CANDY BUFFET for my DD graduation party I NEED HELP..Please

Bumping this up again :)

If anyone is looking for bulk candy I just ordered from Metrocandy.com-GREAT prices, HIGH shipping (almost $30 :eek: ) but ordering this way was still cheaper than Sam's club. They also offer 10% is you join their email club.

Also - Oriental Trading has FREE shipping today w/ no minumum order! I ordered some red & white graduation mints :) CODE: freefw51 :thumbsup2

Happy shopping !

Thanks! I ordered several items from Oriental Trading and I just hate paying shipping for them, especially since they are right down the road from me! I order the blue/white mints and some treat bags and the blue/white personalized lollipops.

We did a candy buffet for my DD Sweet 16 and it was a big hit.
I bought cute jars in different shapes and sizes from Michaels and ordered the candy (all pink and silver) from various online stores.

This summer will be here high school graduation and thought we might do candy buffet again. I am stumped though-do I do the colors of her high school (gold and black) or the colors of the college she is going to (red and white)??

Any thoughts?

We just went to a wedding with a candy bar!! We LOVED IT! It was such a good idea and so nice. We are actually going to do one at our daughter's 1st bday party on the 31st. =)

I like the chinese take out boxes for the kids to put candy in. Those of you that have used them......what size are you using?

OMG! I love this idea!!! My hubs is Chinese and our daughter's 1st bday party is coming up--we are going to do a candy bar and this is an AWESOME idea!!! where do people find these? DOllar tree??

Thanks! I ordered several items from Oriental Trading and I just hate paying shipping for them, especially since they are right down the road from me! I order the blue/white mints and some treat bags and the blue/white personalized lollipops.

Hi neighbor! That always bugs me too, I wish they had a store or pick up dept. I will have to go check them out now with the free ship.

For the pp who asked about the take out boxes, most craft stores or party depts carry them. I found some really cute ones at Hobby Lobby for DD's Sweet Sixteen.

This summer will be here high school graduation and thought we might do candy buffet again. I am stumped though-do I do the colors of her high school (gold and black) or the colors of the college she is going to (red and white)??

Any thoughts?

I wondered about that too so I asked DD. Personally, I think her college colors are much cuter than her HS colors. However, she wants her HS colors so that's what we're going with.

We did a candy buffet for my DD Sweet 16 and it was a big hit.
I bought cute jars in different shapes and sizes from Michaels and ordered the candy (all pink and silver) from various online stores.

Any thoughts?

I almost did both--one end of the table one set of colors and the other the college set. For my DD it would be blue/silver-->blue/gold(different blues). But then I decided to stick with only one because I wasn't sure how to tie them together.

Hi neighbor! That always bugs me too, I wish they had a store or pick up dept. I will have to go check them out now with the free ship.

For the pp who asked about the take out boxes, most craft stores or party depts carry them. I found some really cute ones at Hobby Lobby for DD's Sweet Sixteen.
:wave2:Hey, neighbor!:wave2:

Oriental Trading has those, too! I saw some at Hobby Lobby, but they weren't the right colors. I got some cute treat bags, too.

These ideas and pictures are GREAT!

I am having my sons bar mitzvah kiddish lunch at the temple and would love to make this myself -- those that did it at a catered affair, did u have the caterors just set up an empty table and u brought all the stuff and set it up yourself?

I am doing one for my son's wedding, and there is nothing "budget" about it. I did a "dry" run the other day. Here are some pictures. My son proposed on the beach and had a plane fly over with a banner asking his girlfriend to marry him. I decided to incorporate that in the candy buffet. Now, you have to image these pictures with an sparkly tablecloth and I also have a silver Whirly Pop Stand that was not finished when I took these pictures. Those white balls light up and change colors, so we will be scattering them over the table. Let's see if I can remember how to post.

candybuffet001.jpg

candybuffet002.jpg

This was my practice one before the wedding. She loved it!

042.jpg

035.jpg

Went to a father/daughter dance at our church recently and they had a candy buffet. It was all themed in pink, set up in different containers that didn't cost much, and everyone was given a little drawstring bag to fill up. Everyone also had a wristband that they marked once you got to the head of the line, if that is needed. Everything went smoothly and the candy was yummy!

I am doing one for my son's wedding, and there is nothing "budget" about it. I did a "dry" run the other day. Here are some pictures. My son proposed on the beach and had a plane fly over with a banner asking his girlfriend to marry him. I decided to incorporate that in the candy buffet. Now, you have to image these pictures with an sparkly tablecloth and I also have a silver Whirly Pop Stand that was not finished when I took these pictures. Those white balls light up and change colors, so we will be scattering them over the table. Let's see if I can remember how to post.
This looks great so far. I LOVE the theme. The airplane was the first thing i noticed. How nice!

These ideas and pictures are GREAT!

I am having my sons bar mitzvah kiddish lunch at the temple and would love to make this myself -- those that did it at a catered affair, did u have the caterors just set up an empty table and u brought all the stuff and set it up yourself?
The restaruant we had my dd's grade school graduation party at put the table up and I set up the candy buffet they offered to do it but I referred to do it myself:)

candybuffet001.jpg

Looking good :)
candybuffet002.jpg

This was my practice one before the wedding. She loved it!

042.jpg

035.jpg

Love it so cute :)

The loose candy that used scoops wasn't as popular. I think that kids had trouble using the scoops in the containers. With the wrapped stuff they could just grab some.

That's likely because the vases/jars you used were tall and narrow. It makes it hard to scoop things out when the level goes down some. Anything that needs a scoop should be put in a flatter, wider container so the candy is easily accessible the whole time.

Loved all the pics. I will be doing the candy buffett for my daughter's graduation party next week :)

My son's grad party is finally over. 189 people and tons of fun!! The candy buffet was a HUGE success ... most popular were satellite wafers, candy necklaces and candy "sticks" (aka...for the non-PC...candy cigarettes) And the adults were more excited than the kids!

candybuffet.jpg

candybuffet2.jpg

candybuffet3.jpg

My son's grad party is finally over. 189 people and tons of fun!! The candy buffet was a HUGE success ... most popular were satellite wafers, candy necklaces and candy "sticks" (aka...for the non-PC...candy cigarettes) And the adults were more excited than the kids!

candybuffet.jpg

candybuffet2.jpg

candybuffet3.jpg

Great pics!!! Love it!!:thumbsup2

I wish I'd taken more pictures, but here are two from my son's grad party June 9th. I didn't go all out. I had mini candy bars/Reese's, pixie sticks, giant pixie sticks, nerds, smarties, tootsie rolls, dum-dums, double bubble gum, swedish fish and several containers of jelly beans, sorted into coordinating colors. everyone really enjoyed it. I had a basket with treat bags at the front and a sign on a stand that said:

"Grab a bag and take what you like---Leave some for others; be polite; And as you enjoy your bag full of treats---Please remember....---LIFE IS SWEET!"

I printed out the names of each candy on card stock and then made them into little tents to stand in front. If there was a restriction, I printed it underneath the name in small letters. I put "Limit 1, please" on the giant pixie sticks and "Please use scoop" on candy that wasn't wrapped.

I got the jars/bowl everywhere from the thrift shop to the dollar tree to friends and found perfect scoops at the dollar tree.

grad13.jpg
grad15.jpg

This is my DD's candy buffet for her graduation party on Saturday, still have a few finishing touches to do.

I have no idea what I'm doing in regard to posting a picture. Sorry.

Dmcdld

This is my DD's candy buffet for her graduation party on Saturday, still have a few finishing touches to do.

I have no idea what I'm doing in regard to posting a picture. Sorry.

Dmcdld

Here you go...

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

The link you posted had these two pics. The way I posted them was to hover over the picture and then click on the box by the link for IMG code. It was change to COPIED and then you can come here and paste that right in your post. Paste by doing the CTRL-V together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter