Bath & Bodyworks Wallflowers Don't Work

Just back from my bath and body works in the cherry Hil, NJ mall. They did let me exchange my 4 wallflowers for new ones even tho she said they don't do that anymore. She also let me use the 20% Off coupon after trying to tell me it didn't start until Monday. I was allowed to pick any of the wallflowers that were priced at $8.50.

Hmmm, well I guess I'm going to take all mine back then and see if they'll replace them.

I have moved them around to all different outlets and I know the outlets provide electric because I plug in other things like the vacuum, hair dryer, lights, etc and those all work. :confused3 I love the wallflower scents. I guess they burn out or something and are not a reliable product. Darn.

I did have a few Yankee Candle scents but the refills a little expensive and since I can get the wallflowers on sale I switched over. Oh well. I just wanted to know if this was a common problem or not.

Thanks all!

I had a couple that stopped working. They were like a year old or something, so I assumed that they just die after a while and threw them out.

This is so good to know! I thought it was just me. Every single one I buy stops working before the first bulb even empties. I unplug it and the thing isn't even warm so I know it's not just a matter of not being able to smell the scent.

Hopefully I haven't thrown them away so I can take them back for an exchange... but I have a feeling I probably didn't keep them.

Such a shame because I LOVE their scents and their wallflower designs are so pretty.

I have had this same issue for quite a while where they just stop working and they are not that old. I asked at our local store and was told that they are guaranteed to work for 2 years and that they can tell by looking at them if they are 2 years old or under, so no need to hang on to receipts for that long. She also told me that they are quite sensitive to power surges, so that knocks quite a few of them out as well.

I also hate when you plug in a new one and it smells great for a day or two and then nothing. I have tried other plug-ins from Glade that smell good for weeks, so I don't think it's a issue of just getting used to the smell, so I can no longer smell it. I have about a dozen bulbs left to use up and once those are gone, I am going to try other things.

That's funny - because at my B@BW, I was told that the Wallflowers now only last approximately 3 months before they need to be replaced.

I have had these for as long as they have existed. I find the scent overpowering at first and find I unplug it every second day at the beginning. After a few weeks the scent becomes normal and I think our brain don't recognize it anymore. I've thought mine was empty checked it half full I can't smell anything had a friend over who instantly remarked on the beautiful scent of my living area....

zombie thread....

But, yes, mine do the same thing. My Aunt mentioned it while at BBW one time, and they told her they have a little fuse inside the elec components that burns out and to just bring them in for an exchange.

I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issues I do with the darned things. I plug them in, they work great, then all of a sudden then quit working?

I've had several sit in the plug all over the house but the fragrance isn't being burned off. What gives?

Thanks in advance,
You are not the only one... I have replaced all my wallflowers and still the same issue! I am done wasting money.

this is interesting. i loved them when they first came out but, after a while it seemed like i wasn't getting the smell like they used to be. glad i'm not the only one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter