Bring the tardis to epcot

I'd love a Dr Who or BBC Science Fiction themed park. You could travel anywhere in time and space in the Tardis, evolve into a cat with Red Dwarf and fight off alien invasions with Captain Jack Harkness.

There's some kind of doctor who experience thingie in Cardiff I believe

I'd love a Dr Who or BBC Science Fiction themed park. You could travel anywhere in time and space in the Tardis, evolve into a cat with Red Dwarf and fight off alien invasions with Captain Jack Harkness.

You would have to round it off with some Hitchhikers Guide to have at least a fighting chance for any US non British sci fi fanboy to know what you were talking about.

There's some kind of doctor who experience thingie in Cardiff I believe

Yep, opened up last month, at the "New" BBC studios. It seems to be an amalgamation of the "Doctor Who Experience" that was in London last year and the original Doctor Who exhibition that was a few hundred yards away in the Red Dragon Center.

About half a day long for the real fanboys especially if you take in the torchwood step and Ianto's shrine.

A British TV theme park would be fun, but licencing again an issue, but outside of UK are there really enough fans out there to make it viable... I don't think so.

OK when you posted wasn't sure what you exactly wanted in UK but as other have posted, its someone else's intellectual property and I don't see Disney just buying rights just for a photo OP.

And then of course there is the fact that for 98% of the US popluation they would say Dr. Who? :confused3 :rotfl:

Well first the times I've been to Disney there's lots of British tourists there so they would definitely know doctor who

Second I don't think it would cost Disney that much to put up blue police box and sell some t-shirts

1. Well first the times I've been to Disney there's lots of British tourists there so they would definitely know doctor who

2. Second I don't think it would cost Disney that much to put up blue police box and sell some t-shirts

1. But why? They don't it need to attract British Tourists.

2. It could cost them millions. Look up the above mentioned term called called Intellectual Property or IP. Even though its "just a blue police box" and we are just selling some T-shirts, Disney is not that stupid. And again not necessary.

It's the connotations. A police box in British culture is no longer just a police box.when you see it you now you think tardis. So I'm with chartle it's an ip issue Disney won't want to mess with

I'd be ok with some dr. who merch at the very least!!! But I agree there needs to be a Tardis at England in the Pavilion

I'm more of a Hitchiker's fan myself. Maybe they could replace the Rose & Crown with the Restaurant at the End of the Universe... :rotfl2:

Jim

I'd be ok with some dr. who merch at the very least!!! But I agree there needs to be a Tardis at England in the Pavilion

Please read the post a few above yours about Intellectual Property.

You would have to round it off with some Hitchhikers Guide to have at least a fighting chance for any US non British sci fi fanboy to know what you were talking about.

Actually, The Doctor is pretty darn big with more then sci fi fanboys these days. Now, I don't think it is that big with most of the Disney demographic, but on college campuses it has a wide following.

If the TARDIS is placed in EPCOT it'll be a constant disappearing act because some sassy young tart will always be wandering inside and heading off on adventures with a guy in a fez and a bowtie.

Now, if it was David Tennant's Doctor Who I would be in that dang call box in a heartbeat!

Well ive read in several places online that there may already be some doctor who merchandise in the UK pavilion - I will check that since I'll be at Disney in about 2 months

I'll be there in 3 weeks and will definitely check it out and report back. We love Dr. Who! :thumbsup2

Well ive read in several places online that there may already be some doctor who merchandise in the UK pavilion - I will check that since I'll be at Disney in about 2 months

There isn't any. My friend and I checked in July when we were busy coloring Dr. Who Themed Duffys on a Stick.

Please read the post a few above yours about Intellectual Property.

Actually, The Doctor is pretty darn big with more then sci fi fanboys these days. Now, I don't think it is that big with most of the Disney demographic, but on college campuses it has a wide following.

Now, if it was David Tennant's Doctor Who I would be in that dang call box in a heartbeat!

Ok, you get points for liking the 10th doctor!

I think there are a lot of fans of Disney who are fans of Dr. Who...I am not quite sure what the Disney key demographic is. I know I was picked once for a market research thing at Epcot and all of the women picked were like suburban Disney moms who wanted to talk about scrap booking and Princesses and then there was another guy and me who wanted to talk about Frank and Ollie and Oswald (lol, the woman running the thing spoke with me and the other guy the most!). There are a lot of different Disney fans...I do not really "fit in" on the Disboards but I have been on here since 2004ish, so I check in weekly...but I just think there are lots of different Disney fans. I like Walt Disney and the old animated films, but I also like the parks, but I could care less about fast pass rules and ADRs, I just go and have fun....but if that is what people like, that is cool in my books, but whatever. I am the one who thinks they should add on to the castle at Disneyland since it is so small...Walt wanted it bigger but ran out of money, but if I said that around some Disney fans, I'd be run out of Tomorrowland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter