CANDY BUFFET for my DD graduation party I NEED HELP..Please

Any new pictures out there????? DD grad party in a month....this candy buffet is stressing me out!!!

I got 2 glass candy jars from Mother's Day, so I got inspired to have a CANDY BUFFET for my son's 13th Birthday. Today I found several jars at Big Lots ranging from $2-$6. I also found some at the 99cents store. My sister got me another one at Marshalls. Tomorrow I am headed to the $Store.
For candy I have:
Reese's mini cups
Hershey Kisses
Jelly Beans
Double Bubble
Pixie Stix
Tootsie midgies
Smarties
M&M's
Skittles
Mint Swirlies

I am also getting Gummie Worms. But I need ideas to fill 3 LARGE glass jars. Any suggestions?

TIA!

Any updated pictures from this year? I'm doing it next week for my DD graduation and need some motivation. Thanks

I got 2 glass candy jars from Mother's Day, so I got inspired to have a CANDY BUFFET for my son's 13th Birthday. Today I found several jars at Big Lots ranging from $2-$6. I also found some at the 99cents store. My sister got me another one at Marshalls. Tomorrow I am headed to the $Store.

TIA!

Don't forget the Christmas Tree Shop. They have some that do NOT look like cheap glass trying to pass as elegant.

I am resurrecting this thread because it helped me so much when planning a candy buffet for my nieces Sweet 16. I wanted to post a picture because I'm so happy with how it turned out!!!
395566_345093878848218_100000428257731_1256763_1918440138_n.jpg

I purchased the glass wear at the Dollar store, AC Moore, Michaels (using 50% off coupons) and the jar holding the marshmellos was purchased at Marshall's for $10. The candy was purchased at Sam's Club, and Party City. I used glue dots to secure the ribbons around the glasswear and used stickers purchased at A C Moore to write the candy names on. Floral was purchased at A C Moore after Xmas sale and were all less than $1 each. The party was Phantom of the Opera/masquerade theme and her colors were black, white and red but she wanted certain candy so we couldn't keep to those 3 colors. It was a huge hit at the party and I can't wait to do another one!

I remember reading this thread awhile ago & I actually searched it a few months ago for some ideas. My son is graduating this year & I have already been buying stuff my our candy buffet! I did one last year for a 4th of July party & it was a HUGE hit! I'm lucky--our school colors are red & white so it will be very easy to find candy colors to match.

A little OT--but has anyone ever done or been to a taco bar for a graduation party? I'm trying to find ideas & photos (google doesn't have many). I would love to see photos, menus, etc...

I remember reading this thread awhile ago & I actually searched it a few months ago for some ideas. My son is graduating this year & I have already been buying stuff my our candy buffet! I did one last year for a 4th of July party & it was a HUGE hit! I'm lucky--our school colors are red & white so it will be very easy to find candy colors to match.

A little OT--but has anyone ever done or been to a taco bar for a graduation party? I'm trying to find ideas & photos (google doesn't have many). I would love to see photos, menus, etc...

I'm doing a taco bar (and a candy buffet)for my son's graduation party this year. I have a few taco bar pictures on my "Party Ideas" board at Pinterest.

http://pinterest.com/kdipiazz/party-ideas/

Hopefully this works--I'm "learning" how to finally post pics :) We just had family so I made it small enough for approx 15 people. I had SOOOOOOOOOO much candy left over....

36970_435563724121_570414121_5790479_6393500_n.jpg

36970_435563719121_570414121_5790478_5996450_n.jpg

36970_435563714121_570414121_5790477_4169305_n.jpg

36970_435563709121_570414121_5790476_2927304_n.jpg

36970_435563704121_570414121_5790475_4065714_n.jpg

Any new pictures out there????? DD grad party in a month....this candy buffet is stressing me out!!!

I dont know how to add pix, :confused3 pathetic I know

I wish I did....had such a great time making her a candy buffet (I was host for my nieces party) and the candy theme stuff too..

I'm doing a taco bar (and a candy buffet)for my son's graduation party this year. I have a few taco bar pictures on my "Party Ideas" board at Pinterest.

http://pinterest.com/kdipiazz/party-ideas/

Thanks for the link.....What are u having on your taco bar? Are you serving anything else besides tacos? I've been asking friends/family & most are saying we should have something besides the taco bar -- just in case some don't like tacos :confused3

Candy Buffet Containers--what did everyone use & how did you decorate the containers (grads name, photo, nothing, etc..)

Thanks for the info :)

Thanks for the link.....What are u having on your taco bar? Are you serving anything else besides tacos? I've been asking friends/family & most are saying we should have something besides the taco bar -- just in case some don't like tacos :confused3

Around here, grad parties are a HUGE deal akin to weddings. It's a good thing I like to cook! In addition to the candy buffet, cookie bar and cake, I am going to have 3 different entree stations:
1. Taco Bar - pork, chicken and beef. Hard shells, tortillas and tortilla bowls (in case someone wants a taco salad instead) + bags of Fritos and Doritos for "walking tacos", a nacho cheese fountain with tortilla chips and all the taco fixings (sour cream, gauc, salsa, cheese, olives, etc). Should be popular with the kids
2. Pasta Bar - pasta, meat sauce, marinara, alfredo. Plus meatballs, hot sausage, salad and bread. To satisfy all the old Italian in-laws.
3. All-American bar - fried chicken, coleslaw and fruit salad. For my side of the family, who will be horrified over the big to-do for a graduation.

Hopefully this works--I'm "learning" how to finally post pics :) We just had family so I made it small enough for approx 15 people. I had SOOOOOOOOOO much candy left over....

36970_435563724121_570414121_5790479_6393500_n.jpg

36970_435563719121_570414121_5790478_5996450_n.jpg

36970_435563714121_570414121_5790477_4169305_n.jpg

36970_435563709121_570414121_5790476_2927304_n.jpg

36970_435563704121_570414121_5790475_4065714_n.jpg

GREAT PIX, such Fun!
Would you mind sharing HOW to post pix.....:flower3: TIA I am so lost and would love to post some of our candy buffet

Around here, grad parties are a HUGE deal akin to weddings. It's a good thing I like to cook! In addition to the candy buffet, cookie bar and cake, I am going to have 3 different entree stations:
1. Taco Bar - pork, chicken and beef. Hard shells, tortillas and tortilla bowls (in case someone wants a taco salad instead) + bags of Fritos and Doritos for "walking tacos", a nacho cheese fountain with tortilla chips and all the taco fixings (sour cream, gauc, salsa, cheese, olives, etc). Should be popular with the kids
2. Pasta Bar - pasta, meat sauce, marinara, alfredo. Plus meatballs, hot sausage, salad and bread. To satisfy all the old Italian in-laws.
3. All-American bar - fried chicken, coleslaw and fruit salad. For my side of the family, who will be horrified over the big to-do for a graduation.

OH MY , sounds Amazing!!!!:banana:

I am doing a candy buffet for the 1st time for my daughters sweet 16 party the end of March. If I start buying candy on clearance after valentines will it still be ok a month later?

GREAT PIX, such Fun!
Would you mind sharing HOW to post pix.....:flower3: TIA I am so lost and would love to post some of our candy buffet

I googled directions :) I ended up creating a Photobucket account & uploaded a few pics there. After you select the pics you want to post all you need to do is copy & past them to a Dis post. It was MUCH easier then I expected.

Good Luck --can't wait to see your photos!

I googled directions :) I ended up creating a Photobucket account & uploaded a few pics there. After you select the pics you want to post all you need to do is copy & past them to a Dis post. It was MUCH easier then I expected.

Good Luck --can't wait to see your photos!

thanks....Ill try this later tonight...:flower3:

I like the chinese take out boxes for the kids to put candy in. Those of you that have used them......what size are you using?

I Love this thread I used it over 4 yrs ago for my DD's 8th grade graduation and then again for her Sweet Sixteen! Now in another week Im doing a small one for my son's 13th Birthday it's raceboat cake so were just kinda winging it with gummie sharks, chocolate coins because boats are thigs you sink money into LOL! Bubble Gum Half Dollars, Tootsie rolls, Sweidsh Fish, Penaut Chews, lemon heads and a few more! Then in June is the Big One DD's High School Graduation Candy Buffet !!! I need to start collecting Ideas now ! School Colors are Light Blue, Gold and white !! Anyone with idea for me have at it ! :)

OH MY , sounds Amazing!!!!:banana:

That sounds awesome our giving me some great ideas! I have DD's High School Graduation Party and Im debating restaurant or Hall! Or back yard with Tents ! Decisions, decisions :) Then to come up with the candy Buffet ideas LOL! :goodvibes

Bumping this up again :)

If anyone is looking for bulk candy I just ordered from Metrocandy.com-GREAT prices, HIGH shipping (almost $30 :eek: ) but ordering this way was still cheaper than Sam's club. They also offer 10% is you join their email club.

Also - Oriental Trading has FREE shipping today w/ no minimum order! I ordered some red & white graduation mints :) CODE: freefw51 :thumbsup2

Happy shopping !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter