Coca cola blamed in death of 30yr old

I sure hope she wasn't ordering them at the McD's drive-thru

I bet her sleaze ball lawyers and her "family" wish she did, that would be another deep pocket to name in the law suit.

Disgusting! and the lawyers taking the case should be ashamed of them selves. Pure sleaze.

I bet her sleaze ball lawyers and her "family" wish she did, that would be another deep pocket to name in the law suit.

Disgusting! and the lawyers taking the case should be ashamed of them selves. Pure sleaze.

I didn't see where the family was suing anyone. There was an investigation to her death because it's unusual for some of her age to have a heart attack.

from the article.

Inquests such as this are sometimes held for unusual or unexplained deaths in New Zealand, and can help shape future health policies.

I didn't see where the family was suing anyone. There was an investigation to her death because it's unusual for some of her age to have a heart attack.

from the article.

You are right, I thought I saw in another post they were suing.

I hope they don't but we will see.

Oh wow! I have trouble drinking 64 ounces (8 glasses at 8 ounces each) of water a day. I try but that's a lot of liquid. 2.5 gallons a day? :crazy2:

30 gallons of water a day would probably kill you too! Who can drink that much daily, of ANY liquid?

Not 30 gallons. :crazy2:

She was 30 years old. She drank 2 gallons a day.

Still a lot, but not quite as bad.

And yes, she ate little else, and smoked. I think they are looking at hypokalemia (low potassium), which can cause cardiac arrest.

Good heavens..2 gallons a day? The fault is her own..even water can be consumed in excess. The fault lies on her shoulders as she made the choice..Coca Cola wasn't forcing this down her throat in that quantity. Also..the coke clearly was in excess but 30 cigarettes a day and they think coke is the main issue?

Hmmm....Maybe I'll do nothing but drink rum from here on out, and then my family can sue Captain Morgain's for my death. :confused3 What ever happend to personal responsibility and accountability???

The difference there is that liquor has warnings about the health effects of over-indulging. Same as cigarettes (which are there because they were forced to add them after losing lawsuits about this).

Soda does not and one could argue the companies promote it as healthful in a general sense, though certainly not like cig companies used to do.

That said, they're not suing anyone, are they?

It's a shame she had 8 kids. It makes her ineligible for the Darwin Award.

Good heavens..2 gallons a day? The fault is her own..even water can be consumed in excess.

Yes, I did that once! Luckily, I didn't have a heart attack. My body decided to take matters into its own hands and made me throw up. Now to be fair, I had a bladder infection (or maybe UTI but whatever -- I only had it twice in my life and prefer to never have it again) & if you have ever had one...you get pretty desperate to get rid of it. I was on meds that said to take with "lots of water"....so I was practically guzzling water hoping it would go away faster. Not a good idea. I know it wasn't quite a gallon (but I think close to it) I drank and if I remotely attempted to drink 2 gallons....I don't think it physically could have happened.

I learned not to do that again.

2 gallons a day? I can't even imagine!

But could someone just point out where in the article it mentions a lawsuit? Nobody is suing anyone. I mean I know this is the DIS so jumping to conclusions is to be expected, but why not read the article?

Two gallons a day is just excessive and awful, however, those of you who cop to drinking 2 to 3 cans a day aren't doing yourselves any good either. Too much sugar and calories...you should try not to drink the majority of your required daily calorie intake.

2 gallons a day? I can't even imagine!

But could someone just point out where in the article it mentions a lawsuit? Nobody is suing anyone. I mean I know this is the DIS so jumping to conclusions is to be expected, but why not read the article?

It doesn't say it in the article, but if you watch the video the reporter says that the family wanted "compensation" from Coke because there were no warning labels.

Two gallons a day is just excessive and awful, however, those of you who cop to drinking 2 to 3 cans a day aren't doing yourselves any good either. Too much sugar and calories...you should try not to drink the majority of your required daily calorie intake.

I used to drink 6 cans of Sundrop in an 8-hour shift - 200 calories a can :rotfl:

I now spead a 2-litre bottle over a week. And I only WISH I was as skinny as I was when I was downing 6 cans a night :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter