• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car Rentals in May

I booked with Alamo but it's not really a great deal. Hoping to find something better before we go:

full size car, 3 days $170.80
contract ID 7015504

I've been looking too - haven't seen any great rates. 35/day for a compact. Is that good? I don't even know.

The new codes should come out soon. I just booked the car rental through hotwire hot rate and got Hertz (mid-size) at $146.26 (included tax).

Pick-up details
Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 7:30AM
Drop-off details
Tue, May 3, 2011 at 3:30PM

Car daily rate - Hotwire Hot Rate:$18.95
Rental days:5 days
Taxes and fees:$51.51
Subtotal:$146.26

Trip total:$146.26

I plan to start this search tonight using any and all codes I can find! We will be there from April 30-May 7. I'll let you know if I find anything great!

I'm going to wdw 4/8-4/15. With a corporate code with Dollar I got a premium full size for $371.00. That is sooooo expensive. I used to get a minivan for 200. I guess I need to keep looking.

I'm finding a mid-size through Hot-wire for May 15 - 22 for $147.20. I would grab it but I haven't booked my plane reservations yet. Hope to do that next week and hope this deal is still there.

I too will be looking for a rental for mid-May for 8 days. I have not used Hotwire before. I just went to their site. Is their best pricing the ones where it does not show which company you are renting from until you select the category you want and fill out the information? Do the deals usually get better the closer to the booking date?

I too will be looking for a rental for mid-May for 8 days. I have not used Hotwire before. I just went to their site. Is their best pricing the ones where it does not show which company you are renting from until you select the category you want and fill out the information? Do the deals usually get better the closer to the booking date?

It depend, sometimes it is getting cheaper, but sometimes it will cost more.

Priceline also offer car rental bidding, but no matter you buy from hotwire or priceline, you cannot see the company name until you win, but they mostly use Alama, Avis, Hertz or National.

I'm finding a mid-size through Hot-wire for May 15 - 22 for $147.20. I would grab it but I haven't booked my plane reservations yet. Hope to do that next week and hope this deal is still there.

FYI, it is Nissan Sentra or similar for Hertz MCO (hotwire/mid-size), not Mazda 6 or similar.

I got a rate of $208 after taxes for a compact from 5/8 -14 from Enterprise with a Costco discount. It also includes an upgrade to mid-size. This was the best rate I could find, since I'm not staying over a Saturday night and couldn't take advantage of any Alamo codes.

I just booked my flights and when with the Hotwire $147.20 and it is Hertz again.
I was watching the national news this evening and the news out of Egypt and the threat of gas prices shooting up make me decide to move on with my planning. I wanted to get everything locked in, just in case. My flights did go down $10 per ticket since yesterday, and I promised myself if they went down at all I would book right then. I'm locked in now.

Way too early for May. We have our flights and room booked but I won't start seriously looking for a car deal until early April at the earliest.

I have a decent rate with National for May 2-14 (12.5 days). I have a full size (Executive Aisle guaranteed) for a total of $188 before taxes (Grand total of $271). Not a bad rate, but always hoping for a better rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter