• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2, 2005 Magic-First DCL cruise-anyone going?

...spent the evening peeling the mickey heads off the background paper, then took business card sized magnet sheets and cut them into little squares and strips and stuck them to the ears and the heads, three lime green for DW, DS and myself, and then a rainbow of colors just for decoration on the door along with a couple 8 1/2 x 11 magnetic sheet signs I made.

running out of things to do in advance of the trip. clothes all laid out, driving route long ago memorized, even have my cash supply for tips and taxis and ferries.

no one at work wants to listen to me talk it up. keep going to DU client service page but i got my docs 3 weeks ago. filled them out the first night. went back, compared the docs from my last cruise, and pre-tore out the pages that will need to be torn out.

have gone through the restaurant menus (on .jpeg) several times, already know what i am going to eat.

ready to go. ready to go. ready to go.......

House is clean, packing is 99% done, car is clean, these last few days have been agonizing. I have packed and repacked my bags three times. I even have the luggage tags on. It is not possible for me to be any more ready than I am, however I am still having anxiety attacks everytime I think of how close it is.

I'm behind schedule. I've got the kids packed and the car serviced but I haven't started packing for myself yet. Ugh! I decided to take Thursday off to finish it off since we hit the road Friday. My boyfriend was in town for Easter weekend and we celebrated my Dad's birthday, so I didn't get anything done for the trip this past weekend.

I'm hoping the traffic won't be too bad Friday getting out of Atlanta. I know it will be though. How's construction on I-75 south of Atlanta lately? I haven't driven to Florida since last May.

We'll be off to Seattle in about 2 hours - as soon as the boys get out of school! The mountain passes are bad so we decided to leave a little earlier than we originally had planned for today.

I'm ready!!!

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe trip. Hit the road in the A.M.

See you all Saturday.

Just last minute packing here. I'm the only one left to finish up. The clothes are the easy part. It's remembering all the extras.

For those traveling through GA on I-75, my FMIL was talking with a friend who just drove back yesterday from FL. Appears they are doing construction around Tifton, GA on I-75 that the locals were saying took about 5 hours to get through. She was recommending hopping over onto 41 which runs parallel to I-75 for those few miles. Just thought I'd pass on the information. Don't know if they'll be working on it tomorrow or this weekend with all the Spring Break traffic.

Safe traveling to everyone. My thoughts are also with those who are currently on the road and hope they made it through those northern climates okay. Look forward to seeing everyone at the DisMeet.

Nena

Hi, Guys! Just popping in to wish you all a bon voyage, safe travel and millions of wonderful memories! :flower:

If anyone sees this. Did make to Cocoa. OMG...I left Chattanooga early this morning because of a lousy night there. (don't recommend the hotels on the west side Lookout Mt. area).

Atlanta...never...never...again. I told my father this evening. He's rerouting us through Alabama. I75 was not even a passing thought after listening to all accidents coming into the city. Hopped on 285 W and was out the other end in 20 minutes top. Getting into Atlanta was another trick. From Marietta to the 285 exchange was a parking lot. I even got off and unlike me ate breakfast. Not much better when I got on. Took about 45 minutes to run a 5-10 minute drive tops! They were saying 75 was a 40 minute drive between different roads.

okay after white knuckling it through there..there is construction around Macon and Tifton. Why ?? Why does traffic come to a dead stop? No where in my life I have run into this. There was no reason for it either. Accept to cause lost time sitting there wondering why?

I'm just glad to be here. Need to relax ..had heartburn and loss of appetite from all the driving the last two days. I don't want to come down sick :( Might trek up and say Hi to Shirley tomorrow.

Today was goddawful flooding downpours, and yes, there were accidents--bad morning to have hit Atlanta early. I remember somewhere on some thread a couple of us posted to try, if possible, not to hit Atlanta southbound before 10 or so. And that was assuming GOOD weather! Sorry that such logistics weren't in the cards for you--and with today's weather, you were screwed no matter what! Not sure where you stayed overnight, but yes, lots of lower-end motels around Chattanooga.

Hoping DW will continue packing now so we can beat it out of here a bit early tomorrow --just going to Jax, then a couple last hours Saturday morning, still get there plenty early to have to wait until boarding starts.

Safe travels to all

I'm probably the last one left, we're heading out in about an hour for breckfast and then onto Titusville (hotel free with points). Hope to see you all, safe driving and thanks for the tip about Tifton. BYE!!!!! :cool1:

I am off to the airport :cheer2: At the last minute, I decided to pamper myself and ordered town car service, it is not that much more than paying all the airport parking fees. The rest of the group is already on way to airport in MI - they wrangeled a relative into driving them so no parking fees there either.

See ya on Saturday.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We're onboard! Yeah!

Heathercat,
Kaitlyn is trying to hook up with Emily in case you check these boards while on board. We're in room 2112.

Nena

Nena, I think you did. Is it my imagination, or was there not a light "show" in Animators? I've never seen it before, however I don't think anything was different the first night from the others? Anyone know anything about that?

Yes, Kaitlyn did hook up with Emily. They found each other the morning of St. Thomas (immigration). Kaitlyn thoroughly enjoyed her time on board ship. Spent a lot of time in the Labs.

We got back late Saturday. It ended up taking us 12 hours to drive home due to the construction from Valdosta to Tifton (normally a 9 hour drive for me). We jumped over to 41 but a lot of other people did too. I'm still trying to get my land legs. My body feels like the ship is still rocking.

Yes we had APL (2nd seating) - and the light show was only the first evening in the Animator's Palate. They talk about it on the Travel Channel Special that it's choreagraphed to the music. I must admit my favorite dining room is Parrot Cay. I loved that atmosphere. Our servers were Mladen and Collin.

I really enjoyed Pirate's night with the fireworks. That was fun.

Loved High Tea in Palo - I would definitely do that again.

We had a wonderful time and really enjoyed meeting our fellow Disers and running into folks throughout the cruise. I didn't book another cruise while on board since I don't know when that will be. Did anybody else sign up for their next cruise? I hated having the cruise end and I don't even have another planned to look forward to. Boo Hoo.

This cruise I took life a little easier than in the past cruises. We had done the 4 night Wonder before and maybe having the extra nights, I was inclined to take things a little slower. Even with Castaway Cay being rained on, this was the best cruise yet for us.

Hope everybody made it home safely or still enjoying their vacation. Look forward to hearing from ya'll again and how your trips went.

Nena

Some of you might remember me - we had to cancel this cruise. I watched you guys sail away on the webcams (I saved a picture from the Port Canaveral webcam if anyone wants it)...with a little tear in my eye. From what I can find on the boards, you had good weather with the exception of CC. :umbrella: Sorry about that.

Welcome Home! I'll be watching for your trip reports.

Lisa

Sorry for missing the Dis Meet..time honestly got away and it was almost 4pm when I realized what time it was! :( Anyone can email at anlashokna@yahoo.com if they like. I still have a bunch of postcards with me that I was going to give out.

Hope everyone had a great cruise. Had a good time except my regatta excursion wasn't quite what I had expected :( Never had motion sickness in my life. Been fine on everything, including all types of ferries, boats and the cruise ship didn't even phase me. I went green before we even really got going on the Canada 2:( Parents have had a few laughs over it ! Glad they were amused. But I got the last laugh when dad was a little green after getting off Mission Space.

Did everyone make it home okay?? Headed back to WI tomorrow. Enjoyed the week here at WDW. Weather has been absolutely fantastic! Could not have asked for better. Around 80 and low humidity (nice breezes too!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter