Code watch February 2017

We booked as soon as discounts dropped for the general public but SPD wasn't available for our hotel. Does that mean they'd only allocated a certain number of rooms to SPD and if someone cancels we then may be able to get that discount? We went for room + tickets but if I can get cheap dining too I'll take it.
I don't understand how Disney actually allocates the rooms. My thought on it though is in past years they've released additional rooms or additional categories later as they see how bookings are going. Good luck - hope what you're looking for comes available!

Oh I know, sorry that was my lame attempt at being funny :D

Got it. lol I am very tired. I do wish runDisney would not schedule races on the busiest weeks of the year. Like we need more people other than the 26000 people and their families.

I don't understand how Disney actually allocates the rooms. My thought on it though is in past years they've released additional rooms or additional categories later as they see how bookings are going. Good luck - hope what you're looking for comes available!

That's what I've heard. I'm checking every day!

Ahhh ok that actually makes a lot of sense. Resort operations are a mystery to me lol. I'll keep an eye out for it but if we don't get dining it's ok, we're still really happy with our room/tickets deal.

Got it. lol I am very tired. I do wish runDisney would not schedule races on the busiest weeks of the year. Like we need more people other than the 26000 people and their families.

I know - you think they would do it at quieter times in order to boost numbers. Oh well, I'm sure they have some strategy behind it lol. I'm very excited though - it's my first RunDisney event. I'm only doing the 5k (all I'm capable of at the moment) but it's still going to be great.

I know - you think they would do it at quieter times in order to boost numbers. Oh well, I'm sure they have some strategy behind it lol. I'm very excited though - it's my first RunDisney event. I'm only doing the 5k (all I'm capable of at the moment) but it's still going to be great.

Awesome! Yes, it is going to be great. I have done all 3 races twice, but this year I did the 5K only. I had a blast! Plus, this year you get a metal medal.

Blah I called yesterday with no luck, good to see some info on here of people calling often. I wasn't sure if that was a thing or to try like once a week or once every two weeks. I will not give up on this though!

Maybe it is because the room rates are "Peak" rates during the Princess Half Marathon/Presidents day. Room rates are almost double than the "Value" season rates. The last couple of years I was scratching my head how Disney would include free dining over the Christmas holiday, then I realized that they are paying "Holiday" rack rates to get the free dining. Well played Disney. Well played. LOL

I keep checking every morning & evening (can you call me a little obsessed??) to see if I can find a different room category. I have a preferred room booked at POR with the SPD for our family of 5. I would like to bump down to either a standard view or garden view to save a couple hundred $$. I figure this would easily pay for meal tips and a portion of our stroller rental. When the deal first came out on Monday, right after I booked the room, there was no availability for POR later that day when I checked. Then next day, preferred rooms popped back up for our dates, then the next day both river view and preferred were available. I see on the Disney Visa site, there are garden, pool, river, and preferred available. I am hopeful that more rooms will be released over the next few weeks. *fingers crossed* for all of us playing the "hit refresh button" game!

I'm posting this information in several places to help my fellow Canucks out! There have been tons of questions floating around about the current room promotion ....
I have cracked the mystery folks!! The last time we were in Disney for an extended period of time my Kindle did a forced update and ever since has been "American" i can't make it a Canadian model anymore (gotta love those forced updates, NOT) ANYWAY, i was double-checking prices on it in bed and it kept reminding me that I would need CDN ID upon check-in and that my credit card needed to be attached to a CDN address. I had an Epiphany and this morning I asked a close DIS-er friend price out the same package and it was $384.36 MORE.
So well it's not saying on-line that it's a CDN price, they clearly have already taken the discount off the ticket price, winner-winner, chicken dinner!

I'm so confused.... I have a current 4 night reservation at standard price at YC. I am able to switch to a room only discount for the last 3 nights at BW and save about 25%. The first night isn't available at BW. So then I tried to book the 1st night at standard price and no availability. But I can book the full 4 nights a standard price at BW. I booked the 4 nights then tried to modify it to 1 night and no luck. So right now I have 2 reservations one at the discount price for 3 nights and one a standard price for all 4. I'm hoping I can call after work today or tomorrow and they can help me adjust the 4 night rese to 1 night and then link the 2 rese. They are both for SV room Anyone ever experience this? The first night is a Thursday so I would be surprised if there is a "minimum stay rule" on a standard rate.

In better news I was able to switch my January marathon weekend reservation to the discount rate at YC with no problem and saved about $300 (20ish%)

Also looks like additional rooms were added to the General Public discount. CSR standard room dropped from $219 to $175 for my February dates.

Question for those who check back for more rooms to open up on discount, which a CM also suggested doing over the phone: do you check back online on your account? Or do you call to see if more rooms opened up? Its definitely quicker to check online, but I know the website can be inconsistent. . . apologies if someone already answered this question earlier in the thread.

Question for those who check back for more rooms to open up on discount, which a CM also suggested doing over the phone: do you check back online on your account? Or do you call to see if more rooms opened up? Its definitely quicker to check online, but I know the website can be inconsistent. . . apologies if someone already answered this question earlier in the thread.
Since i HATE the phone, I check on-line (one might say obsessively even) and i can confirm that more rooms have been released since the first day
the offers were dropped. It never hurts to keep checking!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter