• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Come celebrate FREE dining with me!!!

Congratulations to all with free dining, how exciting!!! I sat on hold for slightly over an hour only to be told we were not eligible:sad1: We are staying at the GF for our wedding/honeymoon so we have an MK view, thought with all that money it would REALLY be nice to save some$$$, but I guess not his time. Normally I would have switched hotels but since this is a special trip I did not want to change our view, etc. Any other time I would have said move us wherever!!! Anyway, I am glad for all of you, especially the ones that said this made or broke their trip.....I know there are some very excited children (big and small:) today!! Have a wonderful time. I will be the one with the bride ears on August 29th:banana: :banana:

A great day to all
Catwub

We were originally going on DVC without the free DDP 9/16 - 9/21 at OKW. We have now added on three nights 9/13 - 9/15 with free DDP at AS Sports. WOO HOO!!! This is our first time with free dining. We have dinner ADRs with the DDP for Kona Cafe, Coral Reef, and Spoodles. I am sooo excited because I have never been to any of these restaurants. :banana: :banana: :banana:

I am going to change my ticker right now.

Monami7, does that price include tickets? Its alot less that I am paying at the POR!

It does include 8 day base passes for DH and I, the girls are 1 so Free anyway. And free dining and a standard room. We don't have add ons like hoppers and water parks because in 8 days we can do each park 2 times and we won't use the water park option. Also no ins. We are covered on out AE card we booked with.
Heidi

How many people are going? The pp has a 1 year old, so no charge for them.

I just realized the problem. My step daughter is listed in my sig but will not be traveling with us. Just DH and I and our 1 Year old and HOPEFULLY our little girl waiting for us in China. Also 1 we think.

Sorry for everyones confusion.
Heidi

We are staying 6 nights and 7 days. How many days will we get free dining?
Im guessing 6?[/QUOTE]

I'm staing 5 nights and 6 days...I assumed it was for every night...but wouldn't it be for everyday you have tickets, since you have to have the magic your way base ticket to get the dining?!

Anyone know?!

We are staying 6 nights and 7 days. How many days will we get free dining?
Im guessing 6?

I'm staing 5 nights and 6 days...I assumed it was for every night...but wouldn't it be for everyday you have tickets said:
You get one set of meals for every night of your stay. And Smile4Me, we'll be at the PO resorts at the same time! I think you guys will have a blast!

applehips...don't worry about the one day passes your purchased in order to get the free ddp, they won't go to waste. we are annual passholders as well (and purchased one day/one park base tix to get the free ddp) and you can use your one day passes as upgrades towards annual passes when you are ready to renew. you won't be able to get the renewal discount, because you aren't really renewing your passes, but you will get credit for the amount you paid for your one day pass toward your annual pass, should you choose to do that. otherwise, you can use those tickets (or give them away for others to use) at any time in the future.

catwub, I really think it is unfair that you do not get Free Dining and especially since you will be paying a whole lot more for your room than we will for our Value room.

Maybe someone could give you some advice that might help??

Congratulations and best wishes on a happy future for you both! You are starting out on the right foot at DW!:)

Slightly Goofy

I also think that is unfair for Catwub to not be able to get the ddp for free on her trip, esp since another poster said they already had a vacation booked and then got the money refunded when the free ddp offer came out (I'm not good at doing those "quote" things so I don't know how to show the post here, but it was a few pages back).

Fight, Catwub, fight!!!

Since I am a Value type person I probably should not state this opinion but it does not seem fair that the Values seem to get a better deal with the FD than the Upscale resorts.

I know that there are probably more rooms at the Values and so that makes some sort of difference.

I have been going long enough that I remember when there were only about 3 resorts and was thrilled when they starting building the All Stars.

Is there anyone who knows if Catwub has been told wrong and there is some way she can get FD? If anyone does I know it has to be someone on these Boards.:hug:

Slightly Goofy (who thinks this would be a fantastic wedding present)

We booked August 25th - Sept. 1st w/ free dining starting the 26th at POR. I am so excited. :yay: I've never been to more than one TS restaurant per trip! I can't wait!:banana:

pixiedust: pixie dust for Catwub...keep trying!!!

I don't know the specifics on why she was denied...she didn't elaborate more than to just say she didn't want to switch her room. I believe she liked the view of the room she had, perhaps the only free ddp room available was to switch views. but others have said they were able to get their price adjusted...perhaps the powers that be will read this and grant her one of those "million dreams" they're giving out!

we're on your side, catwub!!

AAAHHHH, you guys are great. I admit I was so tired and surprised that I did not ask why, but she said if I switched to Garden view, or Lagoon etc. I could the FDP but not in Mk view....maybe the allotted amount were given out....not sure why..should I call back, just to double check? Like I said, if this were not such a special trip I would have changed the view in a heartbeat!!! Thanks again!!!!

:grouphug: to you all
Catwub

I cannot believe it!! A totally unexpected trip due to FREE dining.
Just the day before I was asking my DH to just tell me a trip was not
out of the question. The next day I logged in here and saw that FREE dining was being offered. DH was in the hospital having knee surgery. I called him to tell him. He didnt hesitate when he yelled, "Book it!"

I made our ADRs...

1st night and last night 'Ohana
CM
Coral Reef
Restaurantosaurus

Catwub...I understand about this being a special trip, I mean it IS a honeymoon after all!

But I can't help but admit that the amount of savings would certainly tempt me!

Follow your heart...memories are worth more than money! You'll have an unforgettable time either way. chances are that 20 years from now you'll remember the incredible view you had on your honeymoon every time you looked out your window more than the free food!

Enjoy!

Well, my fabulous wife was able to change our rooms from Sports to Pop!

Scopa Towers.. here we come!
Woo Hoo!

thejollyfinn. great news!!! I am glad that you were able to get what you wanted. You married well. :)

NCardella. you are wise although I do remember the food from my honeymoon more than the view. The view was the courthouse and we only had enough money to buy a half dozen White Castles. We spent our money on a house and a car. :thumbsup2

LauraAnn630, the only thing better than a Disney trip is an unplanned and unexpected one. I have had a few of those and they were extra special! See you there!!:wizard:

catwub, people report that they call and call and finally get a CM who can do what they want. It is worth investing a bit of time. Just think of the extras you could add to the trip if you luck out. I see an Illuminations Cruise and all sorts of things in your future. How romantic!!:love: Please report back cause we care, why? Because we like you!!

Slightly Goofy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter