• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Bring the tardis to epcot

I think its pointless. Dr Who is very popular in the UK but in WDW many will not be interested. I really think putting in a Tardis/ police box will be a bad use of money since it will appeal to a small minority.
I think there are better things to be represented in the pavilion. A Tardis wouldn't fit in with the quaint buildings IMHO. I am British and Dr Who doesn't bother me at all. I certainly wouldn't be bothered about it coming to Epcot.
I think it's a great idea for some place in the UK where there is enough following for it to be a success :)

The only way it would make sense for Disney to pay for rights to the TARDIS would be for Disney also to develop some sort of Doctor Who ride, but I'm not sure what that would even be. Maybe evading Daleks, Cybermen, Weeping Angels and some Vashta Nerada.

Bearybear said:
The only way it would make sense for Disney to pay for rights to the TARDIS would be for Disney also to develop some sort of Doctor Who ride, but I'm not sure what that would even be. Maybe evading Daleks, Cybermen, Weeping Angels and some Vashta Nerada.

Exactly- and to be honest, Dr Who isn't well known enough globally for Disney to make a ride on. You need the majority of people to know what Dr Who is for it to be a popular successful ride or it loses appeal.
For example- Star Tours is a great choice because Star Wars is extremely well known worldwide. If it wasn't, the novelty wouldn't be there for people riding it.

Well, that's what happens to me. When I'm tardi for rope drop at the MK, I go to Epcot...

That "experience" already exists, and it is in Cardiff, Wales, UK. Next door to the BBC studios they make the show in.

I know you can take what cast members say with a grain of salt, but whrn we were there in August, DDasked if they would ever sell any Dr Who stuff in the UK Pavillion, they girls said she thought they would be getting some items in this fall. So we'll see.

I know you can take what cast members say with a grain of salt, but whrn we were there in August, DDasked if they would ever sell any Dr Who stuff in the UK Pavillion, they girls said she thought they would be getting some items in this fall. So we'll see.

I would be very surprised. After seeing tons of Dr. Who stuff at the NBC Studio Store in NYC and some at US, it looks to me like NBC Universal owns the rights to the show and its merchandise.

ya know, you can find dr who merchandise in just about any comic book store...toys, legos, shirts etc.

To my kids, England is all about Dr. Who :rotfl:. They would flip over Dr. Who merchandise at Epcot. Yes, we can order it and occasionally even find it in a store, they would still spend a good chunk of their vacation money at Epcot if they could buy it there. We would love a TARDIS at the England pavillion. I probably would never make it all the way around the WS though :goodvibes.

ya know, you can find dr who merchandise in just about any comic book store...toys, legos, shirts etc.

This why we do very little shopping in the WS its not Disney stuff. I go into the Japaneese store and go back to the food section and I can find a lot of the stuff in the Asian section of my Giant Eagle.

Oh and this is not a Giant Eagle in an area with any kind of large Asian Population around it.

This why we do very little shopping in the WS its not Disney stuff. I go into the Japaneese store and go back to the food section and I can find a lot of the stuff in the Asian section of my Giant Eagle.

Oh and this is not a Giant Eagle in an area with any kind of large Asian Population around it.

I always find unique items in Epcot. I love Disney stuff, but its nice to find a few different things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter