her credit card. I can see the potential for a lot of confusion calling an make such far ahead reservations..What are your experiences with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter