• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Check in here if you won a OMDD trip! UPDATE: We HAVE 16 (+1) Winners!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 23 planning papers. :eek: Maybe I need to stop reading everyone's posts. Now I'm really starting to stress out that we won't get our dates. :scared1: We are still waiting on our initial letter from DL since I won on February 7 and sent back our choice on the 20th because we were traveling when we heard we won. Trying to find dates that work with office schedules of 4 adults has been so hard. I'm really going to be disappointed if they turn down on date options. :sad2: Just got to keep telling myself to think positive and not stress. :goodvibes

So have you just received the WDW or DL paperwork? We haven't received our questionnaire either.

So where it says on disneyland.com that they are typically open until 9pm in October, they would close earlier than that for the Halloween party? That would be good, because with two 4 year olds and a 2 year old, I don't think they would last past 9 to go trick or treating with Mickey. I've subscribed to the MNSSHP thread, so I'll have to check it to see if they have listed the historical hours for the event.

Hey all, I've been lurking and enjoying your back-and-forth planning. I feel like I know all of you which must be odd since you have no idea who I am!!

Anywhooo, Dbbydk, I went to the DL MHP last year. The parties were held on Tuesday and Friday nights with a Monday exchanged for the Tuesday here or there.

I bought my tickets early, and I think they were $49 for adults, children would be cheaper I believe. We had an amazing time. We were there on a Tuesday night (October 18th) and it was my DD's 2nd bday. The park closed at 7:00 pm for regular guests that night, but those with the event tickets were allowed entry 3 hours early, so we got in at 4:00.

If you would like more details on my experience, PM me and I'll be happy to tell you everything I know.

CONGRATS EVERYONE, and I hope to join your ranks as a bored, weird OMDD winner soon!!

Eeeee!!!! We got our initial itinerary from DL!! :banana::banana::banana:
For those who care, we emailed our request early yesterday morning.

*We got our first-choice travel dates (early Dec.)

*Flying Alaska into Orange County (It does note that baggage fees are not covered as part of the prize. Good thing we travel light!)

*And staying at the Grand Californian Hotel (I cannot even begin to express how much this thrills me. Seriously. Once in a lifetime opportunity for us.)

I am. So. Stinkin. Excited.

Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to keep this a secret from our boys until then - nine and a half loooooong months away.......

Got an email from the WDW contact. Our trip is booked for December!!!!! We chose AKL and that is what we have. We love that place. I won't be totally excited till I receive comfirmation numbers. We also added on extra nights.

Congrats! We asked for AKL too, but in June.:rolleyes: On your extra nights are you staying at AKL also and if not did they tell you where? Did you pick a value, moderate or deluxe resort?
We chose a value resort and was wondering if they will give us the name of the second at the same time.
:rolleyes2

:jumping2::jumping3:

*Flying Alaska into Orange County (It does note that baggage fees are not covered as part of the prize. Good thing we travel light!)

*And staying at the Grand Californian Hotel (I cannot even begin to express how much this thrills me. Seriously. Once in a lifetime opportunity for us.)

Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to keep this a secret from our boys until then - nine and a half loooooong months away.......

Congrats!!!

party: party:

:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum

That's awesome!!! Did you get your flight info or just your dates and hotel confirmed? My contact told me over the phone that we got our choice of date and hotel but he couldn't tell me when I would get my email. :headache: He also said he didn't know the rates yet for the additional nights but I know the form specifically listed $100-110 per night for the value.

Hi, just curious, did the form state how much the deluxe rates were for the extra nights? :)

*bolded by me*

Guess who just received their itinerary? Guess who got their FIRST choices on everything? Dates, flights and hotel... Grand Californian!

Wow, I leave for half a day and I have almost 10 more pages to read! It's hard to go back and figure out where I left off reading lol. This thread is getting quite large. I haven't gotten my questionnaire sent in yet, we're kind of waiting on the other 2 in our group and checking the dates out with them. If they don't get back to us tomorrow though I'll send it in anyways with the dates we want and just hope that those dates work out for them as well :)

I really want to get it in to make sure we can get what we want, mostly the dates, August 3-8 ,but the Grand Floridian as well.

We got our itinerary. So bummed (don't know why, the trip is free), we got our dates, but we got the DLH. I guess I'm bummed because that's where we were planning on staying, so it would have been awesome to get the GC. I'll get over it.

So . . . all this time I've been :rotfl: over all the Fed Ex stories . . . . until I have my own.
I too have been checking my email for my itinerary, NOTHING. About 5 min ago I got an email from Disney. Heart pounding I open it . . annnnd it's a preview for a movie!
WAH WAH WAH!!!
:lmao:

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

So happy for you! Loved it there. Since you are the first I've seen for the WDW trip. :thumbsup2 I was curious since pp have said that it has to be for a Saturday stay over, can you confirm that?? If you can't- is there a way to ask your WDW contact? :confused3 I am sooo nervous about making my dining ressies and it changes the dates I have chosen for when I receive my paperwork. I know pp said it was on DL paperwork and they said it applied to both.

Yes. I had to book a Saturday stay.

We got our itinerary. So bummed (don't know why, the trip is free), we got our dates, but we got the DLH. I guess I'm bummed because that's where we were planning on staying, so it would have been awesome to get the GC. I'll get over it.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the GC :sad1: That would have been amazing to stay there. I'm hoping we can get the Grand Floridian at WDW. I feel like DL might be a little harder to coordinate in terms of hotels simply due to the lack of them, if that makes any sense. But I'm sure it will still be a great time :)

Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to keep this a secret from our boys until then - nine and a half loooooong months away.......[/QUOT

Thanks for sharing your excitement. It must feel great to have your travel arrangements confirmed. :cheer2:

Congrats! We asked for AKL too, but in June.:rolleyes: On your extra nights are you staying at AKL also and if not did they tell you where? Did you pick a value, moderate or deluxe resort?
We chose a value resort and was wondering if they will give us the name of the second at the same time.
:rolleyes2

:jumping2::jumping3:

I chose to stay in the same resort for our extra days. I don't actually know the cost yet so I might be asking for a change. We will see.

We decided we aren't telling our kids till the day we leave. They have never flown and are always asking to fly somewhere so this will be awesome for them (well our 7 year old has flown quite a bit but all before he turned 2 - lol

Just missed a call from a 212 area code. Next three numbers are 777. Does that ring a bell with any of the winners? We have mostly entered online, but DH has entered by text a few times.

Just for info because several have inquired over the last few pages about where people are going:

We chose WDW, Staying at AKL

I have received email conmfirmation that our dates were excepted as well as our resort choice, but no info on airfare or an itinerary yet.

Just missed a call from a 212 area code. Next three numbers are 777. Does that ring a bell with any of the winners? We have mostly entered online, but DH has entered by text a few times.

No. It was 212-322-xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter