Bath & Bodyworks Wallflowers Don't Work

I bought about 4 of them with a bunch of the bulbs for the first time earlier last year. Two burned out before they finished one scent bulb. The other two lasted 2 and three scent bulbs and they burned out too. They smelled wonderful when they worked. It's not my outlets either they are just cheap and unreliable. I just threw out the last one with all the leftover bulbs. I won't be buying that junk again.

For the person who has a hard time opening the soaps you need to hold on to the bottom ring while you turn the spout thingy. If not the bottom ring just turns with it and it doesn't open.

I tried to return 2 of them to B&BW and they wouldn't do it. The girl working told me that it happens all the time. They just stop working, and htat she was sorry.

I was kinda put off by that, so I quit buying them.

That is very surprising. I worked at BBW last year and the policy was always that we take returns NO MATTER WHAT. We never turned anyone away. I would either go back or go to another BBW store to try to return them. Was she the manager or did you even get to talk to a manager?

In fact, here is the return policy, taken right from the website:

Although this does refer to online purchases, it was the same return policy for anything bought in store.

Our 100% Guarantee
We want you to be 100% happy with everything you purchase from BathandBodyWorks.com. If you don't absolutely love it, you can exchange your item or get your money back. Plus, enjoy hassle-free returns. Most items bought online can be returned or exchanged at your local Bath & Body Works store. *

* Does not include online exclusive items.

BBW Wallflowers had a history of scorching walls so they made them more "safe" by limiting the heating capacity. They now will short with even the most brief power outage or flicker. Their policy is to accept returns/exchanges with no question, so you will always be allowed to return them. However, they are now tracking returns without receipt, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for the info on returns. I have 5 in my house that don't give off smell or heat anymore and was wondering what to do. I'll be at BBW today!

Soon after we got married my DW plugged one in in our bathroom, and since the plug was installed upside down - DW just plugged the warmer in upside down...... Soon after that I went to the bathroom to discover the scented oil all over the floor - YES they do leak when turned upside down - and NO my wife didn't know the plug rotated so it wouldn't have to be turned upside down :lmao:

That is very surprising. I worked at BBW last year and the policy was always that we take returns NO MATTER WHAT. We never turned anyone away. I would either go back or go to another BBW store to try to return them. Was she the manager or did you even get to talk to a manager?

In fact, here is the return policy, taken right from the website:

Although this does refer to online purchases, it was the same return policy for anything bought in store.

Our 100% Guarantee
We want you to be 100% happy with everything you purchase from BathandBodyWorks.com. If you don't absolutely love it, you can exchange your item or get your money back. Plus, enjoy hassle-free returns. Most items bought online can be returned or exchanged at your local Bath & Body Works store. *

* Does not include online exclusive items.

Thanks for the info. I wish I had them still to try again, but I threw them out. No, she was not a manager. I guess I should have asked.

I wondered why I hadn't heard anything about this issue!

First was the nightlight one. The light stopped working- so I assumed the smell would at least keep working. It didn't. I figured it was an issue with that one. Then I had two others bust- tried a few different outlets (one where I already had a Wallflower in that worked) and they didn't. I haven't thrown them out but just bought new ones when they were really cheap.

I'm going to try to return these now!! I tried everything- using different plugs, taking out and not using then using again, etc- they stopped getting warm altogether.

I have 4 wallflowers and 4 sentports that I have been holding on to even tho they don't work right. If I bring them in will they exchange them for new ones in boxes or do they give you refurbished ones? I ask cause some places only replace with refurbished items when you bring in a defective item.

Does anyone know when their current sale is going to end?

I have 4 wallflowers and 4 sentports that I have been holding on to even tho they don't work right. If I bring them in will they exchange them for new ones in boxes or do they give you refurbished ones? I ask cause some places only replace with refurbished items when you bring in a defective item.

Does anyone know when their current sale is going to end?

I don't think there is any way for the store to replace with "refurbished". I don't think they have any refurbished in stock in the store. I know we didn't have any.

I heard that the current sale ends this coming weekend, which sounds about right from my recollection of last year.

I gave up on my Wallflowers, and have moved on to the Febreeze, dual scented plug ins. They have worked wonderfully so far.

Their policy is to accept returns/exchanges with no question, so you will always be allowed to return them. However, they are now tracking returns without receipt, so keep that in mind.

When I returned mine - they didn't ask for anything and the return didn't go through the register. She just took the ones I brought in and put the new ones in a bag, smiled and said thank you. However - that was about a year ago and they are probably asking for all forms of ID now.

Do you know if they will give me a wallflower diffuser in place of the sentports ones I have? I noticed they don't sell them anymore.

The tracking is a relatively new policy. They posted on FB about it a few months ago.

Even exchanges are easiest but you can always return if you want. Unless things have changed, you will get a credit for the current selling price. I believe they still have Scentports online but I'm not sure.

Also, coupons are good 3 days prior and 3 days past the time frame listed on them.... so if you got a 20% off with a recent SAS purchase, you can use that this weekend to take an extra 20% off the current sale items.

Do you just not smell the fragrance? Or does it stay in the wallflower. I have noticed I can't smell them anymore but we moved and have high ceilings so I just fiqured that was the reason.

You do become accustomed to scents over time so it's important that you rotate scents when refilling. That being said, I have had several B&BW's Wallflowers that quit working. Usually after a period of time, but I had a friend who had some quit when they were quite new. Take them back. B&BW's has a no questions asked return policy.

Also, coupons are good 3 days prior and 3 days past the time frame listed on them.... so if you got a 20% off with a recent SAS purchase, you can use that this weekend to take an extra 20% off the current sale items.

That's good to know. Will they still be having their current sale on Saturday so I can use it with their current sale prices? Is it Fri or Sat you can start using the coupon?

Mine fall out of the socket because they are too loose. They do stop smelling after a few days, too. I bought a bunch on sale but when they're gone, I won't buy them again.

That's good to know. Will they still be having their current sale on Saturday so I can use it with their current sale prices? Is it Fri or Sat you can start using the coupon?

New promos start on Mondays, which is also the start of the coupon since the SAS ends Sunday. So you can use the 20% as early as Fri the 13th, tomorrow.

I bought mine in early December. Have worked great. They run out in about 5-6 weeks. Just put my first refill in each one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter