• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chickens' Jackin' My Style...7/9 Generic Cereal

Came home tonight after a 12 hour day at work and clicked on this thread, fully expecting to see another "Where are youuuu?????????" post, only to find the story continuing.

YAYHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, welcome back, you have been missed :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

*peeks out shyly from behind a corner*

Hi y'all:) I don't typically read trip reports, but I was jonesing for a Disney fix, clicked the trip report forum, and there it was...The Black Eyed Peas, staring me in the face. I'm a sucker for music references, and I'm so glad I am, because so far, I think this is one of the funniest things I've read yet on DISboards!!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip, Mrs. The King!:hyper:

How did I not know this TR was going on? I am so happy I found it!! No matter what your name is I am so glad I found your TR :yay:. I can't wait to read more.

I am so overcome with joy all I can do is :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:! Much thanks for the wine recommendation! :thumbsup2

Still here and ready to roll!!! Had wondered where you were off to, but now we all know. Getting cheap, albeit tasty wine at WalMart.

No drinks at all! :lmao:

Ha haa! That is soooo true! I spent last night reading MTK's last TR while DH is watching some movie that I wasn't much interested in. I shot a squirt of chocolate milk right dead centre of my laptop keyboard :lmao:....I am no longer permitted to have food, or liquid near me if reading an MTK TR:confused3. DH was soooo mad:mad: (he's the techy in this fam. I just break them:sad2:) He's got my laptop apart now cleaning it....that's why I'm on his computer with my coffee:thumbsup2

Great update MTK aka cinderella's twin (I always wanted an aka):worship:

So happy to see this TR up and running again ... I was checking back here daily for an update!! Woohoo ... back on :cloud9: since the updates are flowing again. We dont care what name you post under ... just so you post. (And I am sure it has something to do with some witness protection program or something top secret like that)

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:: Cant wait for the next chapter

Ha haa! That is soooo true! I spent last night reading MTK's last TR while DH is watching some movie that I wasn't much interested in. I shot a squirt of chocolate milk right dead centre of my laptop keyboard :lmao:....I am no longer permitted to have food, or liquid near me if reading an MTK TR:confused3. DH was soooo mad:mad: (he's the techy in this fam. I just break them:sad2:) He's got my laptop apart now cleaning it....that's why I'm on his computer with my coffee:thumbsup2

Luckily, I had no laptop casualties. But I did have to stop reading when I realized I was trying to finish off my glass of milk.

DH got a little worried about me when I was reading the last TR. I guess I've developed a MTK TR laugh. It starts out slowly and quietly, like a giggle. And then, all of a sudden, I realize it's really REALLY funny. So it's the same laugh over and over again, getting progressively louder in slow motion as I think about it.

Like this:

Hahaha...

HAHAHA...

HAHAHA...

HAHAHA...

HAHAHA...

HAHAHA...

HAHAHA...

"...Honey?"

We have three rooms, so we know some lucky sucker will be the odd people out. Or the lucky ones, depending on how you see it.

A little OT story, if you'll indulge me:

My MIL decided to take me and my girls (DD13, DD8, and DD3) to Chicago to the American Girl Doll Store. My SIL decided to come along with her girls (DN15, DN12, DN9 and DN7). We were staying in a very nice downtown hotel, the likes of which most of us had never seen before (SIL rarely leaves the small town she grew up in, population 378).

Picture the Clampetts rolling into town.

MIL was staying in a room by herself (with the snoring and other "issues" we all agreed that was for the best), SIL was staying in a room with all her girls:crowded:, and I had my girls with me in the third room. I was happy with the arrangements -- I liked having some private time with my girls, and my nieces can be a handful, so a little seperation at the end of the day would be a good thing.

MIL got us checked in, and handed me the room keys.

Now, I love my in-laws, I really do. But I am not stupid. I had .37 seconds to pull this off. I looked at the room numbers, did lightning-fast math in my head, and managed to hand out the keys to the two adjoining room to MIL and SIL. Score! Private room all to ourselves!

Of course, MIL and SIL may have been just as happy to get a little time away from me, too! :dance3:

So, adjoining rooms -- good or bad? You be the judge.

Thanks for coming back, MTK.

:flower3:

I'm so glad you're back and posting again!!! I hope your name change wasn't due to anything bad.

Denise

Mrs the King! This is awesome. I just revived my computer today, it met it's maker last June, but thanks to my sons computer savy friend, he gave it some modem CPR and here I am and there you are! and this is perfect. I have read all your past adventures, I am a big fart fan, I used to never admit to such things but hey farts are funny, it's a fact. Have you given names to the farts yet? You said you were gonna give it try.

Anywho, I was saying to myself, "Self", that's what I call myself, that and Bambi, but anywhooooooo, I was saying, "self, you poor pathetic little soul, now that you have so clumsily fallen off a ladder and broke your tib and fib, what are you gonna do?" And I answered back, it would be rude not to. "Bambi, I am going to get on the boards and look for a meaningful TR." and then who do I see? MRS THE KING, life is good again. And since I fell off the ladder at work (best place to do such a dumb thing) I am getting paid to stay home and read your TR. Does that make me a professional?

In the famous words of Oliver Twist, "Please, May ah ave some mo?"

:banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana:
(Sorry Mel, whereever you are.....)

Woo Hoo! She's back!!!

I have been keeping an eye out for Cindy's twin.....didn't know she'd show up right here on the "old" Mrs. TK report. I'm thrilled, and looking forward to more fun and excitements with the whole TK crew!

Every house should have a plunger. This is not a suggestion. If you have a toilet, have plunger. Because when I visit your home, I'm gonna clog your toilet. The last thing I want is too ask for your help in this simple matter. And as you can imagine, People that have a tendency to clog also have a black belt in Plungeology. I could get an elephant through a straw with a plunger.

Just get one. Get a plunger. Put it next to each toilet in the house. Especially, the one guests use most. Don’t hoard it up in your private bathroom off the master bedroom. Because I will try and find it to save myself the shame of having to ask you for one. And then I will have to explain why I am knee deep in your upstairs bathroom cabinets.

But people not having a plunger is a mystery to me. What’s going on here? Are you subsisting on baby food instead of regular adult food? Do your have poop that shares the same consistency as a bird turds?

I do not understand. :confused3

Well, on that note, I have a horrifying story. Mr. TK wound up getting a new promotion. We were very happy; this is a job he wanted for a while. We were invited to a party at his brand new boss’ house with his other co-workers.

“Bring the kids” we are told. So we love that. Really. If my kids aren’t invited, chances are, I’m not going. Like weddings without kids? To me that is a sad state of affairs. Kids love dancing and cake. Let’m come.
Anyhoo. So we bring the kids. I love my kids, you all know that. But they have this thing they do. God Bless their little hearts. When we go to a new place, the need to do number two hits them like lightening. Which sucks.

But whatever. Kids don’t care, so they have at it.

The boy goes. Then the girl goes.

The girl makes me stand outside so the potty monster doesn’t reach up from the depths of the toilet and snatch her. I have tried telling her that the potty monster is much faster than Mommy. If he is gonna get you, he’s gonna get you.

No. I don’t say that. Please, what kind of Mom do you think I am?

So I was outside the guest bathroom on the ground floor of the new boss’ plush abode. When the girl says, “Mommy, this toilet’s all stuffed up. It has my brother’s huge poopy and now my really big poopy and a lot of paper.”
So now I’m standing in this woman’s house, having met her not 10 minutes earlier, wondering how in God’s name I am going to broach this subject with her.

I can’t just walk up to her and say, “My kids done stuffed up your crapper. At home I work a plunger the size of a manhole cover to get their dookies down. Sometimes, I have to get my husband, your new employee, to work a hand-cranked toilet snake to clear the clogs. You’d think we feed these kid plutonium. We don’t have water in our toilet, we have a constant flow of Draino!”

I tell my girl not to flush. I go in to see the damage. She washes her hands and leaves me there at the scene of the crime. If I can’t get this bad larry down, it’ll look like I did it.

I didn’t have high hopes. The woman herself is a tiny slip of a person. Mostly sucks on carrots and does a lot of yoga. Probably a bird pooper.
The gentle, feminine decorations deflated my hopes even more. Incense, generic seashore pictures, a small, flickering candle all popped holes in my dreams. There would be no industrial strength rubber magic on a stick up in this joint. All her other bathrooms were upstairs, which was clearly off limits to guests.

Great.

I survey the stew of evil. This is going to take a miracle. I’m either going to try and flush it, and possibly overflow this mess on her Italian marble floors or I am going out go out to her patio and wave her fancy guest towel in surrender. In front of everyone I just met.
The sane choice would be go for help.
So I flushed.

I prayed it was a two-stage toilet. I held the silver handle down and watched it all be put into motion.
Please go down. Please!

And with a disgusting garble it takes what I offered.

Thank Heavens.

Anyhoo. Maybe I shouldn’t be so against leaving the kids out of things.

Where were we? That’s right. We picked up Nonnie and Poppy and danced our happy all around.

We gave them their shirts. They loved them.
So moving the troops was a slow process, we knew it would be. It was like the second stage on the flusher, it takes longer but it’s really, really worth it.

IMG_7693.jpg

First up was dinner. We were going to establish, this evening, a process we got quite good at. First one of the more alert members of our family would retain a few people’s orders, plus their own. Yes, I know what you are thinking. I never took the orders. We all have talents, thinking doesn’t happen to be one of mine.

So I would grab my kids and get the plastic wear, napkins, gelatinous toppings such as mustard and mayo.

Others would trickle in with refilled cups, eventually; we would be together like we were at Thanksgiving every meal. It was truly glorious.

And what a crowd, not a stinker in the group (besides me, obviously). Seriously, each one of these people is exceptional in their kindness, sense of humor and selflessness. (yes, aside from me, stop reminding me!) We would have fun sitting on a porch, never mind at the Mouth of Disney World.
So we ate. We tasted each other’s meals. PC and PS were doted on by six adults. My kids have it so great.

Then we move our troops out. Time to soak in the pool. Sure, It wasn’t the Hippy Dippy pool. But it was wet and sometimes Donald would squirt you in the eye with water.

So we all strapped ourselves into our gear. Soaking in the crowded pool is less relaxing and more about avoidance. Avoiding things being thrown. People all up in your personal space with their annoying bodies. Loud cackling laughter. If you were in the giant ASMU pool that night, I apologize, our crowd was all those things. We played the most unorganized bout of pool volleyball ever. It was way too crowded for our nonsense.

But oh well, we hardly got yelled at by the lifeguards and we had a great time.

After we took the long, long, long trek back to the rooms and redressed, we were ready for more. We took the arduous trip to the pool area, where we watched the end of Bolt on a huge blow up screen.

IMG_7703.jpg

I cried like a girl at the end, as usual.

Mr. TK and I decide to take a stroll, leaving the kids with their gaggle of grandparents.

UP next: I try to call the police and the front desk at the same time!!! Oh my!!!:scared1:

Yahooty! welcome back Mrs TK!!! :banana:

Thank you! Let's see how long I last! :cool1:

Came home tonight after a 12 hour day at work and clicked on this thread, fully expecting to see another "Where are youuuu?????????" post, only to find the story continuing.

YAYHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, welcome back, you have been missed :cool1::cool1:

Hey Baby!!! So happy to see your sweet self here! :hug:

*peeks out shyly from behind a corner*

Hi y'all:) I don't typically read trip reports, but I was jonesing for a Disney fix, clicked the trip report forum, and there it was...The Black Eyed Peas, staring me in the face. I'm a sucker for music references, and I'm so glad I am, because so far, I think this is one of the funniest things I've read yet on DISboards!!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip, Mrs. The King!:hyper:

Hey music sucker! I love that song. I am so glad you got a chuckle!

How did I not know this TR was going on? I am so happy I found it!! No matter what your name is I am so glad I found your TR :yay:. I can't wait to read more.

It is sort of a low key report. Without all the fireworks and stuff.

I am so overcome with joy all I can do is :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:! Much thanks for the wine recommendation! :thumbsup2

Drink up sweet stuff!!!

Still here and ready to roll!!! Had wondered where you were off to, but now we all know. Getting cheap, albeit tasty wine at WalMart.

Hahaha. As if we needed yet another reason to drink!

Aka! I should have picked that screen name! I am so sorry your laptop suffered at the hands of my typing! Tell your hubby thank you for cleaning it.

So happy to see this TR up and running again ... I was checking back here daily for an update!! Woohoo ... back on :cloud9: since the updates are flowing again. We dont care what name you post under ... just so you post. (And I am sure it has something to do with some witness protection program or something top secret like that)

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:: Cant wait for the next chapter

Oh yeah, I had big super True Lies Arnold kind of stuff to do. I am so happy you have joined us!

A little OT story, if you'll indulge me:

My MIL decided to take me and my girls (DD13, DD8, and DD3) to Chicago to the American Girl Doll Store. My SIL decided to come along with her girls (DN15, DN12, DN9 and DN7). We were staying in a very nice downtown hotel, the likes of which most of us had never seen before (SIL rarely leaves the small town she grew up in, population 378).

Picture the Clampetts rolling into town.

MIL was staying in a room by herself (with the snoring and other "issues" we all agreed that was for the best), SIL was staying in a room with all her girls:crowded:, and I had my girls with me in the third room. I was happy with the arrangements -- I liked having some private time with my girls, and my nieces can be a handful, so a little seperation at the end of the day would be a good thing.

MIL got us checked in, and handed me the room keys.

Now, I love my in-laws, I really do. But I am not stupid. I had .37 seconds to pull this off. I looked at the room numbers, did lightning-fast math in my head, and managed to hand out the keys to the two adjoining room to MIL and SIL. Score! Private room all to ourselves!

Of course, MIL and SIL may have been just as happy to get a little time away from me, too! :dance3:

So, adjoining rooms -- good or bad? You be the judge.

Thanks for coming back, MTK.

:flower3:

Super sneaky and fast! Math and I were never friends. So glad you are here! :woohoo:
I'm so glad you're back and posting again!!! I hope your name change wasn't due to anything bad.

Denise

Please, it's me. Of course it was bad.

Mrs the King! This is awesome. I just revived my computer today, it met it's maker last June, but thanks to my sons computer savy friend, he gave it some modem CPR and here I am and there you are! and this is perfect. I have read all your past adventures, I am a big fart fan, I used to never admit to such things but hey farts are funny, it's a fact. Have you given names to the farts yet? You said you were gonna give it try.

Anywho, I was saying to myself, "Self", that's what I call myself, that and Bambi, but anywhooooooo, I was saying, "self, you poor pathetic little soul, now that you have so clumsily fallen off a ladder and broke your tib and fib, what are you gonna do?" And I answered back, it would be rude not to. "Bambi, I am going to get on the boards and look for a meaningful TR." and then who do I see? MRS THE KING, life is good again. And since I fell off the ladder at work (best place to do such a dumb thing) I am getting paid to stay home and read your TR. Does that make me a professional?

In the famous words of Oliver Twist, "Please, May ah ave some mo?"

Dear Hevenas. I hope you feel better soon, but getting paid for it is not so bad. I love big fart fans!!! :love:

:banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana:
(Sorry Mel, whereever you are.....)

Woo Hoo! She's back!!!

I have been keeping an eye out for Cindy's twin.....didn't know she'd show up right here on the "old" Mrs. TK report. I'm thrilled, and looking forward to more fun and excitements with the whole TK crew!

CT probably is making a crazy choice :yay: Aww. Melly where ever she is I hope there is a banana.

So very very happy :goodvibes:banana::goodvibes - My nightly dose of culture returned . . . .:worship:

Hey baby!!!!!!:hug:

You would be happy to know that we keep our plunger right beside the toilet. No hiding...in fact, we dressed it up...it has a dragon golf cozy on it...in our house we use the code phrase..."time to tame the dragon":thumbsup2

I agree with the kids being invited to things...if they are not invited I'm not going...my very own cousin who is getting married this Saturday tried to pull the "we ask that only the adults are present for our meal and reception" thing...black tie hoity toity....so I said that I wouldn't be there (this is considered bad form in my family...not showing for family events)...tooo darn bad...no kids...no me...so now the kids are invited (they will be the only ones) and Emily's going to wear HOT PINK!!:rotfl:

You would be happy to know that we keep our plunger right beside the toilet. No hiding...in fact, we dressed it up...it has a dragon golf cozy on it...in our house we use the code phrase..."time to tame the dragon":thumbsup2

I agree with the kids being invited to things...if they are not invited I'm not going...my very own cousin who is getting married this Saturday tried to pull the "we ask that only the adults are present for our meal and reception" thing...black tie hoity toity....so I said that I wouldn't be there (this is considered bad form in my family...not showing for family events)...tooo darn bad...no kids...no me...so now the kids are invited (they will be the only ones) and Emily's going to wear HOT PINK!!:rotfl:

That is awesome! I love the dragon cozy and putting your foot down and bringing your kids. :woohoo:

Every house should have a plunger. This is not a suggestion.
Amen sister! We keep one in each bathroom and have an emergency spare in the garage. JUST IN CASE.

I can’t just walk up to her and say, “My kids done stuffed up your crapper. At home I work a plunger the size of a manhole cover to get their dookies down. Sometimes, I have to get my husband, your new employee, to work a hand-cranked toilet snake to clear the clogs. You’d think we feed these kid plutonium. We don’t have water in our toilet, we have a constant flow of Draino!”
:lmao:

And with a disgusting garble it takes what I offered.
Whew! I was getting nervous for you there. Only other option in that situation is the horrific trash can Pail & Bail.

Others would trickle in with refilled cups, eventually; we would be together like we were at Thanksgiving every meal. It was truly glorious.
:cloud9:

Then we move our troops out. Time to soak in the pool. Sure, It wasn’t the Hippy Dippy pool. But it was wet and sometimes Donald would squirt you in the eye with water.
Well hey, if you got a fiberglass water fowl squirting at you then life is good!

But oh well, we hardly got yelled at by the lifeguards and we had a great time.
Fun times!

After we took the long, long, long trek back to the rooms and redressed, we were ready for more. We took the arduous trip to the pool area, where we watched the end of Bolt on a huge blow up screen.
How cool!

Mr. TK and I decide to take a stroll, leaving the kids with their gaggle of grandparents.
Good call.

UP next: I try to call the police and the front desk at the same time!!! Oh my!!!:scared1:
I'm laughing already. Well, more snorting and harumphing, but you get the idea. Can't wait for the next update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter