• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Check in here if you won a OMDD trip! UPDATE: We HAVE 16 (+1) Winners!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my itinerary as well! Boy, they've been busy today! :yay:

We got the dates we wanted (July 14-18) and the flights we wanted. We got the Disneyland Hotel as well Debby. I'm a tad bit disappointed it wasn't the GCH, but hey, it's free so I can't complain! My boys wanted to stay there anyway because of the cool monorail pool.

I even asked for a quote for extra nights and they were awesome to give me the military rates without me even asking! :thumbsup2

If anyone is interested, we're flying Delta from Atlanta to LAX. We're leaving early in the morning so hopefully we'll be at the hotel by noon!!! :woohoo: We're staying in California for an extra week and it was no problem to just tell them what day we wanted to fly home and they did it.

They're awesome!!! :cheer2:

party: New to this thread but to all the winners so far CONGRATS!!!!

Sorry if this has been asked before but to those who won did you enter via the website or text? Cool to hear the different answers. (Sorry there is a lot of pages to try to find out the answer) :goodvibes

CONGRATS again!!

We got the dates we wanted (July 14-18) and the flights we wanted. We got the Disneyland Hotel as well Debby. I'm a tad bit disappointed it wasn't the GCH, but hey, it's free so I can't complain! My boys wanted to stay there anyway because of the cool monorail pool.

I even asked for a quote for extra nights and they were awesome to give me the military rates without me even asking! :thumbsup2

If anyone is interested, we're flying Delta from Atlanta to LAX. We're leaving early in the morning so hopefully we'll be at the hotel by noon!!! :woohoo: We're staying in California for an extra week and it was no problem to just tell them what day we wanted to fly home and they did it.

Awesome Sue!!!!!

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Sprinkling a bit of pixie dust around for those of us who are winners in waiting, and those of us who are winners, waiting for our plans to be finalized. Happy Planning:banana::banana::banana:

So happy for you! Congrats!

Got my itinerary about an hour ago and we got first choice on everything we wanted; even got the flights that I asked for! We are going August 4-8 and staying at the Grand Californian. Flying non stop on Virgin American into and out of LAX. We are extending our California stay by 5 days to sight see since we have never been there before. They had no problem extending our stay and letting us choose our fly home date. :cool1:

We got our itinerary. So bummed (don't know why, the trip is free), we got our dates, but we got the DLH. I guess I'm bummed because that's where we were planning on staying, so it would have been awesome to get the GC. I'll get over it.

Oh, so sorry to hear; at least you didn't get a downgrade to PPH. And, you'll still get the giftcards. It's nice that you got the dates that you wanted!

And for anyone who is planning on staying at a Disney hotel past the 4 nights we're given, you have to pay for the first night in full when they make the reservation. We were thinking of staying an extra night, but don't want to pay almost $300 dollars out of pocket. I was hoping we'd be able to use the giftcard, but unfortunately that's a no.

It would work for those of you who are staying multiple nights though. You would have to pay for the first night upfront, but when you check in they'll give you the GC and you could pay for the other nights with that I'd think. :)

I told my husband that I feel slightly better knowing that you got DLH too, and he said, "so somebody else getting the shaft cheers you up? Wow, I didn't know you were so shallow". Then he laughed at me.

I told my husband that I feel slightly better knowing that you got DLH too, and he said, "so somebody else getting the shaft cheers you up? Wow, I didn't know you were so shallow". Then he laughed at me.

LOL! :rotfl: Like someone else said, at least we didn't get PPH. My boys really wanted the DLH because of the pool so they're thrilled and my hubby could care less. Anything's an improvement to how we usually do Disney...staying in our camper and I have to cook and clean the entire time. :lmao:

Yes. We chose WDW. I honestly thought we would be an easy trip to get out of the way because we're only about an hour away, so all that had to be taken care of was hotel reservations. Buuuuut, looks like I was wrong. Oh well, let the waiting continue! :rolleyes1

I really want to know what kind of ground transportation they are going to provide for you guys since you're within the 250 mile limit. Let us know what they say!

Oh, so sorry to hear; at least you didn't get a downgrade to PPH. And, you'll still get the giftcards. It's nice that you got the dates that you wanted!

I know, "you're right, you're right, I know, you're right", as Marie says to Sally in "When Harry Met Sally".

LOL! :rotfl: Like someone else said, at least we didn't get PPH. My boys really wanted the DLH because of the pool so they're thrilled and my hubby could care less. Anything's an improvement to how we usually do Disney...staying in our camper and I have to cook and clean the entire time. :lmao:

Yes, it would be an improvement over cooking and cleaning.

Let me know how that goes with ordering groceries, and who you order from, and how much they overcharge for the convenience of delivering to you. We are going to need milk, at the very least.

I know, "you're right, you're right, I know, you're right", as Marie says to Sally in "When Harry Met Sally".

Yes, it would be an improvement over cooking and cleaning.

Let me know how that goes with ordering groceries, and who you order from, and how much they overcharge for the convenience of delivering to you. We are going to need milk, at the very least.

I read on the Disneyland board that people have used Vons and it's free delivery over $50 for your first order. I checked out their website, but you have to register to see how much anything costs and I haven't had the time. Whatever the prices are, they have to be better than paying for water one bottle at a time at DL!

Man, this contest is killing me. I spend all day reading this thread and I'm supposed to be finishing a class! Thank goodness my husband's been out of town and can't see how much time I'm spending on the computer every day. :rotfl:

We got our itinerary. So bummed (don't know why, the trip is free), we got our dates, but we got the DLH. I guess I'm bummed because that's where we were planning on staying, so it would have been awesome to get the GC. I'll get over it.

I'm checking back in on the thread and caught this sort mid stream.

DOn't know if you listen to the DIS Unplugged podcast but, Pete (who owns Dreams Unlimited Travel and the creator of the DISboards) just returned from a trip to Disneyland and mentioned that DLH is now his very favorite hotel of ALL Disney owned hotels! I don't think he went into details but the guy travels the world and stays at very nice places.
Hope this helps put some spring back into your step. :hug:

Eeeee!!!! We got our initial itinerary from DL!! :banana::banana::banana:
For those who care, we emailed our request early yesterday morning.

*We got our first-choice travel dates (early Dec.)

*Flying Alaska into Orange County (It does note that baggage fees are not covered as part of the prize. Good thing we travel light!)

*And staying at the Grand Californian Hotel (I cannot even begin to express how much this thrills me. Seriously. Once in a lifetime opportunity for us.)

I am. So. Stinkin. Excited.

Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to keep this a secret from our boys until then - nine and a half loooooong months away.......

Woo hoo! Congrats. I don't know how you could keep it from your boys that long. I'd go crazy! I always have trouble keeping our trips from our boys for a month or two. :)

So, is anyone going to make a list showing which park and resort everyone is staying at? :goodvibes (for those that wish to share, that is). :)

I'm checking back in on the thread and caught this sort mid stream.

DOn't know if you listen to the DIS Unplugged podcast but, Pete (who owns Dreams Unlimited Travel and the creator of the DISboards) just returned from a trip to Disneyland and mentioned that DLH is now his very favorite hotel of ALL Disney owned hotels! I don't think he went into details but the guy travels the world and stays at very nice places.
Hope this helps put some spring back into your step. :hug:

Oooh, I'll have to look for it. I'm excited that the hotel's just been renovated and the rooms look really nice. My boys are beside themselves about the monorail pool. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter