AP Room-Only Release Date for Stays After June 6

That's right - no values, or moderates for that matter :mad:. I booked and paid for our two night anniversary stay at Pop right before we go to Clearwater for 10 days. I tried to call and "apply" the code, just as I had done in the past with free dining, and SUPRISE!!! NO AVAILABILITY:headache:. Oh, except for the Wilderness Lodge, but I can't convince hubby it's worth another $200 when we are going to the beach immediately following Disney.

Looks like we will be canceling our Pop Century reservations - nothing available at the values. We will be staying at the Doubletree - Lake Buena Vista with the Mousesavers discount. Yes, we will have to rent a car - but it still comes out cheaper & we get the free continental breakfast. Have not stayed at the Doubletree before - so we will be 'expanding our horizons'!!:scared1:
::MinnieMo::MickeyMopirate::cheer2:

We're stay at the Doubletree! I am at this point trying to convince my parents to get a rental car, because the chart I've seen of bus times was not pleasant. I've never experienced it before, so who knows. Also, they want to take the city bus from the airport which I am not pleased about, but it stops close to the hotel, and it's cheap, so oh well.

:scared1: Did I read that right? No values? What are your dates? I finally convinced DH to do WDW for our mini-vaca in June instead of combining a work trip with Disneyland. Spending 2 days at DL then 4 days hanging around in a work apt while DH is in the office does not sound like a vacation to me!

We're planning a Nov trip so figured we'd buy APs. If there are no values that might make the trip a little more expensive than we had planned.

Question for you all. If I buy one AP for now (will have to buy a 2nd before we go), say this afternoon, will I immediately have access to the AP website to book an AP rate?

If you're going before July 31st I would recommend checking out this thread
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2164541

Disney just recently sent current Annual Passholders Pass Along cards for 10% discounts. Each AP holder got 4 cards and each can purchase up to 6 Annual Passes with a 10% discount. (the current AP holder gets a $25 Disney Gift Card for every AP purchased with one of their passalongs)

You have to purchase the APs at a Disney Ticket Window though, which means you would have to go to a ticket window before you checked into your hotel if you stayed on an AP discounted rate, but the 10% off is definitely worth it.

I would offer you one of my discount cards, but they're already spoken for...lots of people still have their's though

I just booked POP this afternoon for July 11th for $94.50 including tax with the AP rate. We needed one night before we switch over to OKW on points.

Yay!:banana:

I called CRO to book this.

wdw4us2 --- We are renting a car because The Disney Magical Express does not go to the Downtown Disney Hotels. We will be going to Universal & Sea World also --- We will see how the bus service to the parks go - have read that it is not always a good experience. We have the car rented through priceline - 8 days, compact $188.20 with all taxes & fees.

shledogg -- our dates are June 16 -24. Only deluxe were available. Wonder why?? Don't want to pay that kind of money.

I've asked a couple of times about the bathroom layout --- no one has responded -- it isn't a big deal - just wanting to know if the tub/shower toilet were seperate from the sink area. More convenient if it is.

I've asked a couple of times about the bathroom layout --- no one has responded -- it isn't a big deal - just wanting to know if the tub/shower toilet were seperate from the sink area. More convenient if it is.
Do you mean the bathroom area at POP? If so, the tub/shower/toilet are separate from the sink area. There is only one sink & no privacy curtain. There is also only one mirror in the entire room - above the sink. Hang on - I lied. There is a full length mirror on the outside of the bathroom door also.

Bathroom facilities were difficult for us at POP when I went with 2 of my teen DD's. If you have small children or no children with you it will probably not be an issue.

I enjoyed POP & thought it was nice - not the right resort for us though.

OMG - I think you mean the bathroom at the Doubletree. Can't help you there!

The night of Sat. July 11th has been mentioned a few times, so just wanted to let people know that it is NOT available for the summer room only discount - it is blocked off on the Special Offers page calendar. Based on message above it does seem to be available for an AP discount, but I can't imagine paying $100.00/night for a Value room - seems so high to me since the one time we stayed at Pop for a night before our DVC stay, we paid like $59.00.

I just wanted to let people know that general public room only codes at Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans - River and FQ, are available for $129.00 plus tax ($145.00) for July 11th.

I know this thread is for AP rates, but I thought I'd mention it since I figured if people can't get their AP rates, they might try the general public summer code.

Good luck to all getting their rates, Tiger :)

The night of Sat. July 11th has been mentioned a few times, so just wanted to let people know that it is NOT available for the summer room only discount - it is blocked off on the Special Offers page calendar. Based on message above it does seem to be available for an AP discount, but I can't imagine paying $100.00/night for a Value room - seems so high to me since the one time we stayed at Pop for a night before our DVC stay, we paid like $59.00.

I just wanted to let people know that general public room only codes at Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans - River and FQ, are available for $129.00 plus tax ($145.00) for July 11th.

I know this thread is for AP rates, but I thought I'd mention it since I figured if people can't get their AP rates, they might try the general public summer code.

Good luck to all getting their rates, Tiger :)

Yes, I'm the one that is paying almost $100 for a value! :scared: I know!!!

But, with buying 4 flights it is almost $300 cheaper for me to arrive on Saturday, so spending another $100 is still much less than arriving the day later. And then... I'll be sunning myself at OKW:beach: Can't wait!!!:goodvibes

I've never stayed at POP and the one night I spent at ASMu I thought I'd die because it was the cheerleading fiasco and I was the fat pregnant mom in the pool. :scared1::eek:

I noticed that the date of July 11 wasn't listed on other discounts. But it is available for the AP discount. :teacher:

Yes, I'm the one that is paying almost $100 for a value! :scared: I know!!!

But, with buying 4 flights it is almost $300 cheaper for me to arrive on Saturday, so spending another $100 is still much less than arriving the day later. And then... I'll be sunning myself at OKW:beach: Can't wait!!!:goodvibes

I've never stayed at POP and the one night I spent at ASMu I thought I'd die because it was the cheerleading fiasco and I was the fat pregnant mom in the pool. :scared1::eek:

I noticed that the date of July 11 wasn't listed on other discounts. But it is available for the AP discount. :teacher:

I hope you have a wonderful time - we will be there at the same time. :cool1:

I just wanted to let others know that there were some issues with July 11th in case people have difficulty securing rooms.

Glad you got your rate, Tiger :)

With the recent release of summer room only rate, is it possible that it is cheaper than AP rate? I had previously booked 5 nights for Poly under AP rate for 2 adults and 2 kids with dinning plan + 1 AP + 3 tickets (1A2C). It turns out that, if I forgo the AP rate and go with the summer room only+tickets (2A2C) +dinning plan, it is about $300 cheaper. Of course, with the latter, I don't own the AP. But for $300, I am willing to forgo AP unless I am certain that I am going back within a year. Did I miss out anything here? :confused:

That's right - no values, or moderates for that matter :mad:. I booked and paid for our two night anniversary stay at Pop right before we go to Clearwater for 10 days. I tried to call and "apply" the code, just as I had done in the past with free dining, and SUPRISE!!! NO AVAILABILITY:headache:. Oh, except for the Wilderness Lodge, but I can't convince hubby it's worth another $200 when we are going to the beach immediately following Disney.

**Update** I called to check again yesterday and they had Coronodo available! Our first choice and favorite resort:goodvibes Not only was I able to switch to Coronodo, but saved $26.00 with the discount compared to my original package with Pop.

With the recent release of summer room only rate, is it possible that it is cheaper than AP rate? I had previously booked 5 nights for Poly under AP rate for 2 adults and 2 kids with dinning plan + 1 AP + 3 tickets (1A2C). It turns out that, if I forgo the AP rate and go with the summer room only+tickets (2A2C) +dinning plan, it is about $300 cheaper. Of course, with the latter, I don't own the AP. But for $300, I am willing to forgo AP unless I am certain that I am going back within a year. Did I miss out anything here? :confused:

Part of the difference is the cost of the 1 AP vs. the ticket. If you know you are going back within 1 year you can upgrade all of your tickets to AP's when you get there.

I have noticed that they offer a package with the AP rate on the room and the option to purchase the dining plan now. Do you still have to buy a 1 day MYW base ticket for each person with this? Just curious:confused3

I have noticed that they offer a package with the AP rate on the room and the option to purchase the dining plan now. Do you still have to buy a 1 day MYW base ticket for each person with this? Just curious:confused3

No. You only have to buy a 1-day ticket for free dining. If you're paying for the Dining Plan, then the AP is sufficient.

Just wanted to share my excitement... We booked our summer annual pass trip Saturday and we added the dining plan on this afternoon! :yay:

So last week I posted that I needed two nights at CSR 6/13 - 6/15. I got $109 for 6/14, but could only get $175 for 6/13 (AAA rate).

So today I called because I wanted to make sure I had paid for both nights. I usually reserve rooms through a TA, so I'm not completely familiar with CRO. The CM offered to look for an AP rate for 6/13 and put me on hold. Well......I got my first taste of pixie dust in a long while. She found me the $119 rate for 6/13. :wizard: She also linked the reservations into one!

I am very excited because I actually needed two rooms for each night, so this saved me a nice little chunk of change! :banana::banana::banana:

MEK that is great, I have found that checking regularly pays of since they tend to make rooms available in "bunches"

bookwormde

Let me apologize up front if this has been answered already.

I have two rooms booked at the POP for 8/16-8/22, free dining, tickets w/park hopper. Two adults and one child per room for $1503.01 - through AAA

With the room only pricing, am I better going through Disney and trying to book this? Would I still get free dining? Then where/how is the best way to purchase the park tickets?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I am so confused...where do you guys get the info about the AP discounts? Some of you seem to have gotten amazing rates on rooms!
We upgraded to AP's last week, but I haven't a clue where to find out about room discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter