April 2, 2005 Magic-First DCL cruise-anyone going?

Great....Thank you all for the help....Are we supposed to have a "meet" while on board? I wasnt aware of this. Has there been a place/time designated?

The last cruise I was on we all brought postcards from our home town/area with whatever info we wanted to share on the back. ie... DIS name, real name, address etc. It was neat to have an idea of where everyone came from.

Just a suggestions.

How is this for a plan?????

:grouphug: Come meet the faces behind the DIS board names! :disrocks:

When: Saturday, April 2nd

Time: 3:00 PM

Where: The Promenade Lounge on the Disney Magic

The lounge is located just off the aft elevator lobby
on Deck 3

Suggestion: Bring postcards from our home town/area with whatever info you want to share on the back. ie... DIS name, real name, address etc. It might be neat to have an idea of where everyone comes from.

Just Look for the Lime Green sign that Says: DIS Meet & Greet

If I can get a break in the ressie rush I'll be there. Almost got everything packed :)

Sounds great. We'll be there.

anlashokna,
Hopefully no more snow. I hope it means we'll have beautiful weather for our trip. Good luck with all the packing and safe traveling.

i'm getting there Greytlady :) Finish up this weekend with the packing, get the vehicle serviced and keeping my fingers crossed this next weather system Thur/Fri doesnt do what the last one did :( Weathermen are getting scary up here.

Just looking at the forcast for Cocoa...upper 70's...oh I can't wait :)

I'll be there. Sounds great. I'm 99% packed..just those last minute things that you can't pack until the end. We are leaving THIS Thursday heading to my parents place first for a week and then Friday we'll drive up and stay near the port. I'm so excited. I cannot believe it's so close. It's all my kids keep talking about. Keeping my fingers crossed for awesome weather and a terrific time. Looking forward to meeting everyone. :-) See you on the ship. :wave:

3 pm sounds great--thanks for setting up a time and place

Hope I haven't annoyed too many from this particular cruise (recently ruffled some feathers on the formal night thread about what to pack).

We'll do our best, but with kids in tow you just never know. Been busy packing and last minute shopping and entertaining the in-laws. They leave Saturday and then I can really get busy! Safe travels for everyone! :moped:

logan1_2000 said:
3 pm sounds great--thanks for setting up a time and place

Hope I haven't annoyed too many from this particular cruise (recently ruffled some feathers on the formal night thread about what to pack).

Nope, didn't bother me at least. Formal night attire is a touchy subject here on the DIS. :rolleyes:

Hey Logan that was my post. I totally wasn't offended as I said in my reply to everyone. People have different opinions. It wasn't a matter of not getting dressed up. It was a matter of a suit vs. slacks/shirt/tie for me. I hope I didn't offend anyone suggesting that we might not pack the suit. LOL. All is good and I look forward to meeting you and everyone else April 2nd. :-) Vee

You guys starting fashion wars..tsk tsk :rotfl: What will we do with you two now? You two behave yourselves :rolleyes:

I'm with you...now I have to go find postcards...I think I know one place that sells them. Isn't that sad? Then of course my leg is killing me tonight courtesy of slipping on ice today coming out of work...boy I know I'm getting older, don't bounce very well :Pinkbounc

I'm coming if I had to haul a wheelchair...I know I have crunches somewhere. Ahh just 7 days to departure...or as I look at it...5 days of work left :cheer2:

Realityfreakaholic said:

Hey Logan that was my post. I totally wasn't offended as I said in my reply to everyone. People have different opinions. It wasn't a matter of not getting dressed up. It was a matter of a suit vs. slacks/shirt/tie for me. I hope I didn't offend anyone suggesting that we might not pack the suit. LOL. All is good and I look forward to meeting you and everyone else April 2nd. :-) Vee

Well I'm definately not packing suits for the guys- their doing shirt/slacks/ties. It's just too much stuff to lug around. I don't care what the other people on that thread posted - on our other cruise we dressed to the 9's and were most certainly in the minority.

4 1/2 days of work left for me. Only problem is that all of my big new loans decided that they needed to be done in the next couple of days! :scared1: Guess my two loan assistants will get to do some work while I'm gone! (that alone merits an :earseek: )

Just checkin in....Havent been on in a few days and just caught up on the threads..We will be at the meet.....dragging husband along with me....he thinks I've lost my mind with wanting to meet you all, but then again he hasnt been the one on the board "talking" and scouring for info to make our cruise just a little bit better...a little more smoother....Cant wait to see you all...You cant miss me....I'll be the one that looks like this----> :crazy:

Havent begun packing.... :sad2:

As I say to my 5 year old daughter.....11 MORE WAKE UPS!!!!!!

:banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

What I like about the meet is it's nice to run into somebody you know on the cruise after the meet. The last cruise we took it seemed we would see someone from our Disboards a couple of times a day. Always nice to see another friendly familiar face.

"Then of course my leg is killing me tonight courtesy of slipping on ice today coming out of work..."

Ouch!! A reminder of why I moved south (there was a particular slip on the ice day as an undergraduate that started a chain of events that eventually got me out of the snow belt, only member of my family to escape.

Hope you are healing/recovering--if it is still icy where you are, then you definitely need this cruise. It got nice today and a couple other days already in Atlanta, and my DS's baseball team has already played a couple regular season games. In fact, first ever DCL cruise 3 years ago, before we knew how much we'd love it (we thought it would be "ok" like our first cruise had been on RCCL), I was debating whether to go because it was in May and why did I need to go to the Bahamas in May, it is already warm and wonderful where I live in May. No accident that two of my 4 prior cruises have been in January, when I need all the weather boost I can get.

But I defer to those escaping the north--my january escapes are to get away from 35-45 degree weather. In CT growing up we had a word for 35-45 degree days...and that word was "April".

See you all 3 pm at the meet

Our forecast today was for snow :scared1: and when we fly out of Seattle next Wed. the prediction is for possible snow and or freezing rain at home.

Yuck - I thought spring was here since our weather was being pretty nice up until now!

I'm doing fine..thanks. Just a little sore still. I totally understand the injury bit. Senior year of high got caught in D.C during some nasty ice storms with one of those closeup groups. Stepped on a glazed curb and remember seeing my feet out in front of me before i was layed out on the street. Bruise from my hip to lower back :( Had lower back problems for about 8 good solid years. Knocking on wood here...been good for several years now. But yep everytime I slipped, fall or catch myself, boy I stand there a minute or too taking inventory, always afraid I might end up right back to those miserable days :( LOL I've also been applying for jobs from Florida to Oahu! WI has it out for me!

Oh I'm sooooooooo looking forward to this. Guy at work just came back from a 10 day caribbean cruise. Said it was gorgeous and in the mid 80's ! He's still in denial he's back here. Of course you know I can't feel too bad for him :) He had won a trip to the Pro Bowl in Hawaii and took that trip just two weeks before this one. Some people have all the luck :)

The weather is just being nuts here! Of course its snowed the beginning of may a couple years ago! They're saying snow again for tomorrow and friday again!! Just like last weekend..only a couple inches are predicted...hah! Haven't put the snowblower away yet :rolleyes:

4 more days of work..........then warm weather here i come!!

BriarfoxinWA-hopefully there won't be any delays. Headaches of flying this time of year....well and driving too!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Doing the single digit dance - just 9 days until we board the Magic for our "Spring Break Adventure". Time is both speeding by and standing still!

:banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter