Bounce back 2017?

Is anyone there now? Is anything still available for OCt. 2016? Looking for Yacht or Beach Club. thanks!
There was nothing in the 2016 BB for Oct/Nov other than October 1st when it was released and still isn't. I was there when it was changed from FD to room discount, and when I called to ask why Oct/Nov were blacked out, I was told F&W, special parties, fall breaks, and the race weekend had increased demand enough that they didn't need to offer discounts that far out anymore.

Thank you! We will just have to wait to find out I guess! A BB would just make our 2017 trip less stressful!

I hear you, believe me...we've been taking advantage of the BB deals for the last few years- good luck!

There was nothing in the 2016 BB for Oct/Nov other than October 1st when it was released and still isn't. I was there when it was changed from FD to room discount, and when I called to ask why Oct/Nov were blacked out, I was told F&W, special parties, fall breaks, and the race weekend had increased demand enough that they didn't need to offer discounts that far out anymore.

Us too... We were there last October and had planned to book the BB deal for this October and I can't even tell you how disappointed we were to see the excluded dates!! Still hoping for some sort of RO only discount for our October dates, but I'm not going to lie and say that based on the BB exclusions, I'm not too optimistic, sadly. Hope I'm wrong!!

I hear you, believe me...we've been taking advantage of the BB deals for the last few years- good luck!

Us too... We were there last October and had planned to book the BB deal for this October and I can't even tell you how disappointed we were to see the excluded dates!! Still hoping for some sort of RO only discount for our October dates, but I'm not going to lie and say that based on the BB exclusions, I'm not too optimistic, sadly. Hope I'm wrong!!

Our son is 2 and we'd love to be able to start doing Disney every year with him. We would definitely need free dining or good % off every year though.

Our son is 2 and we'd love to be able to start doing Disney every year with him. We would definitely need free dining or good % off every year though.

I so understand... We started going every other year when my girls were younger, then it became every year because of the great discounts that Disney kept putting out. 4 years ago when my oldest DD started college, we found ourselves having to vacation in August...we adjusted to that time of year okay but I have to say I've seen more of a decline in Disney discounts leading us to no longer book thru Disney but rather thru an agency that offers some pretty spectacular deals.

As much as we love Disney, the decline in discounts and the ever rising prices are making me for the first time really question future Disney trips. We already decided we won't be renewing our AP's this year and with two kids in college soon, i'n really going to have to weigh things out for next year. So when I say I completely understand your point about discounts, I truly do!!

When I called for the BB offer last Fall (staying at POP), the pkg offer for either the POP or an AS was a good $300 more than what I was paying at the time. When I asked why the BB offer was so much more, the rather uninterested agent seemed to verbally shrug and stated, "prices go up every year. You'd better just take it." I did not take it. Maybe there were some great deals to grab in the past, but nothing in the Values last Fall.
Having to buy hoppers or water parks added $300 for us

I feel so old saying this, but I miss the old days. October used to be a "slow time" and is one of our favorite times of the year. Can't even get a discount on a room anymore. They are starting to out price me.

I've heard about BB offers but never really searched for them or read the fine print. How do I find out more information about them for Fall 2017? We'll be at Disney WL during the last week of October 2016, I've read they announce them on TV (which we never turn on), that I'm not allowed to ask the front desk out one?1? (weird, I know) or that a flyer would be in the room (which I've never seen). Any thoughts?

I've heard about BB offers but never really searched for them or read the fine print. How do I find out more information about them for Fall 2017? We'll be at Disney WL during the last week of October 2016, I've read they announce them on TV (which we never turn on), that I'm not allowed to ask the front desk out one?1? (weird, I know) or that a flyer would be in the room (which I've never seen). Any thoughts?

Look around for the flyer, then you can call 8844 from your room phone either way for more info. This has worked great for me in the past, given that the offer is any good!

Keep an eye on this forum before you go, someone will always post about new or current bounce backs. The last several years, the offer has been in the resorts info packet that is typically in your room on check in. As previous poster said, you can also just call 8844 from you room & ask about the current offer. They'll tell you what is available & you have to book thru that number anyway.

Right. You will only be able to book one for 2016.

I'm sorry but this is too confusing. I've read here (somewhere) that people who were at WDW in late October 2015 accepted their BB offer for October 2016. I believe it's in the thread when Disney came out with their summer/late fall packages free dining offer.

I'll have to check this site to find out who wrote it UGH! Why can't it just be simple!:confused:

I'm fine with FD offer if they do that instead as long as it's 2017

We always did FD dining at WDW until our 2015 Tokyo Disney trip where no packages of any kind are offered. At first I was a little unsettled, but man was it smooth. We weren't concerned tracking time or arranging our days around food. We ate when we were hungry, shared meals, and didn't pack our suit cases with a ton of snacks - very liberating experience so much so we opted not to purchase FD specifically.

Keep an eye on this forum before you go, someone will always post about new or current bounce backs. The last several years, the offer has been in the resorts info packet that is typically in your room on check in. As previous poster said, you can also just call 8844 from you room & ask about the current offer. They'll tell you what is available & you have to book thru that number anyway.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely stayed tuned.

I'm sorry but this is too confusing. I've read here (somewhere) that people who were at WDW in late October 2015 accepted their BB offer for October 2016. I believe it's in the thread when Disney came out with their summer/late fall packages free dining offer.

I'll have to check this site to find out who wrote it UGH! Why can't it just be simple!:confused:
We were at WDW in October 2015 and were able to book the room only bounce back for 2016. The offer came out sometime in the middle of October. There is also a free dining bounce back that comes out in August and is usually for dates in August and September of the next year.

So if we're there in May 2016, I wouldn't be able to book a bounce back offer for September 2017...is that right?

Right. You will only be able to book one for 2016.

Not sure what is confusing. You quoted Wood Nymph, who was responding to a question about booking Sept 2017 in May 2016. She provided the correct answer. Offers will stay for 2016 most of the year. In mid - late August, free dining for 2017 & mid - late October, the 2017 room only offers should be available IF Disney follows past trends. It really is simple: during the fall free dining period, free dining for the following year has been offered. Room discounts are offered most of the rest of the year, changing to the following year sometime in October. Call 8844 anytime you're there to check the offer. Again, this is past practice & no guarantee Disney will continue it.

Last edited:
Not sure what is confusing. You quoted Wood Nymph, who was responding to a question about booking Sept 2017 in May 2016. She provided the correct answer. Offers will stay for 2016 most of the year. In mid - late August, free dining for 2017 & mid - late October, the 2017 room only offers should be available IF Disney follows past trends. It really is simple: during the fall free dining period, free dining for the following year has been offered. Room discounts are offered most of the rest of the year, changing to the following year sometime in October. Call 8844 anytime you're there to check the offer. Again, this is past practice & no guarantee Disney will continue it.

Disney past trends offered free dining throughout October, not just here or there but throughout, that's not the case anymore is it? 2012 & 2013 - so yeah, it is confusing. It's confusing when I read different posts about guests taking up Disney's BB offer and commenting on it without elaborating when they were there, so in turn more searching and asking questions only to be called out because I find it all confusing? Nice.

Disney past trends offered free dining throughout October, not just here or there but throughout, that's not the case anymore is it? 2012 & 2013 - so yeah, it is confusing. It's confusing when I read different posts about guests taking up Disney's BB offer and commenting on it without elaborating when they were there, so in turn more searching and asking questions only to be called out because I find it all confusing? Nice.

I wasn't trying to be snarky with you. Just was not sure what was confusing you. Was just trying to clarify the dates when each bounce back is typically offered because that's what I thought your confusion was about. And yes, Disney seems to have dropped October from the free dining offers. Actually, all of October was excluded from this year's room discount bounce back too. Apparently with Food & Wine festival & more fall school breaks, October isn't slow anymore.

We went in October 2015; and the bounce back at that time was Free dining if booked prior to 10/31. It was good thru October 2nd... I guessed at that point, after being there from the 24th to the 31st... Free dining was gone for October.

If you want to wait 2 years before returning, can you book a bounce back for the following year, and then change the date later on?

You can change your date as long as it is a valid date during the bounce back period and as long as the room type is still available.

No. You can only book a bounce back for a date that is eligible for that discount. They are all time limited. You can't change the date for a time after the offer has expired.

This is confusing - which is it? Can anyone confirm or has anyone done this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter