April & June UY Extended!

Yinn

DIS Veteran
Just got an email!

• We know that some Members had reservations for Disney Vacation Club resort stays during the closure period using points that are set to expire. 2019 Use Year points for April and June that are set to expire in 2020 and that were used for these reservations will be extended for one year from the current expiration date. 2018 Use Year points for April and June that were banked into 2019 and used for these reservations will be extended for six months from their current expiration date. Please note this temporary policy only includes expiring points that were used to book a stay between March 12 and the end of the closure period and that involve a reservation cancelled after February 29. In addition, to better support Member availability, Disney Vacation Club will not extend the life of our expiring developer points

• In light of this and to help with resort availability in the coming year, beginning today Members who want to borrow points to complete a reservation will temporarily only be able to borrow up to 50 percent of their future Use Year points per contract, as permitted by your Home Rules and Regulations. Doing this will help manage inventory and accommodate more Members who want to schedule their vacations once the resorts reopen. Points already borrowed for a stay outside the closure period will be honored, even if they are above the 50 percent threshold. We will continue to monitor our inventory and re-evaluate, with the goal of returning to our standard policy as soon as it is appropriate to do so.

• Finally, some Members have had questions about how the closure is affecting their association’s annual dues. While lower operating costs are anticipated for each condominium association because of the closures, there are many unknowns ahead as the resorts return to operation. Our commitment to Guest and Cast safety remains our top priority, and changes may be implemented to the way we operate, which may add some new costs. Given the unique circumstances of this situation, the proposal is to issue a credit to Members in mid-December as part of the distribution of Annual Dues Statements for 2021 if their association has an operating surplus (as opposed to rolling all surpluses into reserves).

Being a Member who stays in perpetual borrowing mode . . . kind of sucks for me. BUT, these are difficult times and I certainly would not have appreciated losing alot of points for a closure not my fault. Seems like a good compromise for everyone.

+1...after being repeatedly told that RCI was the only option, that's what we did so we would get something. There's got to be a way to work something out with RCI.
I'm on the phone now. I'll update if I get one from the CM.

Good luck graychef! I'm surprised they didn't even mention RCI in the email. Maybe they didn't want to draw attention to it and will crush us all individually as we call them.

I like the fact that a 6 month extension is given and very gracious, but I wish this was done a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away). I cannot see "much" in terms of availability in the next six months. There will still be some people who will lose some BUT some will be accommodated.
There are several posts stating DVC is not Disney. While technically with some merit, I am glad it falls within Disney umbrella and tries to adhere to their practices.

This screws up my families point usage for the next few years, but think it is a fair idea and good compromise. Hope it works out for most owners.

Okay Question- I fully admit this has always confused me. We have a Dec UY. So we won’t get 2020 points until Dec 1. Does that mean I can only book with half of my points until then? The Dec thing has always thrown me off.

Okay Question- I fully admit this has always confused me. We have a Dec UY. So we won’t get 2020 points until Dec 1. Does that mean I can only book with half of my points until then? The Dec thing has always thrown me off.

If you're trying to book a trip during 2021 using your Dec 2020 point allotment (even though you haven't technically got them yet), then you won't need to borrow at all. When are you trying to book and will all your Dec 2020 points cover your booking?

What if I put my points in RCI? Can I get them back?
I would like to know the same. I notice DVC waited until after my points expiration date passed by exactly one week from today(7 days).
To say anything about the points for April/June use year.😡😡😡.
IF I can get my points back FROM RCI . But DVC should have said something sooner.
Trying to call MS now- busy signal . Does anybody have a different number to call??

In the additional detail online
“ What if I deposited Points into RCI® so that they would not expire?

Members with a June Use Year who have made deposits into the RCI system since March 12 will be able to reverse that action and withdraw their Points. Members with previously booked RCI reservations that have been cancelled during the closures can continue to use those Points within the RCI system until they expire.”

In the additional detail online
“ What if I deposited Points into RCI® so that they would not expire?

Members with a June Use Year who have made deposits into the RCI system since March 12 will be able to reverse that action and withdraw their Points. Members with previously booked RCI reservations that have been cancelled during the closures can continue to use those Points within the RCI system until they expire.”
Excellent. I'm reading through everything right now and did not see that.

Will I be able to borrow 2022 points for a June 2021 trip? June UY? Or is that unknown? Trying to get a read on this. Or will I only be able to borrow half my 2022 points in 2021?

I'm on DVC members website and my RCI deposit is missing and the points were not put back into my 2019 use year, nor banked into 2020, 2021. What is going on.

Will I be able to borrow 2022 points for a June 2021 trip? June UY? Or is that unknown? Trying to get a read on this. Or will I only be able to borrow half my 2022 points in 2021?
DVC is going to have clarify what the "coming year" means as far as borrowing, but based on what they're trying to accomplish, it would seem that the answer to your question is that you can borrow up to half of your June 22 points for your '21 trip, IMO.

With the clarification on the DVC site re: RCI and the fact that I was on hold for 50+ minutes, I gave up and sent an e-mail with some assurances that the RCI deposit will be unwound.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter