Car Rentals in May

Anyone looking for a deal on a midsize SUV rental, just received an email for an awesome rate from Thrifty. Mid-size SUV 7 day rental $169.99. Vaild for travel between now and June 15th. (Memorial Day weekend is not available though).

PM me for the code!

The Promo # for the $169.99 SUV deal through Thrifty is 3C12E.

Promo # EM129 gets a compact through thrifty for $129.99 base rate for the week for the same time periods and subject to the same blackouts and restrictions.

My May 29-June 6 alamo ressie is holding steady at $84. That's a great rate, but I keep checking alamo just in case. :thumbsup2

Just back from our trip. We had booked a standard size through hotwire.com and got Hertz. When we went to pick up they said they had nothing in that size and tried to give us a pick up truck! This was at noon on a Saturday. We settled for a Town and Country minivan. We didn't really need a minivan but it was nice to have the extra room.

Question - could I have canceled the hotwire deal since they didn't hold up their end? I considered trying to do this since prices had dropped by about 20% after I booked. I'm sure we could have found something cheaper but I wasn't sure how much of a hassle it would be to cancel or if it would be a possibility since we pre-paid. In the end, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and since I'm used to driving a big SUV, it was good not to have to squeeze into a standard size.

I have a 3 day Alamo ressie at the WDW Dolphin location (not MCO) for Sat May 28 to Tues May 31 for $91. I really only need Sun to Tues, but the 2 day rental was only $11.00 cheaper since I used the code for $25 off a three day rental with a Sat stay). I am wondering if anybody knows of anything better I could get from Alamo or National at the Dolphin??? You guys seem to be geniuses at cheap rental car rates!!!

I will be in the area from Sat May 28 to Sun Jun 5, so could keep the car longer if cheaper, but really only need Sun afternoon to Tues morning. Also, I am being dropped off at Disney and picked up on the back end, so MCO is not an option, only the WDW rental car locations that I can get to on Disney transportation.

TIA

Well, we are leaving on Friday morning. I keep checking my Alamo reservation and this week it went from $92 up to $156!! I was hoping it would keep coming down a bit, but I am so glad I have the $92 instead of the $156:thumbsup2

We reserved a standard size...will report back what cars we find there and what we end up taking.

Just made a last minute attempt to lower my rates for next week and it worked. Used my Alamo Insider #, the 20% off ID and the $40. off coupon - the midsize is $60.52 and the standard (thanks Dan) is $67.. Now, to make a decision. Hope this might help some of you.

wanted to let folks know we picked up our Alamo car last night and we had a mid size reservation. In the mid- size area were tons and tons of vans, a few Kia Soul and a few HHR. We decide to get the Soul.

What I also wanted to mention is that for those of you who really need a van, i would make two reservations. One for a mid size and one for a van. When you arrive at MCO go out to the car lot and see if there is a van in the mid size section. IF so go back in and use the reservation number for your mid size rental. It might be a good idea to leave one member of your family in the van so that no one else gets it. WHy pay the higher price for a van if you can get a van at the mid-size price.

It was so easy to rent a car using the kiosk. In less than 5 minutes we were done! Remember if you make two reservation and you are using the kiosk don't swipe your drivers license in order to pull up the reservation rather type in the reservation number for the mid - size. I would be afraid if I swiped my drivers license it would pull up the reservation that cost more :scared1:

BTW we rented our car at 10:00 p.m

wanted to let folks know we picked up our Alamo car last night and we had a mid size reservation. In the mid- size area were tons and tons of vans, a few Kia Soul and a few HHR. We decide to get the Soul.

What I also wanted to mention is that for those of you who really need a van, i would make two reservations. One for a mid size and one for a van. When you arrive at MCO go out to the car lot and see if there is a van in the mid size section. IF so go back in and use the reservation number for your mid size rental. It might be a good idea to leave one member of your family in the van so that no one else gets it. WHy pay the higher price for a van if you can get a van at the mid-size price.

It was so easy to rent a car using the kiosk. In less than 5 minutes we were done! Remember if you make two reservation and you are using the kiosk don't swipe your drivers license in order to pull up the reservation rather type in the reservation number for the mid - size. I would be afraid if I swiped my drivers license it would pull up the reservation that cost more :scared1:

great to know!! Thanks for sharing. We arrive on Friday and have a standard reserved but would love a van instead(will be ok in a standard size, but a van would just be roomier) Was it the A or theB side that you picked up on?

Gosh I rented a mid-size for 8 days and paid less than you are for 3 days!. YOu could use the ME bus and go to MCO and pick up a car at the start of your trip and have it the whole time! YOu don't have to have an airline reservation to do this you just have to be staying at a Disney resort. By have a Disney reservation you are entitled to use the ME.

I just got my car yesterday and I am paying $84 for 8 days. Sign up for the insider program, use the corp code 7015820 and the coupon for $40 off.
BTW I priced cars at the Dolphin and they were 3 times higher than the MCO rate! The rate for a compact car with tax is $65.00 at MCO

I have a 3 day Alamo ressie at the WDW Dolphin location (not MCO) for Sat May 28 to Tues May 31 for $91. I really only need Sun to Tues, but the 2 day rental was only $11.00 cheaper since I used the code for $25 off a three day rental with a Sat stay). I am wondering if anybody knows of anything better I could get from Alamo or National at the Dolphin??? You guys seem to be geniuses at cheap rental car rates!!!

I will be in the area from Sat May 28 to Sun Jun 5, so could keep the car longer if cheaper, but really only need Sun afternoon to Tues morning. Also, I am being dropped off at Disney and picked up on the back end, so MCO is not an option, only the WDW rental car locations that I can get to on Disney transportation.

TIA

It was on the A side.

great to know!! Thanks for sharing. We arrive on Friday and have a standard reserved but would love a van instead(will be ok in a standard size, but a van would just be roomier) Was it the A or theB side that you picked up on?

Their website says that they charge $50 for reservations cancelled within 24 hrs or no shows...is this not true?

Ok im sure this has been asked buy my reservation with alamo is coming up and wanted to make sure that i dont need to take anything with me for the 20% off and 40 off thing?

Ok im sure this has been asked buy my reservation with alamo is coming up and wanted to make sure that i dont need to take anything with me for the 20% off and 40 off thing?

Nope, just check in at the kiosk. Nothing else is needed.

Jill in CO

We have a car reserved with Alamo starting next week. We would LOVE to find a van in the Full Size category for our family of 5. Seems that Terminal A has had a lot lately. Anyone know which terminal Southwest uses - A or B? This is our first time flying SW and we've only rented from National in past.

We have a car reserved with Alamo starting next week. We would LOVE to find a van in the Full Size category for our family of 5. Seems that Terminal A has had a lot lately. Anyone know which terminal Southwest uses - A or B? This is our first time flying SW and we've only rented from National in past.

Southwest uses A side at MCO

National is usually the car company that has mixed possibilities on the aisle...

I maybe mistaken , but not sure you would find a "van" on the full size aisle at Alamo, someone else might have had other experiences, they could add their observations....

although you might find a sympathetic worker who might help you....

I reserved a standard earlier in the month. There is no standard at NCO, so it becomes a full. There were a lot of minivans in the full. I took a Dodge Grand Caravan. $103 for 9 days.

hi everyone
arrived in Orlando today; had a standard size reserved with alamo and we found a dodge Durango on the STD/full size aisle(a side)!not bad for 97 bucks;)

FWIW...

We rented a full size car for $154 from May 7-17th from Alamo. We picked up our car around 8:30am (got in the night before, stayed at the airport) from the A side. The lines were long at the Alamo counter, so we went to a kiosk and were good to go within 5-7mins. The A side seemed pretty full. When we went to the full size aisle we were incredibly pleased to fine an aisle FULL of SUVs, Mini-vans, and also full size. We got a 2010 Santa Fe with about 11K miles on it.

On our way out, we heard an Alamo employee tell the lady in the kiosk checking people out, "Lots of mini-vans, too many, so we're parking mid-size in compact, full-size in mid-size, minivans going everywhere."

In 2010 we rented end of May for about 9 days, $180.xx, standard (which is also full size at MCO, they don't have a standard aisle), picked up the car around 5pm on a Saturday. The full size aisle was filled, every space, with full size sedans, no suvs or anything else. Very boring, but we didn't care as our needs just required handling 4 adults with room in the trunk for a scooter.

So it really depends on the day and the time - luck of the draw, really.

hi everyone
arrived in Orlando today; had a standard size reserved with alamo and we found a dodge Durango on the STD/full size aisle(a side)!not bad for 97 bucks;)

Would love a Durango! When are you returning it? Please park it in the minivan aisle upon return. That's what we have reserved! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter