• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car Rentals in May

we are going the 24th-30th. My mom will be with us the 24th-27th. Without my mom, we can fit in a bigger car...it's a tight squeeze (3 adults and 2 kids) and it would mean DD wouldn't use a booster (she still uses one at home but probably not for much longer), and it would also mean we would take our small stroller instead of the big jogger (DS will happily sit in his jogger but hates any other strollers). I think we'd also struggle getting the luggage for the 5 of us into the trunk.

I told my husband that we'd save probably $50-60 by downgrading and taking the chance, but he said he'd rather just pay the money to make sure we get one...the stroller issue is the biggest reason for me...i don't want to carry him all over the park :cutie:

Yea better safe then sorry! We go on the 28th I bet we both see minivans... Oh well!
Has there ever been anything but minivans in that row?

Guys I need some help - I am renting my car from Sanford Alamo and when I go online to reserve when I put in the ID and coupon code along with my Insiders # it makes the rental price more than if I just use the insiders and coupon? Am I doing something wrong?!

That is one thing a number of us have discovered - sometimes it is less expensive to just use your Insiders number and the $40 off coupon. The Insider code number is giving 20% off through the end of the month.

Guys I need some help - I am renting my car from Sanford Alamo and when I go online to reserve when I put in the ID and coupon code along with my Insiders # it makes the rental price more than if I just use the insiders and coupon? Am I doing something wrong?!

which ID are you using?

The 20% off 7015820

I keep checking our 11 day minivan rental with the 20% off plus $40 coupon (AD4027JDO) for our upcoming trip. It's been the same price for about the last two weeks and today the price dropped by (drum roll please) $1.68!

It's still a great deal, but it's fun to see if it goes any lower. Currently, it's about $40 less than National's lowest price and about $70 less than Dollar.

I keep checking our 11 day minivan rental with the 20% off plus $40 coupon (AD4027JDO) for our upcoming trip. It's been the same price for about the last two weeks and today the price dropped by (drum roll please) $1.68!

It's still a great deal, but it's fun to see if it goes any lower. Currently, it's about $40 less than National's lowest price and about $70 less than Dollar.

Yeah, mine went down to $132 for a minivan for a week and then the next day went up to $166...now it's at $165 :P. Glad i caught it on the $132 day!

Our National rental hasn't changed in a few days ... the back-up rental we have with Alamo did go up $0.77 though :rotfl:

We're like you, it's fun to see if we can get a lower rate :thumbsup2

I have one more question maybe someone can help me with....I have the credit card between me and my husband but he will be the primary driver. Will that be an issue at Alamo?

I have one more question maybe someone can help me with....I have the credit card between me and my husband but he will be the primary driver. Will that be an issue at Alamo?

My Aamo reservation states "A major credit card or debit card and a valid driver's license BOTH IN THE NAME OF THE RENTER will be requiredat the time of rental." (my caps not theirs)
If you belong to Alamo Insiders, you could be listed as the primary driver, assuming that you have a valid license) even if you aren't planning on doing any of the driving and your husband would be the free additional driver.

I just reserved a fullsize at Alamo for May 27-June 8 (1 week plus 5 days) for $210.86 (fees, etc, included). We had previously reserved a standard for the same time using an Alamo insiders code for $285.96.

I used a Costco link on the cheaper ressie. Yay me!

Hey Sassy I just sent you a PM on how to lower your rate to $161.00. The trick is to add 30 minutes to your car rental. For example if you pick it up at 12:00 on May 27 and returned it at 12:30 on June 8 it lowers the rate nearly $100 dollars!

I just reserved a fullsize at Alamo for May 27-June 8 (1 week plus 5 days) for $210.86 (fees, etc, included). We had previously reserved a standard for the same time using an Alamo insiders code for $285.96.

I used a Costco link on the cheaper ressie. Yay me!
If you are renting at MCO, reserve a standard, generally lower priced than a full. They do not have standard at MCO, so you will default to a full when you go to pick up.

Anyone looking for a deal on a midsize SUV rental, just received an email for an awesome rate from Thrifty. Mid-size SUV 7 day rental $169.99. Vaild for travel between now and June 15th. (Memorial Day weekend is not available though).

PM me for the code!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter