But Mama ~ it can't be halloween yet! We haven't gone ToTing at Disney World!

Suellen

DIS Veteran
The title: Two weeks ago our grocery stores put out the halloween candy. DD(5) Mimi says to me "Mama, is that halloween candy" "Yes Mimi it is" "But Mama it can't be halloween yet! We haven't been trick or treating at Disney World yet!" :rotfl:

How spoiled is she?
About Us

Well first there is me. My name is Suze ~ but my husband calls me "Pie-Pie-Dipopelo" so if you hear that in the parks it is most likely me.... I am guessing that this is not a common nickname! :lmao: I am 36 and have been going to Disney World yearly for the last 36 years ~ my first visit was at 6 months old! My parents put me and my brother in the station wagon (sleeping in the back with the seats down no doubt) and drove the 1500 miles to WDW! Adventurous people my parents! As I said I was 6 months old and my DB was 3.5 years old. They drove to WDW and CAMPED at Fort Wilderness.

Our yearly trips were ALWAYS off property because in those days it was far too expensive to stay on site with only CR and Poly available. We also used to go for a week and spend at couple days at MK and then Sea World, Busch Gardens and sometimes Cypress Gardens. We would also have a meal at King Henry's Feast (so sad they closed) but beyond that we would usually eat off site as well.

DH: let's just say much younger than me. :rotfl: He "thought" he hadn't been to WDW until we were at the movies seeing PoC and he said "Hey they took that from a ride!" We confirmed with his parents he had been once at about 3 or 4 years old (he is one of six kids so who can really keep track?). He is a hotel s-n-o-b! He prefers 5 star hotels and was less than impressed with the motel feel of the values and moderates. He was even more indignant that the moderate resorts cost more for basically no extra "perks". He has dreamed of being a DVC member since he first learned of it. As a matter of fact we toured three times before purchasing. We are now proud owners of 200 BLT points. He finally won!

DD(5) Mimi: Mimi and I are a LOT alike. She loves WDW and was only an 8 week old embryo on her first trip to WDW. She loves to tell everyone the number of times she has been to WDW. I am thinking (just a guess here without counting) 11 times in 5 years. She LOVES thrill rides and is tall for her age. Tower of Terror was her favorite ride from age 3-5 with Space Mountain taking the lead on the last trip. Then she is also a little girl too and LOVES Peter Pan and IASW.

DD(3) ZZ: She would love to be a brave girl like her big sissa and has been talking about riding ToT for as long as I can remember! She will be tall enough this trip so we shall see. She is cute and gets ALL the attention in the World at Disney ~ strangers, cast members, grandmas, college aged boys, I SWEAR no one is immune to the charm of this child. She is the biggest TERROR ever. She is mean and feisty and loving and cuddly all at the same time. She is a lying factory right now ~ which I am at my wits end with. I see her with a crayon coloring on my wall and she says "I didn't do it" and WILL not admit it EVER. Stubborn at all get out!

So that's all for the cast of the trip! I'll post some pictures of our clan!

all of us with mom too ~ last year in March:

Image002.jpg

Mimi in January (she loves Epcot more than anything!)
IMG_7258.JPG

Me and the girls in Epcot with Baloo:

IMG_7273.JPG

Zoe with the smile that stops people:
IMG_7304.JPG

the girls and I went alone in January and here there are enjoying cake and milk before bed I *think* at WL.
IMG_7248.JPG

After she BBB'd:
IMG_7360.JPG

Okay I think that is all for tonight!!

Hope to get some followers! We post LIVE from the parks via iphone!

So we are staying at AKV ~ the girls and I stayed there for a few days in either January or February (sad I can't remember? I am!) Then we stayed there for a week over Fourth of July. DH fell completely in LOVE with it and is stoked to be going back.

We love the location even surprisingly enough it didn't seem that far to anything. Of course we had a car so that totally makes a difference.

The girls loved looking out at the animals in the morning when the woke up and would race to the balcony to see "who" was out!

We are most likely going to add Quick Service dining which we have found to be a huge convenience if not a money saver (though I do think we saved some money too!)

Only 8 SLEEPS to go!!

Okay here we are just one week out!!! Only SEVEN sleeps to go and we will be heading to Florida!! NO idea where we are staying next Saturday night ~ but that is the fun of our "no plans" itinerary.

I'll be journaling here from the parks ~ especially how we stretched our dining plan to cover all meals while we are there.

Our goal is to spend no extra money on food. Just the QSDP and a run to SuperTarget for quick items in the room.

Cool, it looks like I am your first follower! I only just saw your PTR link in your siggie on another thread. Your girls are gorgeous :flower3: I love reading trip reports (pre or post). So you have yourself an audience. :goodvibes

Cool, it looks like I am your first follower! I only just saw your PTR link in your siggie on another thread. Your girls are gorgeous :flower3: I love reading trip reports (pre or post). So you have yourself an audience. :goodvibes

Yeah!! I do good posting live from the park ;) So pay special attention starting on late afternoon Saturday! Our flight lands in Fort Lauderdale at 2:00 and we are renting a car to drive up to Orlando.

It was WAY cheaper. We only paid $222.00 for a nonstop round trip flight for all four of us!! Renting the car was about $156.00 and we are using DVC points for our room.

Pretty cheap week for us!

QSDP for us costs: $84/day ~ once I subtract out our mugs it is only $74.00/day.

We will usually share meals and only buy three at each meal and share between the four of us ~ making it so we can get two adult platters for breakfast and share those. Last trip we drove down so we saved all the extras and ate breakfast in the room.

At the end of the trip we went and used all left over meals at Earl of Sandwich and all snacks at Goofy's Candy Co.

We FILLED our cooler with sandwiches and drinks and chips and fruit cups and then also had snacks all the way home for the girls. It was VERY economical for us.

This time we don't want the extra meals at the end so we will use them for breakfast. :)

Ooh, 5 more sleeps! You must be so conscious of time right now. What night are you doing the Halloween party? I didn't see in your post, but just assumed you are going to one. I am having a big dilemma as to whether or not to get tickets. I have never been as we have never been at this time of the year before.

I like your idea of using your extra meals for breakfasts. I have had to plan to do that too as we just don't get through all that food. :eek:

Are you all packed? I'll bet the girls are asking every hour how long to go before you get there ;)

Five more sleeps!! Woot! Woot!

We have so much going on with school starting just last Friday and Kindergarten to boot. The girls haven't really been talking about it. Though the do occasionally ask when it will be time. I haven't packed ANYTHING yet! LOL! Though their "vacation clothes" are still in the suitcase (clean) from our trip in July.

Are you doing quick service dining too?

Oh I DEFINITELY recommend the halloween party!! We had such a blast! We are going on the 21st (tuesday).

We got SOO much candy last year!! We rode ALL the rides with no lines at ALL!

These were all taken with my iPhone ~ so the quality isn't great.

I did my own BBB on the girls!
Iphone%20088.jpg

Iphone%20180.jpg

Zoe with shoes on wrong! She was cranky all night so we called her Stinkerbell!
Iphone%20022.jpg

Mimi:
Iphone%20216.jpg

My favorite Z picture EVER:

Iphone%20130.jpg

Mimi and her haul:
Iphone%20027.jpg

Closer shot:
Iphone%20196.jpg

You did a great job with your BBB on the girls! They are so pretty! :flower3: I didn't think of doing that. I could bring the Tiara my daughter wore to a wedding as a flower girl. Hmm, that's a really good idea.

I see you are doing a Tuesday night. I just looked at our itinerary and over 15 days there is only one Tuesday night while we are there. I heard Tuesday is a better night to go. However that Tuesday we have a House of Blues dinner ressie. We really want to eat there. I wonder if I will be able to change it :confused: Do you think a Thursday would be much busier?

It's really easy to do! Then you can also swing by BBB and ask for some pixie dust! I also bought (brought from last time, can't remember) the face jewels.

;) I got those kits at Target for $5.00 they had the tiara, two hair clips, and the scrunchie like thing.

It's really easy to do! Then you can also swing by BBB and ask for some pixie dust! I also bought (brought from last time, can't remember) the face jewels.

;) I got those kits at Target for $5.00 they had the tiara, two hair clips, and the scrunchie like thing.

But you got the hair all perfect! My daugher has long, thick, curly hair. I think I might need more than pixie dust :rotfl:

I forgot to add, I can't believe how much candy you looted!!! My DD would MAKE me take her just for the candy. Do you manage to stay through to the end of the party and let the girls nap in the stroller or do you just call it a night when you feel it's time to go?

We bought at BLT as well in May of 2009 and our first visit will be in just under 3 weeks.

I can't wait to read your live trip report especially about MNSSHP. I want to do this but DH isn't too interested although I am hoping that he will change his mind.

Your daughters are adorable.

Has she been before? When I took the girls I watched really careful to make sure I knew how to do it!!

They comb it all up on the top of the head. Put an elastic band in like a top pony. Then put two more ponytail holders (I buy the clear ones) then roll it down from the top so the last section between pony holders poofs out. Tons of bobby pins and then I wrapped it with the scrunchie. I have actually gotten MUCH better at it. My DD loves the bun and asks almost every day!

You can see it pretty good in this picture:

IMG_7676.jpg

She has pretty long hair too. I wouldn't say curly but it is very wavy in the back and it is thin but she has a ton!

I forgot to add, I can't believe how much candy you looted!!! My DD would MAKE me take her just for the candy. Do you manage to stay through to the end of the party and let the girls nap in the stroller or do you just call it a night when you feel it's time to go?

The first year when DD was only 2 we made it until about 11:45 or so. We didn't get to do nearly everything. We were newbies and didn't know what to expect. We were like oh look a parade! :rotfl: DD1 was Dorothy and DD2 was a Green M&M.

Sick of pictures yet?

Disney092007161.JPG

Disney092007165.JPG

In the end:
Disney092007233.JPG

We bought at BLT as well in May of 2009 and our first visit will be in just under 3 weeks.

I can't wait to read your live trip report especially about MNSSHP. I want to do this but DH isn't too interested although I am hoping that he will change his mind.

Your daughters are adorable.

Thank you!! We LOVE MNSSHP! Can't wait to go! Are you staying at BLT? We weren't able to get a ressie there until May :( In the meantime DH has fallen in love with Animal Kingdom Villas.

Quick question for Suellen:

Are you going to journal from Disney on this thread or do I need to keep an eye out for another one? I don't want to miss it :yay:

I'll most likely do it here! I'll book mark it on my iPhone and I then I can easily pull it up and jot off a quick update while waiting for whatever (food, ride line, potty breaks, snack breaks etc...)

First of all let me say your family is beautiful. Your girls are adorable! Nothing makes me happier than reading about how families bond and enjoy their time together at WDW! (not that it doesn't happen at home too!) Its definitely me and my boyfriend's Laughing Place! lol!
We also love Animal Kingdom, but are looking to try all the resorts at some point! Can't wait to hear all about the Halloween Party as we are looking to go next year!
Have fun!

First of all let me say your family is beautiful. Your girls are adorable! Nothing makes me happier than reading about how families bond and enjoy their time together at WDW! (not that it doesn't happen at home too!) Its definitely me and my boyfriend's Laughing Place! lol!
We also love Animal Kingdom, but are looking to try all the resorts at some point! Can't wait to hear all about the Halloween Party as we are looking to go next year!
Have fun!

Thank you for your kind words!! :) You will have a blast at the party!

I'll follow along :goodvibes We arrive at the Poly on Tuesday, so you can help get me excited for my 3...2...1...sleeps :cool1:

I always mean to do trip reports and never do. Maybe this year! I plan on at least tweeting from the parks, but with so much going on, we'll see if I actually do... I have not packed a thing yet - except the usual Disney stuff that always stays in the suitcase.

Have a magical time!!! :tinker:

Oh, and your daughters are soooo cute!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter