April & June UY Extended!

So DVC runs at 97% full and now we are supposed to find availability for 2 months worth of points in the next 5 months?
April and June use years combined are around 25% of DVC points.
The 6 month extension is only for 2018 banked points from those (2) use years (and most wouldn’t purposely bank points to use at the end of their use year).
I think it may be 2/12 months x 25%( of total points in those use years) x 25% (months at end of use year) is about 1% of total DVC points

https://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/d...ear-distribution-charts-updated-february-2018

April and June use years combined are around 25% of DVC points.
The 6 month extension is only for 2018 banked points from those (2) use years (and most wouldn’t purposely bank points to use at the end of their use year).
I think it may be 2/12 months x 25%( of total points in those use years) x 25% (months at end of use year) is about 1% of total DVC points

https://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/d...ear-distribution-charts-updated-february-2018

Many owners try to avoid traveling late in UYs...so, it may very well me less than 1% of actual points involved.

What if I put my points in RCI? Can I get them back?
Maybe someone already answered your question and I missed it.
The answer is yes. We had moved points that would be lost to RCI. On Sunday, called and they will move them back.
Any points that were banked from 2018 will be good for 6 months, and points from 2019 will be banked into 2020 UY.
I was told the points will show up June 1.

Maybe someone already answered your question and I missed it.
The answer is yes. We had moved points that would be lost to RCI. On Sunday, called and they will move them back.
Any points that were banked from 2018 will be good for 6 months, and points from 2019 will be banked into 2020 UY.
I was told the points will show up June 1.

I think those that did put them in already can call them back. I am not sure if that is the case moving forward,

As I understand it, if you had moved points to RCI rather than losing them with a May/June UY, you have the option of moving them back. If you didn't move them, you still have the option to put them in RCI, or move them to 2020 UY (if they weren't already banked points). For UYs beyond May, so far, moving to a 2020 UY is not an option.

As I understand it, if you had moved points to RCI rather than losing them with a May/June UY, you have the option of moving them back. If you didn't move them, you still have the option to put them in RCI, or move them to 2020 UY (if they weren't already banked points). For UYs beyond May, so far, moving to a 2020 UY is not an option.

I just meant that the ability to put into RCI and then have them come back is only for those who already did it, correct?

i don’t think it’s a new policy going forward

Sorry misunderstood your question.
That is my understanding.
Also the waiving of the fee for RCI, I believe is only for this situation and not a policy going forward.

Sorry misunderstood your question.
That is my understanding.
Also the waiving of the fee for RCI, I believe is only for this situation and not a policy going forward.
The waived RCI fee has been in place since 2016 I believe.

This was the first time we had ever transferred points to RCI.
While researching how to do this, I thought I read that they we waiving the fees during this time.
Maybe I misunderstood what I read, or it was wrong.
Either way, not planning to move points again, unless we have to for some reason.

This was the first time we had ever transferred points to RCI.
While researching how to do this, I thought I read that they we waiving the fees during this time.
Maybe I misunderstood what I read, or it was wrong.
Either way, not planning to move points again, unless we have to for some reason.
Yeah, a lot more people have noticed the waived fee because they've finally had to look at RCI. Glad that it's worked out for members who really didn't want to use RCI but had no other choice.
From the member site:
  • Effective August 4, 2016, the $95 transaction fee will be waived for Disney Vacation Club Members.

This is also on the member site regarding RCI (my emphasis added):

"Through 2020, Members can continue to enjoy waived transactions fees for new RCI reservations, a $95 value."

Anyone know if this has always been there and gets updated each year to the current year? Or is the waived fee going away after this year?

97% usually yes, but availability is better than that at the moment, because many people have cancelled their trips. I was able to get in at places just two months in the future that I usually can't get in at when my 7 month window opens. So there is some availability, and so at least a chance to use the points this way. Something is better than nothing. It seems fair to me.
This. There’s actually tons of good availability throughout the summer and more than usual in the Fall. Wide open end Nov and most of December

FWIW, a few days ago, I found the last night I needed to complete my October reservation (standard view 1 bedroom at BWV) and cancelled my waitlist. That night was still available after I booked it, so there must have been more than one cancellation. That might is all gone now, though.

Anyway, I've been checking since late February, before the 7 month window opened. There were, and still are, frequent changes in availability, for both studios and 1 bedrooms. So don't give up. Plans seem to be very tenuous right now. Good luck to everyone who is hoping to use their extended points.

A simple question, We had April/May trip cancelled. Our next Welcome Home is end of October and early November. Would our reservation be safe if we had barrowed from 2021 no matter what percent ? If we end up having to cancel that trip will it be easy to flip those points to 2021 april/may

A simple question, We had April/May trip cancelled. Our next Welcome Home is end of October and early November. Would our reservation be safe if we had barrowed from 2021 no matter what percent ? If we end up having to cancel that trip will it be easy to flip those points to 2021 april/may

Any reservation already booked before Friday when the temporary borrowing change went into effect, is grandfathered.

If you do not take that trip, then those points may be valid. It all depends on your UY.

If the resorts are open, the rule to put borrowed points back to their original UY will most likely be stopped.

thank you, just hope everything continues to improve and fall will be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter