(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP! We are about to begin the early checkin for our trip Oct. 24-Nov. 1. We are staying on Club Level. When I made our reservations, I requested King Bed with BoardWalk water view.

As I look on the options in early check in, I'm really not sure which floor to request, or if it matters. This is our first time staying at BWI.

Any help on what to request to increase our chances of getting what we want? The main thing is King Bed, with the Boardwalk view/Water view being next.

Thanks in advance!

Since you've already stated your requests that are most important to you, I would not select anything during online check in.

I guess the whole nostalgia thing doesn't ring all that true for me. I remember when the dining plans included gratuity, and I wasn't happy about that change. :lmao:

I think it is absolutely awesome that WDW does the exchange program with the countries of origin, and I have enjoyed numerous conversations with the CMs about it - great stories. But, as for authentic, Mexico includes Donald Duck in the three caballeros boat ride. Most of the food has bland flavors to accommodate the majority of taste buds. There are the Duffy the bear coloring stations and Spy game searches. So, while I am sad to see it go, I'll enjoy the refurb ride as well.

LOL! Me too! Gratuity and appetizer. Folks were all in a tizzy because they could not "control" the tip, and that there was too much food. I guess the idea of not ordering what you wold not eat did nto occur. Anyway, Disney "listened" to all the whining and Poof! No mire appetizer, no more gratuity. Price point reduced $1. problem solved. LOL!

WDW has always been evolving to accommodate the folks who visit, and some of the changes are welcomed by the majority of folks who are repeat visitors, and others not so much. But the bottom line is that WDW is not a nostalgic fantasyland we all can call our own. It is a multi million dollar industry, with commitments to a whole lot of people. If Disney does nto change as people are calling for change, they go elsewhere. I think we all need to "let it go" and see how Disney handles the change. I hope that while Arrendale is a fairy tale land, Disney uses it to showcase Norway and it's infinite beauty, with Elsa and Anna as guides.

One other thing, I remember when Maelstrom had no lines. This attraction was not really a showstopper until Frozen.

WDWKOOK said:
Maelstrom Update: Maelstrom to be replaced by FROZEN attraction. The last day for Maelstrom will be October 5 and the new attraction will open in early 2016.
:sad1:

We miss it by two days :sad1:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

I'm worried about the change, because wait times will go up. I enjoy the boat rides, and I liked the video story of Norway at the end. It won't be as easy to find a seat to rest there anymore.

I am also sorry to see it go, for nostalgic reasons, but I can also let you know that to us Norwegians the film at the end was kind of an embarrassment.
It was made in the 80's and did not exactly represent today's modern Norway.
But it has been many years since Norway stopped paying Disney for the upkeep of the pavilion so I guess Disney do what they want with it.
A shame really that the powers that be in my country, stopped supporting the pavilion. It's not like we couldn't afford it.
EPCOT is such a great way of selling Norway as a destination, I guess Frozen seems the smart move now, but in a few years...

PS: I totally agree that someone must have been thoughtless moving a Disney Frozen display into a church!
Our Stavchurches are just that, churches, and still used as, churches here.
(Well, EPCOT's is a copy but still..)

I'm so bummed. We planned a last minute weekend trip, second weekend in December, when we found out our daughter is in the choir for the Candlelight Processional. Who said The beginning of December was a slow time lied. Not a DVC room to be had anywhere. Them goodness for AP specials as we were able to book a room at All Star Sports. Buy it won't be the Boardwalk :sad:

I'm so bummed. We planned a last minute weekend trip, second weekend in December, when we found out our daughter is in the choir for the Candlelight Processional. Who said The beginning of December was a slow time lied. Not a DVC room to be had anywhere. Them goodness for AP specials as we were able to book a room at All Star Sports. Buy it won't be the Boardwalk :sad: Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

I have noticed that slow times at disney don't translate to dvc availability. We will be there in December too and booked at 11 months out. In fact since we wanted akv cl I walked the reservation for at least a month! I think these times of year are even more attractive to dvc owners :) glad you got at ap rate!

I'll be checking into the BWV's in about 2 weeks and have a question. I've stayed there many, many times being DVC Members. But...I personally haven't slept on the sleeper sofa.

Can anyone tell me how they've held up since being replaced? I'm bringing a guest and she'll be on the sofa. I'm hoping it's not too uncomfortable.

Thanks!

I am also sorry to see it go, for nostalgic reasons, but I can also let you know that to us Norwegians the film at the end was kind of an embarrassment.
It was made in the 80's and did not exactly represent today's modern Norway.
But it has been many years since Norway stopped paying Disney for the upkeep of the pavilion so I guess Disney do what they want with it.
A shame really that the powers that be in my country, stopped supporting the pavilion. It's not like we couldn't afford it.
EPCOT is such a great way of selling Norway as a destination, I guess Frozen seems the smart move now, but in a few years...
..)

Thanks for the insight. I enjoyed the movie, especially the scenery. I've posted this before, but once when we were watching the video, a child came and sat near us. He asked his dad if they could stay and watch the movie, and the dad said no because it was "propaganda". DW and I will miss saying propaganda to each other and snickering.

YAY!!! I just got our airline tickets for Star Wars weekend for 2015! DS will turn 6 on Memorial Day weekend and he is the biggest SW fan EVER, so this is really exciting! I got a great price on tickets(222/pp) but we have to arrive late Wednesday night instead of Thursday afternoon...Fine with me!! :) But now we are going to do a studio instead of a 1 bedroom to add the extra day. I love DVC and the flexibility!! One more month until I can book the room :) This will be our first stay at BWV and I am really excited! I love looking at the pictures on this board - thank you!!

Got home on Saturday from our trip from Sept 6-13. First time back on the boards, I got a cold on Thursday...YUCK! Airline travel!!

We stayed in room 1100 in the Villas, ground floor. I also asked to be close to the elevator due to mobility issues, which we were not. The room was next to a service entrance, 5am comes early!

Had to call maintenance on arrival. The door to the washer/dryer was just hanging there, it was off the track. The room was good, but you can tell the wear and tear is starting to show. Loved having the kitchen as we are watching our spending to due our daughter's wedding in March.

It was hot, humid and rainy most of the week, but glad to be in Disney and on vacation!

Does anyone know...
How deep is the deep end of clown pool?
How deep is the shallow end of clown pool?
Trying to figure out if some preschoolers will be able to enjoy it

Does anyone know...
How deep is the deep end of clown pool?
How deep is the shallow end of clown pool?
Trying to figure out if some preschoolers will be able to enjoy it
The deepest part is 4 feet 9 inches, the shallowest end is 3 feet. FYI they have available at the pool (no charge) kiddie life vests which you might want to take advantage of.

staying at BWV again for April 2015! Last year we stayed in a BW view studio... was a great view. Saved some money and booked a Standard view for next trip. My 2 runners in the family are happy to be able to have a nice place to run on non-park days. How far are the standard view rooms from the Quiet Villa pool?

HELP! We are about to begin the early checkin for our trip Oct. 24-Nov. 1. We are staying on Club Level. When I made our reservations, I requested King Bed with BoardWalk water view.

As I look on the options in early check in, I'm really not sure which floor to request, or if it matters. This is our first time staying at BWI.

Any help on what to request to increase our chances of getting what we want? The main thing is King Bed, with the Boardwalk view/Water view being next.

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately, OCI room requests are generic and applied to both CL and non-CL rooms. If you have booked a STD CL room and not a Deluxe room, then your room will be on the 4th floor so no alternate request is possible.

Did you book a BWV? If not, then unless you're upgraded, you will have the view you booked - SV. The SV for CL will be of the gardens/quiet pool and Epcot off in the background.

OCI "requests" can be very confusing, but you can still do OCI and just skip the room location request section. This way your credit card will be inputed and you won't have to do it at check-in. If you want to request a King, keep in mind that there are very few CL kings. You can just email the IPO to add that request and if it's an OCI choice, you can check that box as well, but it's always best to email/call the IPO with all requests first when staying CL.

I'll be checking into the BWV's in about 2 weeks and have a question. I've stayed there many, many times being DVC Members. But...I personally haven't slept on the sleeper sofa.

Can anyone tell me how they've held up since being replaced? I'm bringing a guest and she'll be on the sofa. I'm hoping it's not too uncomfortable.

Thanks!
I can't answer your sofa question, but welcome to the thread!

YAY!!! I just got our airline tickets for Star Wars weekend for 2015! DS will turn 6 on Memorial Day weekend and he is the biggest SW fan EVER, so this is really exciting! I got a great price on tickets(222/pp) but we have to arrive late Wednesday night instead of Thursday afternoon...Fine with me!! :) But now we are going to do a studio instead of a 1 bedroom to add the extra day. I love DVC and the flexibility!! One more month until I can book the room :) This will be our first stay at BWV and I am really excited! I love looking at the pictures on this board - thank you!!
I hope you have a great first stay and welcome to the thread, Jill.

Got home on Saturday from our trip from Sept 6-13. First time back on the boards, I got a cold on Thursday...YUCK! Airline travel!!

We stayed in room 1100 in the Villas, ground floor. I also asked to be close to the elevator due to mobility issues, which we were not. The room was next to a service entrance, 5am comes early!

Had to call maintenance on arrival. The door to the washer/dryer was just hanging there, it was off the track. The room was good, but you can tell the wear and tear is starting to show. Loved having the kitchen as we are watching our spending to due our daughter's wedding in March.

It was hot, humid and rainy most of the week, but glad to be in Disney and on vacation!
Thank you for posting a little TR, Donna. Someone asked recently about the villa condition so your information is timely.

staying at BWV again for April 2015! Last year we stayed in a BW view studio... was a great view. Saved some money and booked a Standard view for next trip. My 2 runners in the family are happy to be able to have a nice place to run on non-park days. How far are the standard view rooms from the Quiet Villa pool?
Welcome back in April! I believe that BLDG TWO is closest to the BWV pool and nearly all of the SV Studios are in this building so your walk would be minimal. Your furthest walk would be if you were close to the lobby/check-in. Hopefully, someone will correct me if I have this wrong.

Standard view villas are along the main drive and the front parking lot. So you might be just across the hall from a stairwell that goes down to the leisure pool area. Unless you are on the first floor and then you might just be across the hall.

I'm so bummed. We planned a last minute weekend trip, second weekend in December, when we found out our daughter is in the choir for the Candlelight Processional. Who said The beginning of December was a slow time lied. Not a DVC room to be had anywhere. Them goodness for AP specials as we were able to book a room at All Star Sports. Buy it won't be the Boardwalk :sad:

First two weeks of December can be the hardest time of the year to book less than 11 months out for DVC. And it is getting worse

Thanks!

I slept on one last October. The sleeper sofas at BWV are not like the ones at most of the other resorts. It is more like a real mattress on springs versus a foam pad on a platform. It wasn't too bad, but I only had to sleep on it one night. To open it you grab the strap at the middle of the back and flip it forward. The cushions don't come off the bed and just flip under the frame as you open it up.

thanks for the info on Standard locations! Looking forward to staying there again. Are there laundry facilities in the community center near the villa pool?

ok thanks so same location on 1st floor as I remember from last year. Hoping the hike wont be as far this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter