(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
One stay we were in the last room at BWV, and the walk took forever. Or so we thought... Until we stayed at Kidani and we were in that last section as well. It made BWV feel like a quick stroll. I think the Kidani hallway was literally twice as long. Will never stay there again, either, unless we rent a car and park underneath. Though the view at Kidani was incredible, I have to say. I would still request close to elevators at BWV, and maybe even ask them to note mobility issues or something like that. :thumbsup2

This. We just got back from a stay at BWV on Monday. I was super excited to stay there. We ended up in a one br all the way at the end of the 3rd floor. And I mean literally the last room, 3002, right next to The Attic. The walk from the lobby was long, but nowhere near as long as the walk to the end of the hall at Kidani (which coincidentally we were about 1 villa from the very end of that hallway too, perhaps I should start getting a complex!)

That being said - we always rent a car and drive. Just personal preference with our stroller/toddler, it works for us. As a result, the layout of BWV left us vowing not to return (except maybe when our daughter is much older). There are multiple staircases you can use at BW instead of the elevators, one right next to our door dropped you right next to jelly rolls. That said, it's still a long trek to the parking lot (or bakery or Epcot) depending where you end up. Also, the stairs weren't a viable option for us with our loaded up stroller. And may not be for you with your condition.

Ironically because we drive and were always able to get a spot close to "our elevator" at Kidani - after our last several trips (BWV, BCV and BLT) while at boardwalk this week my husband and I both agreed we'd prefer Kidani next trip.

I would just submit the request to be near elevator - it's a lovely resort and I'm sure you will have a great time.

I'm at the boardwalk right now! There is a lot to love about this resort, but the beds are a pain. .. literally. The mattress is so hard that I'm more sore from sleeping than all the walking that I'm doing in the parks. anyone know if all the rooms have the same hard mattresses?

I'm at the boardwalk right now! There is a lot to love about this resort, but the beds are a pain. .. literally. The mattress is so hard that I'm more sore from sleeping than all the walking that I'm doing in the parks. anyone know if all the rooms have the same hard mattresses?

When I stayed at BWI the beds weren't the best...I think It's that wooden frame actually. The BC has the most luscious beds.

Sorry to hear! Are you on the Inn side? Refurb room or not? Though maybe hey didn't refurbish the mattresses this time. It sounds like they should have. On the Villas side we didn't think the mattress was too bad. Hope you can sleep through it okay.

Arrived at boardwalk inn on Thursday after a redeye from Vancouver BC. Took a while to get the room sorted. We had booked water view, the room was ready when we arrived(noonish), but it was one on the 4th floor near the elevators with a window only view of the walkway from the boardwalk to the lobby. No balcony and a musty smell. I'm not one to make a fuss, I usually just go with it, but it was so disappointing I made the call to see if another room was possible. They had no problem with the request just that the alt room wasn't ready yet. So we left our bags with bell services and went to play in the parks. Came back around 9 got the new room number, go up and there's just one bed. We are a group of three adults... At that point all water view rooms were filled. Not a great start, there was no choice but to take a standard for 2 nts because ours plans just wouldn't allow time for a room change on Friday. The front desk staff were very apologetic and tried their very best to rectify the situation. We were credited back the difference in room category rate for the 2 nights and given an additional credit back for all the inconvenience. I'm now finally sitting on the balcony of a fabulous BW view room 3223! 2 days and. 4 rooms later, worth it for this view!

thanks for the info on Standard locations! Looking forward to staying there again. Are there laundry facilities in the community center near the villa pool?

No, they are on the first floor corridor.

BWV LAUNDRY:

We just got back Sunday from a terrific 7 night stay at BWI, CL, deluxe. The resort is fantastic. All the cms were wonderful as well. We only ate room service once, it was good. It did rain while we were there but not bad. We also went to MNSSHP & the villian's soiree. We were so sad to leave, especially because a section of our house flooded due to a plugged tub in the a/c, really didn't want to deal with that on our return. Now that we're home, all we can think about is BWI. So we're going for a shorter trip in December. We plan on seeing all the decorations & hopefully will get to hear all the Christmas stories around the world.:banana:

Yay for December and I hope your flood damage is all better by now.

We will be staying October 18-24 in a 1 br villa. I was wondering if there is a particular unit that is better than another. We are traveling with two children ages 5 and almost 2. We a traveling in a group. There will be two other families staying there in 2 br units. Is it hard to get them close together? I currently asked for a room on an upper floor near an elevator.
I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin:)

It's been almost 15 years since I've been to Disney and we stayed off-site then. Excited to have a standard view BWV studio for our stay the week of Memorial Day 2015!
Congratulations on booking and happy planning!

That sounds awful. I wonder if those are new mattresses from the recent rehab?

Arrived at boardwalk inn on Thursday after a redeye from Vancouver BC. Took a while to get the room sorted. We had booked water view, the room was ready when we arrived(noonish), but it was one on the 4th floor near the elevators with a window only view of the walkway from the boardwalk to the lobby. No balcony and a musty smell. I'm not one to make a fuss, I usually just go with it, but it was so disappointing I made the call to see if another room was possible. They had no problem with the request just that the alt room wasn't ready yet. So we left our bags with bell services and went to play in the parks. Came back around 9 got the new room number, go up and there's just one bed. We are a group of three adults... At that point all water view rooms were filled. Not a great start, there was no choice but to take a standard for 2 nts because ours plans just wouldn't allow time for a room change on Friday. The front desk staff were very apologetic and tried their very best to rectify the situation. We were credited back the difference in room category rate for the 2 nights and given an additional credit back for all the inconvenience. I'm now finally sitting on the balcony of a fabulous BW view room 3223! 2 days and. 4 rooms later, worth it for this view!
What an ordeal, but you did the right thing by complaining. You need to add two extra days onto your trip;)

Has anyone had to add someone to their ressie after everything has been planned? My DS is in college. He doesn't know if he will be able to come with us yet. He's been trying to get a job & hasn't heard back yet. So that's one of the reasons he's hesitating. We have already booked our room at BWI & lunch/dinner reservations for me, DH, & DD. If he decides to go, will it be an issue to add him to lunch/dinner reservations & room? By biggest issue I'm thinking will be will FP+. We haven't purchased out park tickets yet, but plan on doing so before the 60 day mark. If we have to wait until later to purchase his, what do you think would be the chance of getting him the same FP+ times, etc? It's stressing me out thinking of everything. I really want him to come with us, especially since he hasn't gone with us in yrs. I want it all to be as close to perfect as we can get. But I'm afraid if we have to wait until the last min. to get his tickets, he will be screwed. Thoughts? Advice? Are the park tickets & special party tickets refundable?

Sorry to hear! Are you on the Inn side? Refurb room or not? Though maybe hey didn't refurbish the mattresses this time. It sounds like they should have. On the Villas side we didn't think the mattress was too bad. Hope you can sleep through it okay.

Yeah I'm on the Inn side in a refurbished room. I ended up making my own pillow top by using the 4 pillows from the other bed! Good thing I'm a solo traveler & don't have to share! Couldn't move around much, but I slept much better during my afternoon nap! :)

thanks for the picture posted of the washer/dryers, Yes those were the ones on the 1st floor we used last April :thumbsup2 I was just wondering if there were any located near the Villa Pool so I could throw some in while by the pool. Sounds like there are not, thanks for the info though.

Are the mattresses in the CL rooms different from the mattresses in the regular resort rooms? Just wondering....

thanks for the picture posted of the washer/dryers, Yes those were the ones on the 1st floor we used last April :thumbsup2 I was just wondering if there were any located near the Villa Pool so I could throw some in while by the pool. Sounds like there are not, thanks for the info though.

Nope, only the one laundry room at BWV.

I'm planning my wedding at SBP for next August 13th and my fiancé and I are currently booked into the Boardwalk Inn for August 7th-16th. Suddenly last night I had a thought... The night before the wedding I was going to make my fiancé stay with his parents and three brothers in the two bedroom VWL unit we reserved for them with our brand new never been used DVC... But I have enough 2016 points that I could borrow and book either a studio or a one bedroom at BWV for me the night before and the night of the wedding. I could just move my dress, accessories and other necessities to the Villas side for those nights and I might actually be able to get "getting ready" pictures of both of us instead of just me - and there'd be more room for my sister and I to get ready with my mom plus hair makeup people, etc. I'd keep our standard room for him. The biggest issue is that I'd need to get the room for two nights because we're hoping for a 5pm ceremony and with check in not until 4pm that wouldn't be enough time and with check out at 11am that's too early... Thoughts anyone?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

If you stay in a first floor room can you go in and out the outside door using your magic band to unlock it?

Does house keeping have the egg crate foam pads to put on the beds if the beds are to hard?

Are there Keurig coffee makers in either the villas or the Deluxe CL rooms?

My DH is a Starbucks person, so I would bring some of our pods from home to keep him happy!

I'm planning my wedding at SBP for next August 13th and my fiancé and I are currently booked into the Boardwalk Inn for August 7th-16th. Suddenly last night I had a thought... The night before the wedding I was going to make my fiancé stay with his parents and three brothers in the two bedroom VWL unit we reserved for them with our brand new never been used DVC... But I have enough 2016 points that I could borrow and book either a studio or a one bedroom at BWV for me the night before and the night of the wedding. I could just move my dress, accessories and other necessities to the Villas side for those nights and I might actually be able to get "getting ready" pictures of both of us instead of just me - and there'd be more room for my sister and I to get ready with my mom plus hair makeup people, etc. I'd keep our standard room for him. The biggest issue is that I'd need to get the room for two nights because we're hoping for a 5pm ceremony and with check in not until 4pm that wouldn't be enough time and with check out at 11am that's too early... Thoughts anyone?

I think check in and checkout times will be your undoing and cause you grief. I wouldn't waste the points.

If you stay in a first floor room can you go in and out the outside door using your magic band to unlock it?

Does house keeping have the egg crate foam pads to put on the beds if the beds are to hard?

No, you can't lock the patio door from the outside. Only from the inside. If you are in the villas (not sure about the Inn side), your patio area will be surrounded by shrubbery, so you won't be able to walk through the bushes anyway.

I've heard that DVC doesn't offer egg crate pads anymore if that is where you are concerned about. Again, not sure about the Inn side.

Are there Keurig coffee makers in either the villas or the Deluxe CL rooms?

My DH is a Starbucks person, so I would bring some of our pods from home to keep him happy!

The villas don't have pod coffee makers. Only Mr Coffee style basket filter 10-12 cup coffee makers. You can bring Starbucks in a bag and your own filters if you are staying in the villas. The Inn side has the Cuisinart brand coffee maker that uses pod type coffee, not Kcups. More like flat round tea bags.

We are looking to have a few groceries delivered to the resort for breakfast and snacks. I know that BWI a is considered a convention resort and there is a charge for packages delivered to the resort. Does this include an order from garden grocer or just packages that are mailed or UPS to the resort?

I agree with Deb and Bill, it's probably not worth it. What does your fiancé want to do? He might like the idea of staying with his family the night before starting his new family. :goodvibes.

On the other hand, the thought of staying with his parents and brothers might drive him crazy and it'd be worth the points! :rotfl2:

Congrats!!

We are looking to have a few groceries delivered to the resort for breakfast and snacks. I know that BWI a is considered a convention resort and there is a charge for packages delivered to the resort. Does this include an order from garden grocer or just packages that are mailed or UPS to the resort?

We haven't don't it, but everyone says they'll leave garden grocer orders with the bell staff. You just need to tip for that when they bring it to the room. :)

We were just there last week and had an order delivered from WeGoshop. Bell services brought it up. No charge. Outside of this tip we gave him of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter