Code watch February 2017

So, are the discounts this year for early 2017 less than in 2016? I was really hoping for a 30% off at AKL, but it didn't happen, so I will keep my Beach Club room. I was very surprised not to see 30% off at SSR and OKW.

Keeping what I have booked with my TA exclusive deal. I saved $800 for Feb 2-7 at BC standard room w/ 5 day park hopper and QSDP. The Visa Winter promo RO would have only saved me around $200. So I got a better deal with my TA.

Last edited:

Me too! I just requested a quote for the end of January. Will be interesting to see how the discounts measure up....
I had already requested a quote from them a few weeks back and figured this would be better. Now I need to do some math on our "actual expected dining cost" because I think that deal may work out $200+ better.

I've spent the last 4 hours crunching numbers on my own situation...I'm so torn right now. I know we could save $274 if we went with the travel agent offer instead of SPD based on the dining we'd actually book if paying out of pocket...

HOWEVER for that $274 we would get to eat at CRT, Tusker House, Garden Grill, BOG Breakfast & Cape May IN ADDITION to the 3 table service we would have eaten if not on the SPD deal AND we'd get 56 snacks instead of the 24 I'd budgeted... The $274 is all in including the additional cost of tips and the savings I'll get by paying the trip with Disney Gift Cards. I gotta say 5 meals and 32 snacks...is WELL worth $274. I'm just not sure how I pass that up even though I am the CHEAPEST MAN ON EARTH...wow, I'm confused right now!

Last edited:
I just called about applying the new discount. We will be staying in Bay Lake with DVC members next door. It's not offered to my selected room but if I changed over to the Contemporary it would only save me $132. I didn't make the change because I didn't see the savings I was hoping for.

I booked mine this morning. Saved $559 for a family of 5 staying at POR in mid February. This is our first trip and I'm very excited. Now to get cheap airfare.....

Last edited:
We booked Riverside Royal Room Pool View for 9 nights (2/5 - 2/14) with PS&D, park hoppers, memory maker and travel insurance. It was just under $4400. For my husband and me. My daughter booked pretty much the same except for the memory maker and there are three of them (all adults) for slightly higher. She had to take Garden View. For us the PS&D was worth it as our daughter is turning 40 and we are going to have lots of fun!
That's awesome! Have a great trip! I am so looking forward to ours. Now that the biggest question mark in my plan is done I I think I am going through planning withdrawal! Our itinerary and ADR's are already set. Now I just need to wait for fast pass.

Well my 11-year-old is really wanting to swap over to the AKL, so I guess I'll look back in that direction. A pool view room will only be about $20 more than my reservation at the Beach Club.

Well my 11-year-old is really wanting to swap over to the AKL, so I guess I'll look back in that direction. A pool view room will only be about $20 more than my reservation at the Beach Club.

Ya, my husband is really getting a good laugh at me and my "resort choice drama":-):-):-):-)

I think this is literally the most important decision you will make this year! I totally get it...also my wife get's tired of the "drama" too...lol.

Ya, my husband is really getting a good laugh at me and my "resort choice drama":-):-):-):-)

I think this is literally the most important decision you will make this year! I totally get it...also my wife get's tired of the "drama" too...lol.
Do you both one better --- this resort switching drama isn't even for OUR trip --- our resort is set in stone, i'm fretting over where our kids will stay :P

Do you both one better --- this resort switching drama isn't even for OUR trip --- our resort is set in stone, i'm fretting over where our kids will stay :P
I'm with you - I'm fretting over the discount (or lack thereof) for my SIL's room! I secured mine ages ago!

Ok I have a bit of an odd question and I'm not sure if anyone here would have the answer but I figure I'll ask in case any of you have experienced this before. I'm going in February with a friend for about 6-7 days and we're planning to book PSD at Pop on Monday when discounts open for the general public. We're both traveling from Australia and it will be the end portion of a longer trip for both of us, however my friend will be leaving immediately at the end of the week (she has work commitments) whereas I am staying on an extra 4-5 days so i can catch up with some old friends from when I used to work at Disney. I'm not sure yet whether I'll change to a different hotel or just crash with friends for those few days, but I'd still like to have access to the parks. My question is this: On Play-Stay-Dine, can my friend and I book park tickets with different amounts of days on them? Like could she book a 6-day Park Hopper and I book an 8-day Park Hopper? Or does every person on the booking have to have the same amount of days on their ticket?

I figure that once we've made our bookings I can always ring up and ask about it but I thought I'd ask here in case anyone else had experienced something similar.

Ok I have a bit of an odd question and I'm not sure if anyone here would have the answer but I figure I'll ask in case any of you have experienced this before. I'm going in February with a friend for about 6-7 days and we're planning to book PSD at Pop on Monday when discounts open for the general public. We're both traveling from Australia and it will be the end portion of a longer trip for both of us, however my friend will be leaving immediately at the end of the week (she has work commitments) whereas I am staying on an extra 4-5 days so i can catch up with some old friends from when I used to work at Disney. I'm not sure yet whether I'll change to a different hotel or just crash with friends for those few days, but I'd still like to have access to the parks. My question is this: On Play-Stay-Dine, can my friend and I book park tickets with different amounts of days on them? Like could she book a 6-day Park Hopper and I book an 8-day Park Hopper? Or does every person on the booking have to have the same amount of days on their ticket?

I figure that once we've made our bookings I can always ring up and ask about it but I thought I'd ask here in case anyone else had experienced something similar.
You cannot book different length tickets. You could both book the shorter length then you could add days on once you get there. The drawback to that plan is you won't be able to book fast passes ahead of time for the extra 2 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter