April & June UY Extended!

Okay Question- I fully admit this has always confused me. We have a Dec UY. So we won’t get 2020 points until Dec 1. Does that mean I can only book with half of my points until then? The Dec thing has always thrown me off.

Correct, Any reservation made starting today that requires borrowing will only be allowed to borrow up to 50%. If you borrow more, they will cancel the reservation within 7 days of when you make it.

So, if you wanted to book a trip between now and November 30th, you would only be able to borrow 50% of those Dec 2020 UY points.
If you decided to book a trip in your Dec 2020 UY and need to borrow 2021 points, you’d still only be able to borrow 50%.

Until things are reversed, no matter UY, all borrowing will be limited to 50% of a contract.

Being a Member who stays in perpetual borrowing mode . . . kind of sucks for me. BUT, these are difficult times and I certainly would not have appreciated losing alot of points for a closure not my fault. Seems like a good compromise for everyone.

It does, but I wouldn't be surprised if 3 years down the road they roll that policy back. It's probably just to help the next couple of years of excess points.

I'm not sure...but this
I think this kinda shuts down all the rumors that Disney will probably be shut down until 2021.

Undoubtedly. Could you imagine? Congratulations, you get a 6 month extension. BTW, we're closed for the next 6 months.

I like the fact that a 6 month extension is given and very gracious, but I wish this was done a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away). I cannot see "much" in terms of availability in the next six months. There will still be some people who will lose some BUT some will be accommodated.
There are several posts stating DVC is not Disney. While technically with some merit, I am glad it falls within Disney umbrella and tries to adhere to their practices.

I am going to add that the return of borrowed points is going to be a help with the 6 month extension because those owners won’t be competing with as many members for short term availability.

I'm on DVC members website and my RCI deposit is missing and the points were not put back into my 2019 use year, nor banked into 2020, 2021. What is going on.

Could be typical IT stuff with people going on checking the site. I would not worry and give a call or send an email,

has anyone on else got thought to MS yet about pulling your points out of RCI ???. I'm still on hold to MS.

I'd wait a day or two....or until next Wednesday.

I'm guessing the entire world got that email and a lot of people are making calls today and tomorrow.

I find the email confusing. "2019 use year points for April and June that that are set to expire in 2020" does not exactly say April and May use year points; neither does it clearly say any 2019 use year points that were in reservations that were canceled are extended one year. Neither is it clear this applies to anyone who cancels themselves for any days the resorts were or will be open I would think.

Anyone seeing it more clearly than me? My use year is August 1. So I would have find a new reservation during June or July which is both unlikely (availability and getting the time off short notice) and undesirable (Crowded and hot).

I find the email confusing. "2019 use year points for April and June that that are set to expire in 2020" does not exactly say April and May use year points; neither does it clearly say any 2019 use year points that were in reservations that were canceled are extended one year. Neither is it clear this applies to anyone who cancels themselves for any days the resorts were or will be open I would think.

Anyone seeing it more clearly than me? My use year is August 1. So I would have find a new reservation during June or July which is both unlikely (availability and getting the time off short notice) and undesirable (Crowded and hot).
Like you, I have an August UY. Fortunately I have already made a July reservation to use my soon to expire points. I do not believe we will get an extension. I hope you can find a reservation to use yourself or give to a friend or relative before July 31.

There is no May UY, April and June UY 2019 points are beyond banking window so they are simply allowing those to be banked late,

It also says any reservation canceled due to resort closures...doesn’t matter who canceled it..with other UYs will also be given late banking providing the resort is actually closed,

So, someone with an Aug UY who cancels say a May reservation, would be allowed late banking now because resort will be closed,

If someone cancels a July reservation and resort is open in July, they wouldn’t be given late banking.

Now, it does say people should pay attention to banking rules.

I have one night ressie on May 31st - the last day of my 2019 use year. I already cancelled the corresponding nights that were in June (my 2020 use year). I left that one night just because I was hoping Disney would do something like this.
So question is now --
Do I cancel my reservation online and they will automatically move those points for that one night to 2020? Or do I let DVC do that automatically assuming the park is not open by then.

What would you do?

I have one night ressie on May 31st - the last day of my 2019 use year. I already cancelled the corresponding nights that were in June (my 2020 use year). I left that one night just because I was hoping Disney would do something like this.
So question is now --
Do I cancel my reservation online and they will automatically move those points for that one night to 2020? Or do I let DVC do that automatically assuming the park is not open by then.

What would you do?

If you are not going, I’d probably cancel online and then do chat to ask how the points are being moved.

If you wait and they announce they will be open that day and you haven’t canceled, it seems you’d no longer qualify.

Just got off the phone with member services, and it sounds like they don't really know either what "coming year" means. The cast member just kept saying, "through the closure" despite me asking about the 50% borrow thing and next year.

So unless someone can get a better answer, I think assuming 50% borrow until DVC reversed it is probably what's gonna happen

If you are not going, I’d probably cancel online and then do chat to ask how the points are being moved.

If you wait and they announce they will be open that day and you haven’t canceled, it seems you’d no longer qualify.
Thanks Sandi - Just cancelled online. I will wait till next week to ask about the points. I know I am worried about a tiny number of points as compared to some, so I can wait a week or so.

Ok...I am trying to figure the email out as well...so I decided to come here because you folks are much more knowledgable than myself.

I have a June UY. I banked my points EARLY on. I have a trip scheduled for July using the banked points. Will I get an additional year (through May 31, 2022) or will they still end on May 31, 2021?

Ok...I am trying to figure the email out as well...so I decided to come here because you folks are much more knowledgable than myself.

I have a June UY. I banked my points EARLY on. I have a trip scheduled for July using the banked points. Will I get an additional year (through May 31, 2022) or will they still end on May 31, 2021?

No, you will not get extra time because the resorts would have to be closed all the way until May 31st, 2021.

They are only extending the life of banked points that are actually expiring during the closure,.,and those are only April and June 2018 UY points,

No, you will not get extra time because the resorts would have to be closed all the way until May 31st, 2021.

They are only extending the life of banked points that are actually expiring during the closure,.,and those are only April and June 2018 UY points,

To add on to that, it’s because the existing policy still exists. So say the resort is closed through August. Your reservation will be cancelled.

The 2019 banked points will be returned to the 2020 pool as you previously banked it and it is considered 2020 points. Which is why they will expire May 31, 2021.

To add on to that, it’s because the existing policy still exists. So say the resort is closed through August. Your reservation will be cancelled.

The 2019 banked points will be returned to the 2020 pool as you previously banked it and it is considered 2020 points. Which is why they will expire May 31, 2021.

Thanks both of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter