• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG, lunch or dinner

kmv

Mouseketeer
We will be in Disney next week and I just was able to pick up a BOG dinner reservation. I already have a lunch reservation for the same day. I am wondering which you would chose and why? We have been for lunch before and really enjoyed it, but today when I saw the dinner opening I couldn't resist grabbing it!

are you interested in meeting the Beast? I believe he shows up at dinner and not lunch. Menu is different so you can do both on the same day but personally, I would choose dinner. It's a matter of a nice sit down dinner vs. quick service lunch.

I was happy to do lunch because it was cheaper and the way they light the ballroom made it seem like evening anyways (plus, great break from the heat). I definitely thought it was great all around. But... I couldn't help feeling like if I go again, I'd like to try for the nicer sit down dinner with wine and a dinner menu. Next time!

BOG dinner reservations are very hard to get, especially this close to the day of. I say go with that this time!

Definitely dinner, they are so hard to come by and you get to meet the Beast after your meal.

If you want to meet the Beast he is only there at dinner.

The menus are different so it depends on which is more appealing. Also, at dinner you can order an alcoholic beverage.

Dinner is table service while lunch is counter service.

I'd do dinner because it's a different experience that I've never had the chance to enjoy.

Dinner for sure! Their steak is fabulous and meeting the beast is such a great experience.

Our last trip we went for lunch. Then my daughter and I went for a late dinner (9:45) and just got dessert & met the beast.

We enjoy both. But if you did lunch and never did dinner - I would do dinner. It is fun seeing the beast. Great catch in getting the reservation. It is easy when you get close to your arrival date. Have fun.

We've also been to both but I have to say I do enjoy dinner better. It is more laid back and slower paced. You can sit and enjoy the atmosphere a little more and it's nice to be able to meet the beast;)

The food was very good at dinner. I enjoyed the Braised Pork very much with a nice glass of wine. It was a nice way to unwind at the end of the day before we went out to watch the fireworks.

I think lunch is a little more hectic and you feel like you need to eat and go. I'd much rather go back for dinner than for lunch;)

Reactions: kmv
I can only speak for dinner and I would not go there unless you dont care about the food and are only going to see Beast. Dinner, IMO, was terrible. Well, to be fair, the chicken and grey stuff was terrible. Not sure about other entrees/dessert.

Recently got to enjoy our first dinner at BOG, and we were very, very pleased. Shelly was our server, and she was very knowledgeable about the menu. I chose the steak, and I'm happy to say it was one of the best I've had on property. The atmosphere is relaxing, and while I love character meals, the opportunity to meet Beast after the meal instead of during it is very consistent with the tone of BOG at dinner. We would love to do it again.

It depends on what you want. Lunch is kind of rushed, cafeteria feel. Dinner is more relaxed, a nice break from the crowds.

We only do lunch. 1, we do not care much about meeting the Beast. 2, it uses a QS credit vs TS and we can use our TS somewhere else in MK for dinner or at a resort. We have found that the castle provides a nice break from the park and we never feel rushed. We ate there in Oct during fall break and we spent a good 45 min dining and relaxing. Yes, it was busy, but this has become a must do lunch spot for us. As adults we've had the braised pork and both carved sandwich options and thought they were very good. Our children enjoy the menu options as well.

I've done both, dinner is more expensive so I think I will stick with lunch from now on. If the extra cost isn't an issue I think they are each a different experience and it's nice to try both.

I prefer lunch. The best part of eating at Be Our Guest is the atmosphere, not the food. Lunch allows you to enjoy the ambiance of the restaurant without spending the time or money for what I consider to be mediocre table-service fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter