• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest Lunch FastPass Thread [PLEASE read the FAQs in the first post!]

I got an email today at 3:53pm from Disney, letting me know I could make a FP for Be Our Guest for my upcoming trip (2/26/15). LOL. Get it together Disney!

If it changes to an ADR I don't know that they would give onsite guests any priority other than the usual 180 days + 10 that we already get. Why would they treat BOG lunch any differently? That's how the system is already set up.

Now what is frustrating and disappointing is that those of us who are well within the 180 days + 10 if BOG lunch becomes an ADR, or 60 days if BOG lunch becomes a FP+ are now in the position of having no priority for being onsite guests once whatever the system is becomes active on February 25. I guess we'll just have to log on at midnight to see if the FP+ option appears, and then again at 6:00 am if it doesn't and hope we can get something amidst the chaos that will probably occur that day. Hopefully WDW will be more forthcoming with information, and not just leave us guessing which rumours are correct so that we can be prepared to try to book.

My thoughts exactly. We're hoping to eat there on March 9th, which isn't a huge window from February 25th. I don't think I'm willing to give up one of my 3 FP+ reservations to eat there, but hopefully with more availability (ADR for lunch) we have a chance of getting in. My mom didn't nail the dates until after our 180 day mark (drove me nuts.. haha) so we couldn't get in for dinner.

So bummed by all of this. We were planning on February 27th and I can't believe we missed this by 2 days. Ugh. Hopefully someone will get good news soon and post it on here so we are all notified :) Good luck to all!

Has anyone else noticed that the MDE app (well, my Android version at least) isn't allowing any BoG Dining to be booked at all at the moment? The "Find a Table" option is simply not present, just as if this was a non-table service location which doesn't accept bookings. The website version of MDE and disneyworld.com/dining still allow Dinner ADRs to be made. Does everyone else see the same as me?

Andre

Has anyone else noticed that the MDE app (well, my Android version at least) isn't allowing any BoG Dining to be booked at all at the moment? The "Find a Table" option is simply not present, just as if this was a non-table service location which doesn't accept bookings. The website version of MDE and disneyworld.com/dining still allow Dinner ADRs to be made. Does everyone else see the same as me?

Andre
Andre on my iPhone I do see the Find a Table button for Be Our Guest

ADRs should open up at 6am on the 25th I assume, and unless they say otherwise I guess anyone will then be able to book up to 180 in advance (with +10 for hotel guests). They also say that pre-ordering for meal options can be done a max of 30 days out, right up to 5 mins before the reservation time. And at least we now know it won't block the three advanced FP+ slots for rides.

So it does sound as though the reason there was never any user support for the test phase is that it wasn't really a test for guests and/or the booking system at all, it was more of a test of how the restaurant, and the new meal pre-ordering system, would cope before they could open it up via the regular ADR system.

It's just a shame that they had to shut the old system down before the new one could be enabled - but I guess the two systems probably can't talk to each other (heck, it had trouble enough talking to guests and finding our hotel reservations!) so they needed to have no existing guest reservations left in place before they can turn on the ADR system at full daily capacity from day one.

So, how long do people reckon it will be before they start offering breakfasts? I'm going to bet it will be operating before the main busy summer period.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter