Breaking NEWS PHOTO SESSIONS!!!!!! :-)

Does anyone have a pic or two from one of these sessions that they could share? This sounds like a terrific idea, but I would love to see a couple of the pics from the GF.

Thanks!!

Ok, I will have to try Walgreens when we get home from our trip then. I asked my DH last night and he said I could just use his souvenir money b/c he doesn't want any. He would rather have the pics of our boys. Now I just have to decide if it's going to be a full family shoot or just the boys. Right now I'm leaning towards just the boys.

OK, just remember you asked!! :lmao:

Here are some photos from our GF Photo Session. Remember I have cropped the photos close but you can crop vertical/horizontal, close or not to get the perfect photo for you. You can add a variety of effects (just like in regular photopass). I usually took the original photo, cropped it several ways, then saved them all, then made a duplicate with some of the effects (tink, Mickey, etc). So this way I have a great Disney souvenir but we could also use the photos w/o the effects for family cards, photos for our walls, etc).

I recommend doing kids, parents and family together. It's really only 20 minutes and goes by so quickly that even my 2 year old made it through.

On the beach, near the sand dunes (it was windy!), with added effects
118_118_118.jpg

On the beach in a hammock, with effects
116_116_116.jpg

Outside in the gardens
131_131_131.jpg

In the rose garden:
125_125_125.jpg

Inside the lobby:
167_167_167.jpg

163_163_163.jpg

179_179_179.jpg

Inside the lobby with added effect:
152_152_152.jpg

Sometimes they don't always get it right -- note the shadows and darkness -- remember they are not really photographers, many just have an interest in photography.
146_146_146.jpg

Oh, great pictures!!! Thanks for sharing them!

SO...let me ask this....
Our friends are going to be there at the same time we are. We are planning on going together to pre order the photopass CD, then combining our cards and ordering after we get home. If we both want to do this photo shoot with our families, will we each have to pay only the $25, and still combine everything onto one later?
(Wow, does that make any sense?)

I am really excited about this! Wish I would have known about it last year!!

EDITED TO ADD:
Okay, now that I am thinking this thru and reading more...If you already have a photopass card from the parks, do the GF photogs just add these pics to your existing card? Its not a seperate card, neccesarily, right? Am I thinking straight here? Thanks!

Oh, great pictures!!! Thanks for sharing them!

SO...let me ask this....
Our friends are going to be there at the same time we are. We are planning on going together to pre order the photopass CD, then combining our cards and ordering after we get home. If we both want to do this photo shoot with our families, will we each have to pay only the $25, and still combine everything onto one later?
(Wow, does that make any sense?)

I am really excited about this! Wish I would have known about it last year!!

Hopefully someone else can help with that...but unless they changed the policy, if you pre-purchase the PhotoPass CD then you get the GF photo session for FREE. I just had to show them my receipt (actually, not even that, they just asked if I bought it and I said yes and then they added it to my existing photopass cards).

I suppose you could have both families go together to save money but then you'll probably only have 10 minutes each. Or one family gets it free and the other family has to pay?

Remember if you want a picture of both families together, then you will all need to be there at one time.

I'm sure someone else can enlighten me if I've mis-spoken.

About how long did the photo session take?

The actual session takes about 20 minutes but they ask you to arrive early to prepare and stay a bit afterwards to make sure you all got some good pictures. So plan on at least 40 minutes.

We arrived about 25 minutes early, went to the restrooms to change, comb hair, put on makeup, etc and stayed about 5 minutes afterwards viewing our photos and having them transferred to our existing photopass card.

EDITED TO ADD:
Okay, now that I am thinking this thru and reading more...If you already have a photopass card from the parks, do the GF photogs just add these pics to your existing card? Its not a seperate card, neccesarily, right? Am I thinking straight here? Thanks!

Correct! They can just add the GF photos to your existing card(s).

We are going with our best friends in Sept and will want to do this shoot with them and also have some shots of just our family, some of all of the kids together, etc. Anyone have experience with this? We are planning to buy one CD.

in case you weren't aware, you need to pre-order the PhotoCD to get it for $25. otherwise it's a minimum of $50. you need to bring proof of the pre-order and officially only one family per pre-order can get it for $25. so unless you do the experience together, one can get it for $25 and the other for $50 (unless you both have copies and try to get it for $25).

i've heard at least one case where the GF insisted on distributing a new card. even if this is the case, it's no big deal since the system can handle multiple cards.

Hopefully someone else can help with that...but unless they changed the policy, if you pre-purchase the PhotoPass CD then you get the GF photo session for FREE. I just had to show them my receipt (actually, not even that, they just asked if I bought it and I said yes and then they added it to my existing photopass cards).

it changed back in October I believe. http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass is as current as one can reasonably expect.

We are going with our best friends in Sept and will want to do this shoot with them and also have some shots of just our family, some of all of the kids together, etc. Anyone have experience with this? We are planning to buy one CD.

You can do this as a combined session, but your time limit stands as it is, so you should expect less photos per family. i'm not clear if you're buying the CD through the GF or online, but there are ways to get separate sessions (at a price) for the one PhotoCD.

as always, http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass for virtually everything PhotoPass. I wrote it for the benefit of folks like you, so trust me, it's worth checking out. one person who recently passed the link along said that she had realized she didn't know half the things PhotoPass offered.

What is the latest appointment time?
I'm wondering the same thing -- and how long the session lasts. We have a 7:30 reservation for Victoria & Albert. Since we'll already be dressed to the nines for dinner, the pictures would be a nice touch. Also, I'm planning to pre-purchase the CD, so the $25 sitting fee is extremely reasonable.

Originally Posted by lynlam

I made our appoimnments this past weekend and I asked this same question because me & a friend are taking our girls, but want to go 1/2 and 1/2 on the CD. I asked if we did that, would we EACH get the $25 deal? and they said yes, so from what they said, yes you can do this.

I'm actually wondering what is the EARLIEST appointment time?

I think this would be a great way to end our trip and get all our Photopass stuff on there.

Wo which resorts can you do this at? And where can I find out more information on this? I plan to pre-purchase the cd (note to self- so this today!) so if I bring proof that I pre-purchased, I can go with my PP card & they will only charge me $25 AND add all my photo session photos to my PP card? This sounds great!! Am I correct in this?

bradk - I've been to your website and it is a fountain of information. I'll just give them a call and see what they can tell me about time slots.

When I called they said the last time slot 5pm. I'm not sure what the first one is, but they did mention that the sun is very bright and didn't recccomend an early time for little ones. They said it might cause squenty eyes and fussiness for outside pics.

bradk - I've been to your website and it is a fountain of information. I'll just give them a call and see what they can tell me about time slots.

I would love to know what times they offer too. If you don't mind posting what you find out that would be great. :) We want to do this on our Sept. trip. I am hoping to start seeing pictures of the photo sessions at the Poly on here cause that one sounds interesting too. Decisions, decisions.

Don't want us to check your website do you ?!?!? :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter