CANDY BUFFET for my DD graduation party I NEED HELP..Please

Here you go...

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

The link you posted had these two pics. The way I posted them was to hover over the picture and then click on the box by the link for IMG code. It was change to COPIED and then you can come here and paste that right in your post. Paste by doing the CTRL-V together.

Thank you so much!!!! You are why I love this board!:hug:

This was the hit of our party! I had 13 different types of candy & red/white bags with stickers on them: His picture & "Thanks for coming to my Party". I have SOooooooooooooooooooo much candy left over--

414301_10151011386519122_80399613_o.jpg

456271_10151011386729122_1700288121_o.jpg

459321_10151011386034122_1221997311_o.jpg

412658_10151011385559122_1314931994_o.jpg

since the thread is over a year old, I don't think there will be many updates to it.

I did a candy buffet for my DD's communion last year. I forgot to post a pic till I saw this post pop up. Her communion was last year in May. I bought almost all the candy after Easter. I got most of the candy for 75-90 % off. I got the automatic candy dispenser at CVS for $2.50. I took boxes and wrapped them in dollar store wrapping paper to give it some height. I got some of the containers at Ikea and dollar store. I put out clear plastic cups for those who wanted to eat the candy after dinner and I also got pink and green lunch type bags that I put labels on that said "thanks for making Samantha's Communion sweet" and the date

null_zps36c20aa4.jpg

Has anyone else had this problem? I have found the affordable candy is unappealing to me so I have a hard putting it on "display". Any deals out there, or do you just mix the good stuff with the kid stuff?

I made this candy/dessert buffet for dd's graduation. Sorry it is blurry but we only took one pic before anyone arrived and didn't realize it wasn't clear.

Her school colors were blue and silver so I used that as the theme.

I made the cake pops and cake balls in white and blue. The displays for the cake pops were made by covering foam squares I found on clearance with some silver fabric I had at home. These were time consuming and ended up being rather expensive (in my opinion) because of the candy coating but they were loved by everyone so worth it.

I also made mini carrot cake cupcakes since they are dd's favorite even though they weren't blue or silver they blended in ok.

I borrowed the cake plates from my sister but all other containers came from Goodwill on 1/2 price housewares day so they cost $1 each or less.

Candy cost did add up quickly but I tried to keep things budget for the most part. We had a mix of snack/mini size candy bars that are silver/blue in a tall container and also a bowl of mini York patties. I found some blue and silver Hershey Kisses in December and stored them until the party. I also purchased some Cookies and Cream Kisses since the wrapper is both silver and blue. At Party City I was able to purchase just blue Pixie Stix so I didn't have to purchase many packages to get the blues.

The rest of the candy I purchased a local warehouse that sells both wholesale and retail bulk candy. Tootsie Roll Fruities were 5 pound bags for $7 so it was a huge amount of candy for pretty cheap. That was also where a got the rock candy pops (where looked nice but weren't popular). The total splurge was a large box of Lindor Truffles with blue wrappers but they were as much a gift for my daughter as a dessert item and the price was great compared to regular retail cost.

The final item on the table was a large bowl of a cereal/candy mix I made myself. It is made with Corn Flakes, Corn Pops and popcorn all coated in different color candy coating. Everyone loves it and it makes a HUGE amount.

I did splurge on the fabric for the tablecloth but again - coupon and sale helped keep the cost reasonable.

I had a ton of dessert on this table but the party went from 1pm - 12:30 am and we had family as well as friends (including many big-eating high school boys). The candy buffet was unique and the kids loved it. Some of the kids were here all day but some left to go to the party with the bounce house and then came back for marshmallow roasting after dark. They ate candy ALL day and were just thrilled with it.

Candy buffets are not super cheap but by watching for sales/clearance and making some of the dessert things myself (I got the candy melts a little bit at a time using coupons at Michaels and Hobby Lobby) it wasn't too bad.

FYI - we did serve real food for the meal so we weren't just serving sugar all day.

Since I found this thread 3 years ago I have been doing a Candy Buffet instead of Easter Baskets for my teenagers. It is so much prettier, and less messy than baskets and no more extra candy going to waste in the back of a cabinet some where.

My kids non Christian friends also look forward to coming over and getting a bag of treats each year. They help the candy go fast so it doesn't tempt me for too long.
46650_4761188152467_808051753_n.jpg

540703_4761182992338_63485293_n.jpg

Because of this thread I did a candy buffet for my sisters coed baby shower. The big hits were the chocolate covered oreos and chocolate covered pretzels I made! The surprise hit to me was the twirly lollipops,they all went! What I brought home was the mints, gumballs and candy sticks:confused3 Also a BIG favorite. peanut butter cups:thumbsup2 I wish I knew how to post pictures because it came out great(if I do say so myself):blush: I got lots of compliments from the girls and the guys!!!!

Looking for more photos of Candy Buffetts. I am putting together a wedding Candy Buffett for my son's wedding less than 2 months away. Good thing is ...Valentines Day is at the end of the week and I hope to scoop up some great deals on candy ...hopefully 50% off clearance after Valentines Day ! Any photos of Wedding Buffetts would be greatly appreciated !:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter