Coca cola blamed in death of 30yr old

Do twinkies need a warning label too?

LOL - Yes, except their "warning" label should read "in case of nuclear attack grab all of the Twinkies you can, because these babies last forever!"

It doesn't say it in the article, but if you watch the video the reporter says that the family wanted "compensation" from Coke because there were no warning labels.

You dont need a warning label...you need common sense!

It doesn't say it in the article, but if you watch the video the reporter says that the family wanted "compensation" from Coke because there were no warning labels.

Thats right, had the Coke bottles come with warnings, that woman would have paid more attention to them, just like she did to the ones on those packs of cigarettes she smoked on a daily basis :scratchin

To be fair, the article title says that her coca-cola "habit" is to blame. Not coke itself.

That's what I was thinking too when I read the article.

It isn't Coke's fault she chose to over-indulge in it. She wasn't forced to do it.

And yes, you can die from drinking too much water. There was a radio contest once, I don't remember what the prize was, but the person who drank the most water would win and one woman died because of drinking too much.

30 cigarettes + 2 gallons of Coke + poor eating habits = very bad health

It isn't Coke's fault she chose to over-indulge in it. She wasn't forced to do it.

And yes, you can die from drinking too much water. There was a radio contest once, I don't remember what the prize was, but the person who drank the most water would win and one woman died because of drinking too much.

I remember that. She was trying to win a Wii for her family and died by drinking too much water at once.

Yeah, the "Hold Your Wee For a Wii" promotion happened here so I remember it pretty well. That was back when the Wii first came out and they were incredibly difficult to get. It was terribly tragic, especially considering how Wiis are a dime a dozen now and are even on their way out to make room for the next best thing. So sad.

This is horrible :( I feel horrible for her children. It sounds like the were there when it happened.

Is anyone else curious how much her habits cost?? My brother lives in Australia and talks (complains) that Coke is more expensive than beer there. I'd imagine it's the same in New Zealand? Plus 30 cigarettes?? She had to have been spending a small fortune.

Perhaps it was the 30 cigarettes she smoked a day that contributed to her death?

They're looking at low potassium as the cause of death, that's not caused by smoking, that's caused by poor nutrition. If the cause was cigarettes that would have been obvious in the autopsy.
I think I will go eat a banana now.

They're looking at low potassium as the cause of death, that's not caused by smoking, that's caused by poor nutrition. If the cause was cigarettes that would have been obvious in the autopsy.
I think I will go eat a banana now.

Sounds to me like one poor lifestyle choice after another led to her death.

Unbelievable! How can a woman have 8 kids before the age of 30, smoke 30 cigs a day, drink 2 1/2 gallons of Coke a day and eat poorly and wonder why she was feeling sluggish and had blood pressure problems???:confused3 If you drank 2 1/2 gallons of ANY liquid, it wouldn't be good for you. Looks like Coke is going to take the rap for this, unfortunately. :rolleyes2

My heart does go out to those 8 kids, though. Hope their diet was better than their mom's was!

Wow, tell us how you really feel:rolleyes1.

I think she was trying to win an xbox for her kids for Christmas.

The difference there is that liquor has warnings about the health effects of over-indulging. Same as cigarettes (which are there because they were forced to add them after losing lawsuits about this).

Soda does not and one could argue the companies promote it as healthful in a general sense, though certainly not like cig companies used to do.

That said, they're not suing anyone, are they?

I have never seen a soda company promote their product as healthful in any sense.

Sounds to me like one poor lifestyle choice after another led to her death.

It sounds like the one that actually led to her death was the poor nutrition habit though. The other bad choices just increased her chances that it could be something else that killed her. Just like if I choose to not wear a seat belt, it will increase the odds that I will die in a car accident, but if I end up dying of a heart attack, the wearing/not wearing a seat belt has no bearing on my death by heart attack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter