• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2, 2005 Magic-First DCL cruise-anyone going?

:cool1: 3 workdays, 1 weekend and on the road I go... :cool1:

Boy wish my countdown was still working :moped:

About time! I booked this cruise in October 2003--thought it would never get here. Even booked and sailed on another DCL cruise during the interim.

See y'all a week from tomorrow.

Wow it is almost time. My family, dd9,ds9,dd5 and dh also have late seating for dinner ( as requested). DOn't know if it is gonna work but they can always procrastinate at home for bedtime ....

We have things hung everywhere and dress pants to be ironed for my son but other than that we are good. Ow and throwing them in the suitcases of course.

I have a question for you guys. I saw awhile back you could order a case of bottled water and have it delivered to your room. Does anyone know where I saw this? HA HA Or how I go about doing it. Kids and I drink no pop so it would be a great convience to have it on hand.

:cool1:
Bess

Just had a small panic attack this morning when I realized that me...the compulsive planner/packer...had nothing packed yet :eek:

I'll be ironing/packing this weekend too. I may skip the ironing though...last time we had DCL iron our formal wear and that worked out great! I think for everyone's clothes it was only about $15.

See ya'll next Saturday :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hi Everyone :wave:

We made it to Florida. We are in Lake City in a hotel and then leave tomorrow morning to travel down to Marco Island. I am exhausted. The ride went smoothy until we hit Atlanta...tons of traffic! Beautiful weather, no construction or accidents..simple TRAFFIC. Everyone is driving down south for spring break (you would think this wouldn't surprise me but I was too excited about the trip to think about it). Even though my kids have been hooked up in the lap of luxury (entertainment center, game cube, new word puzzle and hidden pic books not to mention a cooler filled with drinks and snacks) I still continued to hear "Are we almost there yet?". ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. CALGON TAKE ME AWAY..NO..WAIT..DISNEY CRUISE TAKE ME AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.....

1 more week. I cannot wait. I'm excited to see my parents and relax there on the beach but I am beyond excited about this cruise. See everyone on the ship. If I can sign in again by my parents I will. 7 days..7 days...7 days :cheer2: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :banana: :banana: :bounce: :bounce:

I have a question for you guys. I saw awhile back you could order a case of bottled water and have it delivered to your room. Does anyone know where I saw this? [/QUOTE said:
I made a note of this when I saw it in the Navigators posted on another site.

Family Value Water Package. Purchase a case of Evian water (24 bottles) for the price of 18 bottles for only $27. For delivery dial in-Stateroom dining.

I am planning on doing this, since my DBIL has water sensitivities and everybody in our group are big water drinkers.

I threw a case in my suitcase...actually need to tie it in a garbage bag also just in case. Got my beach towels as padding. Seems like folks don't have a prob with this and it was $4.50 for 28 bottles (ice mountain). Can use the space for souveniers when coming home.

Carrying on a small refridgerator box of little water bottles for excursions. I just can't see paying that much for a case of water. Even Evian. Of course once we moved back from Germany I haven't drank Evian..ridiculously priced in the US. Good water though :)

I'm sitting here watching tv and looking at the suitcases. I really need to finish the packing. Just don't wanna. I get tired just looking at them :rolleyes:

Thanks for the water tips guys. I am calling shirley in the morning for a gift basket and may see if she will add a case as well. I love the idea of carrying one on but with a family of 5 I just cant see us pulling one more suitcase. Especially with an extra park bag for the front end of our trip.

AS it is the 5 yr old will be wheeling her own bag. LOL Watch your toes folks.

Thanks Again !
:drinking:
Bess

How are any of us supposed to focus on those things we do on the side when we're not posting...what are they called? ...oh yes, JOBS...for the next week..?

Check out the "Addiction Thread" on the cruise line forum...I'm so totally frazzled I just composed a song lyric about being a DIS junkie on a saturday night ...

And for those carrying on the water--remember, the coolers aren't that cold, they keep a cold drink cold but take a long time to get a room temperature drink to be cold--I usually truck out water bottles down to the port in a cooler filled with ice, then take the bottles out and bring them on already chilled,inside something insulated (the beach towels were a great idea for that), and if that is in a wheeled item so much the better. I dump the ice in the parking lot, then I leave the cooler open so the water remnants evaporate.

Bought another lime green shirt today, Wal Mart had froot of the loom T's, even multiple X sizes for those of us who long ago learned about ordering multiple entrees and desserts, 100% cotton for $4.47.

I know that I, for one, will be absolutely worthless on Monday and the 1/2 day I'm supposed to work on Tuesday!

At least the packing has progessed somewhat. I think I can actually fit everything into 4 carryons (1 per person) and one large suitcase! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Mnswimfamily said:
Thanks for the water tips guys. I am calling shirley in the morning for a gift basket and may see if she will add a case as well. I "

You might wait till Monday. Called friday and she was absolutely swamped with Easter baskets. My fault, forgot about Sunday being Easter. She asked if she could call me back Monday and I told her I'd giver her a buzz during my break as I'm still stuck at work for a couple of days.

Okay...suitcases packed.!! I have my carryon roller bag, cosmetic bag, and its looking like a backpack. Once I get through security it straps all together so I'm wheelin :)

Just got to remember to take my heatpad and laptop and put them in my bag.

Wow, I just started packing for my business trip to Dallas tonight..(I am a total procrastinator).I leave tomorrow at 6p...I get back at 3:15p on Friday...Leaving DH with 2 teenagers and a 5 year old for a week, and making sure he doesnt forget to pack anything.....(this should be cute)..I had to go last minute shopping with my husband this evening, just to make sure he had a bathing suit and a few new pieces added to his "wardrobe"...He would be content to wear his "REAL MEN DONT READ INSTRUCTIONS" shirt the entire 7 days and his bathing suit from last year....that he still thinks he can fit into...I have a geek hubby (and I say that in the most endearing way..I love him to death) who does not understand why he has to bring more then 1 pair of shoes with him, who doesnt understand that a woman can have 10 pairs of black shoes and still need to buy a new pair, cause the other ones "just dont look right with this shirt", and who doesnt understand why I am getting so upset because he is not freaked out over me being away and not able to tie up the loose ends that need to be ties up before coming back.....

I am going to be a total nut case by Friday :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Great ... I think my DS8 is coming down with something. He was running a fever of 99 yesterday afternoon. He seemed fine this morning - but then threw up in church. :sad2: He says he feels o.k. now and has eaten something...I really hope he's not getting sick!

We leave on Tuesday!

I'm honestly surprised I haven't been sick..::knock on wood::
Of course as the plague in the office started three weeks back I started taking Zicam determined not to get it! On my 3rd bottle of it. Spraying everything with lysol whether they liked it or not. I work with all men..and they tend to be pigs. Sorry its the truth with this bunch. Hoping between that and the flu shot I'll survive. I can be sick when I get home!

Look at this way, if he's sick now maybe thats for the best. If its a 24 -48 hour bug he could be over it by the time you fly and nice and hyper for the trip..of course you need to stay well too :)

Tried the bonine last night like the doctor said to make sure I didn't have any breathing problems. Worked great...fell asleep watching a movie a few hours after taking it..ackk..not the side effect i wanted. Of course Tylenol can do that to me too :rolleyes: So I guess its safe enough.

I've got the one carryon packed..purse, cosmetic bag and another bag :( Trying to figure out how to go down to just the two and purse to carry on. So far no luck. Two days left to figure it out.

Oh yeah..make sure you clean your car interiors good if you're parking. I'm so glad I did today. I had a wayward french fry under my seat. Don't know how the vaccuum has missed it before now :( Ants would have had a hey day! I dare them to now!

Ah yes just sent the Darling husband to the Dr. He started coughing on friday and it got worse thru the weekend. He fought me the whole way but I threatened to leave him home. HA HA HA We are all in one room on ship and the last thing I want him to do is spread it to the kids.

How is your son now? Better I hope.

WHat are you taking to ward of the cold's? How does it work

Well I have taken advise for all the wise travelers and packed the kids this weekend. I will send out some clothes to press, I am sure but what a relief to have it off my mind. I need to only pack myself. I am mostly done just need to get it in my suitcase. I am struggling with park clothes the day before and how to keep it seperated. Might have to take an extra carryon for suits, shorts, hair care etc. Plus Sat. clothes. Anyone else in the same boat? Any tips. I seem to have alot.

It's official I am ready and cant wait for friday to get here.
Bess
:crazy2:

Well DS8 seems to be better. He was well enough to go to his Grandma's yesterday afternoon. Hopefully it was just a short lived bug of some kind. Now we are just trying to finish up all the arrangements for the animals. New puppy, old dog, guinea pigs and horses....sheesh - how did we ever end up with all of these animals!

Have lots of last minute running around to do - discovered that the vehicle we are driving to the airport has expired license plates (as of 4/1) so I have to run to the DMV and get those tomorrow before we leave. DH also managed to misplace the proof of insurance cards for that vehicle too...

I will be so glad when we get to Florida!

I shipped the in laws out this weekend and other than last minute stuff that we are still wearing, I'm pretty much packed. We've been very healthy this year and I am confident that we will all wake up sick on Friday!

Sitting out the severe thunderstorms yesterday, DW was hacking up a lung or something, and so I asked "gettin' sick just in time for the cruise?" She laughed--she is of chronicly unfortunate health. Sounds like she should be in the Mormon Tubercular Choir. Well, if she does get really stinkin' sick, I'll get to save the dog sitter money...and bring her back something nice because DS and I will still go...

logan1_2000 said:
Sitting out the severe thunderstorms yesterday, DW was hacking up a lung or something, and so I asked "gettin' sick just in time for the cruise?" She laughed--she is of chronicly unfortunate health. Sounds like she should be in the Mormon Tubercular Choir. Well, if she does get really stinkin' sick, I'll get to save the dog sitter money...and bring her back something nice because DS and I will still go...

I feel your pain! :) DS14 said pretty much the same thing to DS8 yesterday. We'll leave him home to take care of the animals.

There was a late season snow storm on the mountain pass that we go over to get to Seattle last Saturday. They closed the highway for 8 hours. Hopefully it's all over with now! Along with that and everything else going on - my kitchen sink is totally clogged up and we can't seem to get it unstuck! DH took apart all of the pipes under the sink last night but the clog is farther down the line... what next! :confused3

Briarfox - not a frozen pipe I hope :(

Well our weather is nothing but interesting. Typical March / April here. All that snow the weekend before last. Today it topped out at 70 degrees! Suppose to be back in the 40's later in the week.

Talk to Shirley (perfect gift) today down in CB and she joked it was so windy that it was like a hurricane getting ready to come in. Looks like low 70's for saturday. Shouldn't deep fry during the drills :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter