Calling all Chicago DISers #3

I love grapefruit, so I'm very excited to have one every morning.

Every so often I sneak one. But I'm not supposed to eat them because I'm on statins (Zocor) for cholesterol.

Good Wednesday (hump day) Morning Chicagoland Homies !! :goodvibes

i think hersey took the eclair.
it happened in the library with the candlestick.......
she clobbered Col Mustard when he tried to swipe it off the fireplace ledge.

that's my story and i'm sticking with it......:snooty:

Good Wednesday (hump day) Morning Chicagoland Homies !! :goodvibes

that's my story and i'm sticking with it......:snooty:

Hmm...I thought she clobbered Sara Lee...wait...that's not a character in Clue!:rotfl2:

Just a quick stop by to say Good Morning everyone! :flower3:

have to run get an IT guy to fix the printer in our office.... again!!!!:eek:

Morning all!!
Mac, I LOL at your eclair stories. Glad to hear your diet plan is working so well.:rolleyes1 Now I don't feel so bad.
Paint, your trip is rolling in closer now. I do believe DD ballet trip will hit the skids. Too many talking lack of funds. I am waiting with baited breath to hear as I have a coupon code booklet and I will plot a holiday trip for 40% off if ballet is a no-go.
Slo, keep up the good diet/exercise plans. You give us all hope!!
Bunchkin, glad to hear from you again. You've been missed. Sorry Hunter was ill and that he had the nerve to pass it on. HOpe you will be on the mend soon. So sorry to hear Tony's mom is having to endure more chemo. I hope she will do well.
Hersey, shame on you for stealing Mac's eclair when she obviously took an eye off of it.:rolleyes1
Crissup, hope you are feeling better today and that your trip to work was painless without meds.
Welcome Smidgy. Do share your trip.
Momto1-enjoy your Mexican dinner. I love Mexican! Especially the Margaritas.:rolleyes1 :laughing:
ID, I sure hope your DH keeps his job. My DH is an IT help desk guy and every day I ask him if he is still employed. Such a worry.
geffric, howdy. How did the pancake weekend go?
Kids were off school yesterday and Monday. They went to day camp on Monday since I worked, and yesterday we went to the Legoland Discovery Center in Schaumberg and then to Woodfield Mall for lunch at the Rainforest. It was a fun day! We also got in a little Disney-went to DTD and kids traded pins with the CM there, then I made Mickey pancakes for breakfast today and put in my BeachClub scent into our scent machine. (now if only the sun would shine-I could pretend a little better then).
Well, off to jump in the shower and head to work for a meeting. And then to return to a little more.... :laundy:
Later

.....:snooty:

Hmm...I thought she clobbered Sara Lee...wait...that's not a character in Clue!:rotfl2:

HA HA HA :rotfl2: I haven't played CLUE in a while so I have nothing pithy to add but giggles..

Morning all -

bite your tongue. :laughing:
Sara Lee is a goddess.............she has great cakes that freeze well.
in fact, i have 2 of her cakes in my freezer now just screaming, "let me out, let me out"..............

i'm sure they will break out before their expiration date.

or if anyone is doing great on their diet, i'll send those cakes to you so you can celebrate and take the temptation out of my house.....

bite your tongue. :laughing:
Sara Lee is a goddess.............she has great cakes that freeze well.
in fact, i have 2 of her cakes in my freezer now just screaming, "let me out, let me out"..............

i'm sure they will break out before their expiration date.

a friend of sara lee.. i am awed:cake: :cake:

she is a close friend with breyers and thin mints.. did you ever wonder why the cookie is called thin mints when it's results are not!!

a friend of sara lee.. i am awed:cake: :cake:

she is a close friend with breyers and thin mints.. did you ever wonder why the cookie is called thin mints when it's results are not!!

Hello would you eat them if they were called make fat mints?

Mac If you eat the cakes frozen there is no calories. The mear act of freezing renders the calories useless.;) Do have my fingerprints? I am pretty sure I was wearing gloves so I wouldn't get caught:rolleyes1

Hi gang! All this talk of eclairs, Sara Lee, thin mints and breyers is making me so, so hungry! All I have at work is a bottle of water and some low fat pretzels crisps! Now at home...I have frango mints screaming to get out of my freezer.

Good luck to all who are dieting. Has anyone checked out the WISH board. They are doing a biggest loser challenge. I just signed up last Friday - better late than never. I have got to be held accountable for my actions.

Slo - I am glad that you like grapefruit. I was just talking about grapefruit over the weekend I haven't eaten a grapefruit in years because it was one of the limited fruits my mom ever bought and I ate is for breakfast forever. I don't think ds12 has ever had grapefruit. At least not while I was looking! I have been scarred for life!

Better get back to the grind.
Lori

I'm so glad it stopped snowing, because I have a delivery to make this morning, and I didn't want to do it in the snow (plus, it's a bit of a drive, and I don't like driving to far in inclement weather). It looks like we are going to have more snow tomorrow:guilty: It's time for this season to be over!!!!!

Crissup - I mentioned the price of these grapefruit to my mom, and she said the same thing as you. She said she hasn't had a grapefruit in years, because of this medication. I asked her if she can have oranges, and she said she can, just not the grapefruit - I wonder why???:confused:

DG - PRINTERS :headache: Don't even get me started about printers!!!!:headache: Can you tell mine makes my head hurt!!!!! My printer gives me no warning that it's out of ink, until it stops printing, which was yesterday. So Kevin and I had to go out in the crappy weather to buy ink so my printer could work. This, amoung other things, ticks me off about this printer!!!!! I hope you got yours to work yesterday.

Tiiiiiiiigern - How nice that you had a mom & children day - I love those days!!!:goodvibes There's something so special about spending time with your kids all day. I love it when Kevin comes too, but when he's not with, I can devote 100% of my attention to the kids, and they need that sometimes.

momto1 - I did the Biggest Loser Challenge on the WISH board last year ::yes:: I enjoyed it, but I haven't done it since, because I haven't had time to keep up with the thread. I would like to do it again someday. Good luck to you with this :wizard:

Mac, paint, geffric and HERSEY - :wave2:

Well, I'm off to eat my grapefruit, and get ready for work - we need to leave early today so I can make that delivery.
Have a good day everyone!!! :wave:

Okay.....I am so annoyed!!!!

The school called at 6:10am to inform us that there is a 2 hour delay:headache: I sure wish they would have called at their normal time, which is 5:30am, to let us know that because I would have stayed in bed. So, I guess I"m not making my delivery today, and I will have to go tomorrow morning - Katie will not be happy!!!!!:mad: She doesn't like driving to this location, so I always schedule delivery days on her daycare days, so I can drop her off at school before I go - she likes this. Oh well, she'll just have to deal with it.:rolleyes:

DG and Slo- Gotta' love printers. The ink is so expensive you can almost buy a new printer (which comes with ink) every time you have to buy ink. Also, mine won't let me print only in black if I am out of one of the colors. I don't need cyan to print black!
momto- Good luck on the diet. I have let 10 lbs.creep on over the past year. I like to think of it as the freshman 15 at age 32!:rotfl2:
hersey- Also, I think if you cut or break fattening stuff, all of the calories fall out. Am I right?
tig- Too bad about your trip! The holidays will be nice, though- I haven't been during that time of year for a long time! I like your WDW staycation, btw...Mickey panckaes, pin trading, etc!
gef and mac- Maybe they should change the name of food, like Thin Mints, to "You Really Shouldn't" of "Causes Love Handles." It's kind oflike how in NY they have to put the nutrition info on everything!

My sister called yesterday...she and my mom are joining us for the last few days of our WDW trip. I love going with my mom becasue we always went when I was little. Very nostalgic! I am thinking of going to Hoop De Doo because we always used to when we were little. Has anyone been recently? It's been 20 years for me!
Also, another one of my sisters is turning 21 this weekend, so I am going home to help celebrate. I bought her some funny stuff from Spencers, like a Miss 21 sash to wear. It shouldbe fun, but it make me feel old. I used to changer her diapers!
Well, better get going . Long day today. School all day then out to dinner tonight with dh and dcs. I hate making dinner after a long day!

Morning..

paintnolish - I have never been to Hoop de do.. but I would think that it is still fun.. Glad they are joining you on the WDW trip.

:scared1: a 21 year old sister.. that is cause for celebration..

MAC and Hersey - I have a calorie pig that i got years ago at a craft fair.. it eat all the calories out of things.. so I just wave it over the top of yummy stuff and poof the calories disappear..;)

Good Morning Everyone! :flower3: So I haven't decided last minute to join Michael on his trip back to Iowa this weekend. It will be nice to get away for 2 days but I'm sooooooooo not looking forward to the drive. It's roughly 6 hours in good weather.

Slo ~ We have so many problems with our printer in the office. :headache: It leaves crazy streaks all over the letter head, the manual feed sucks in 10-15 sheets of paper at a time and then gets jammed. The thing is probably as old as me (ok, maybe not but still). They've already replaced the rollers for the manual feed, the other roller thing on the inside, the drum twice, the fuser and a few other misc parts i can't remember the names of. Last week we found out that at the next budget meeting they are going to discuss getting us a new one b/c we have so many problems with it. :sad2:
Sorry to hear you won't be able to make your delivery today! I wonder why the school didn't call you earlier?

Paint ~ have fun with your sister on her bday!

good thursday morning chicagoland homies.......:goodvibes

when i buy ink, i also buy 2 of them.
that way if i run out, i don't have to leave the house for the mall during a rain or snow storm.......

am i smart or what.......btw, don't answer that...

celebrating your sis's 21 bd!
you will have fun.

slo, how much snow did you receive?
i know on one of my medicines insert, it states, no grapefruit while on this medication. i think it somehow counteracts with the ingredients in the pill.

i need geffric's pig............

My sister called yesterday...she and my mom are joining us for the last few days of our WDW trip. I love going with my mom becasue we always went when I was little. Very nostalgic! I am thinking of going to Hoop De Doo because we always used to when we were little. Has anyone been recently? It's been 20 years for me!

I went last October with my parents. (They had never been.) I love it! :thumbsup2

Hi gang! Will spring ever be here? I walked again with my co-workers yesterday. Boy, is my right leg sore. I don't know if it is from walking or from some new shoes. I also just realized the ds doesn't have school 1/2 day on Monday and all day on Tuesday for parent-teacher conferences. I think I just might have to take Tuesday off and do something fun with him.

Printers - I let dh deal with the ink issues. I hate paying for the ink, though!

Paint - Never been to Hoop-Dee-Doo but it is on my list of things to do. It sounds like you will have a great time. Have fun celebrating your sisters bday!

Slo - I was wondering about your drive to work today when I heard how icy parts of IN were.

Hi to everyone else. I hope your day is going good!
Lori

i forgot the question about hoop de doo.

i have been to it 3 different times over the years.
the last time i went was in 05.

it was the same show each time we took it in and loved it every time we saw it.

now they have the tiers. it cost more to be up close to the stage.
if you are on the ddp, it takes 2 ts credits and you will be seated more than likely upstairs.

they have 3 dining times.
once we did the late show, the other 2 we did the middle time period show.

the only thing that we didn't care about was how to get to fort wilderness for the hoop de doo. it took us an hour to get there when we went by bus.

we had rented a car on one of the trips and it was a lot quicker and easier to get there by car for us.

it is a dinner show that i would enjoy doing once every 4 years.
it's strictly family style food and entertainment.
very lively the entire time.

Crissup - I mentioned the price of these grapefruit to my mom, and she said the same thing as you. She said she hasn't had a grapefruit in years, because of this medication. I asked her if she can have oranges, and she said she can, just not the grapefruit - I wonder why???

There's a chemical in the grapefruit that amplifies the effect of the statins. As a result, it can have the result of taking way more than you should. Starfruit have the same chemical.

From Wikipedia...
Grapefruit can have a number of interactions with drugs, often increasing the effective potency of compounds. Grapefruit contains naringin, bergamottin and dihydroxybergamottin, which inhibit the protein isoform CYP3A4 predominately in the liver. It is via inhibition of this enzyme that grapefruit increases the effects of a variety of drugs. The effect of grapefruit juice with regard to drug absorption was originally discovered in 1989. However, the effect became well-publicized after being responsible for a number of deaths due to overdosing on medication.

Grapefruit juice may be the first documented, but apple and orange juices have been also implicated in interfering with etoposide, a chemotherapy drug, some beta blocker drugs used to treat high blood pressure, and cyclosporine, taken by transplant patients to prevent rejection of their new organs.

when i buy ink, i also buy 2 of them.
that way if i run out, i don't have to leave the house for the mall during a rain or snow storm.......

What happens when the second one runs out? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter