Bring the tardis to epcot

1. But why? They don't it need to attract British Tourists.

2. It could cost them millions. Look up the above mentioned term called called Intellectual Property or IP. Even though its "just a blue police box" and we are just selling some T-shirts, Disney is not that stupid. And again not necessary.

the Police Box is actually now copyrighted to BBC. Even though it was a real item from history, it was deemed appropriate for the BBC to own it.

Love this thread!!! We've been faithful watchers of the newer seasons and our DD 10 has been watching it with us for a few years. Whenever she has a friend for a sleepover, she usually makes them watch an episode or two. Typically said friend has NO idea what it's all about. And almost 100% of the time, she converts them. :) It's so nice to have a show like that and not have to worry about much language, naughty stuff and even the violence is not that intense!

Would be so rad if merch appeared in UK but won't hold my breath!!

I know there are like 80 years of episodes. If I wanted to start watching the show, how far back do I have to go. Keep in mind I'm 50 and only have so many years left. :goodvibes

I know there are like 80 years of episodes. If I wanted to start watching the show, how far back do I have to go. Keep in mind I'm 50 and only have so many years left. :goodvibes

The first episode aired in 1963. My parents watched it as young teens so of course, I was brought up on it and we still watch it now. However, one thing to note: the episodes on Netflix are complete. The episodes on TV (BBC America) are slightly cut to accommodate that there are more commercials over here :)

If you've never watched doctor who before I would recommend starting with the reboot starting with the 9th doctor and rose as the companion

Guys, there is a TARDIS in the UK, problem is there's always Silence taking pictures with it a- er...

...what was I talking about? Yeah, there should be a TARDIS in the UK

Start with the 2005 relaunch. It maintains the history of the previous incarnations but it's not bogged down in it so it's a great jumping on point.

The episodes can be streamed on Netflix if you have it.

There are 4 specials that take place between Series (season) 4 and 5. They are listed separately from the regular episodes on Netflix so you'll have to jump back and forth in your Netflix queue.

So you would watch:

Series 1-4
The Next Doctor
Planet of the Dead
Waters of Mars
End of Time
Series 5 & 6

If you've never watched doctor who before I would recommend starting with the reboot starting with the 9th doctor and rose as the companion

Start with the 5th incarnation of the Doctor.

Start with the 2005 relaunch. It maintains the history of the previous incarnations but it's not bogged down in it so it's a great jumping on point.

The episodes can be streamed on Netflix if you have it.

There are 4 specials that take place between Series (season) 4 and 5. They are listed separately from the regular episodes on Netflix so you'll have to jump back and forth in your Netflix queue.

So you would watch:

Series 1-4
The Next Doctor
Planet of the Dead
Waters of Mars
End of Time
Series 5 & 6

This sounds harder than planning a WDW vacation. :rotfl:

And yes I have Netflix Dr Who may even be in my queue.

Nooooo you have to start with Tom Baker! Did you know he was a Roman Catholic monk living in a monastery before he became an actor - little bit of trivia there for ya :)

Why not start from the very beginning (a very good place to start)?

Here's a helpful guide that I used to introduce myself to Dr. Who: http://www.avclub.com/articles/doctor-who,39924/

At the bottom they've got a good list of episodes to start with ("The Essentials"). About half are available on Netflix streaming (as are all of the reboot episodes).

Big Doctor Who fan here, from way back in the Tom Baker era. I always check the UK stores for Who merchandise to no avail. However, I did pick up two Who shirts at US in April, a TARDIS, and an Angels Have the Police Box. By the way, I own my own TARDIS, a blue RAV4 with TARDIS license plates.:)

To put a Police Box rather than a TARDIS in UK would not really make much sense. A red telephone box is a British icon, Alice, Pooh, Fish & Chips are all British Icons, a Police Box isn't.

As an example, during the recent Olympics, we Brits crammed as many British icons in the opening and closing ceremony as we possibly could. Did you see a Police Box? I am in my 40's and as a child I only knew what one was via Doctor Who. I don't think they existed much past the 1960's.

My point is, if it was a cultural icon as a Police Box there would be no issue. It isn't so the only reason for them to do it would be to cash in on someones intellectual property, which it isn't likely to do because if Disney put a Blue British Police Box ANYWHERE on property, the BBC would sue for as much as it could in the same way Disney would sue the BBC if Mickey and Minnie featured in Doctor Who.

And of course they would need to make sure the windows were the wrong size...

I think its pointless. Dr Who is very popular in the UK but in WDW many will not be interested. I really think putting in a Tardis/ police box will be a bad use of money since it will appeal to a small minority.
I think there are better things to be represented in the pavilion. A Tardis wouldn't fit in with the quaint buildings IMHO. I am British and Dr Who doesn't bother me at all. I certainly wouldn't be bothered about it coming to Epcot.
I think it's a great idea for some place in the UK where there is enough following for it to be a success :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter