AP Discount

I havent even booked my trip yet for 9/26-9/30. I know I can get one night with an AP discount but am waiting for the discounts to come out because my fiancee and I would like to stay at the Poly. We are getting free APs because we are having our wedding at Disney and this is the only chance we will get to be able to afford the Poly! I am now trying to rent DVC points at BLT instead because I am tired of waiting :( I want to stay at a monorail resort because we will have all our wedding planning stuff at the grand floridian that week.

More and more I'm frustrated with the way Disney treats AP holders.
"Captive audience, so who cares" seems to be the mindset. I have noticed it getting a little worse each year for about the past three.
Used to be that AP discounts came out before RO, GP, Visa etc. Now by the time the darn discount shows up, there won't be any rooms available anyway!

This is the reason we are not renewing. We have been AP holders for 4 years. The price increases along with the reduced discounts are just making it unaffordable for us. We only like to stay deluxe which adds to the problem. I was planning on buying AP's again next year, but not so sure anymore. We like DCL. It's actually cheaper for us to cruise then it is to go to WDW.

I was told that they always set aside rooms per each "special offer." Like for instance, if I try to look at certain resorts for our stay during the F&W for the general public there is no availability. But on the bounceback offer if I call, those same resorts have availability. I have found that to usually be true with the AP offers. Not really worried about if there will be a discount, it's just WHEN will that be????

I am pretty much giving up hope at this point. We are staying at BWI during F&W. There is no availability even with no discounts. We booked the GP offer for all but one of the nights. I have since made a reservation at POR for our first night. Our flight doesn't land until 3 so we will barely be in the room. Saving the difference for even that one night helps make up for not getting the extra 5% AP discount.

I am annoyed at the games though. I have three reservations but I can't cancel or change any of them until they release the AP discounts.

i for one am getting very annoyed with this stuff.. i need to book rooms for the two races this fall yet the AP rate isnt up yet.. i got an email with the dates but still cant book..

i for one am getting very annoyed with this stuff.. i need to book rooms for the two races this fall yet the AP rate isnt up yet.. i got an email with the dates but still cant book..

Ditto.
My biggest gripe is that the GP codes are coming out BEFORE the AP rates.
IMO, that is like a slap in the face to AP holders. Don't think I'll be renewing when my current AP is done

Ditto.
My biggest gripe is that the GP codes are coming out BEFORE the AP rates.
IMO, that is like a slap in the face to AP holders. Don't think I'll be renewing when my current AP is done

exactly i dont get the deal with that why would you want to upset the group that probably spends the most money at their resorts?... usually the AP discounts are up way ahead of when i need them, ive never had to wait like this before

exactly i dont get the deal with that why would you want to upset the group that probably spends the most money at their resorts?... usually the AP discounts are up way ahead of when i need them, ive never had to wait like this before

I'm with you guys, it's become laughable at this point. Unless they are holding back a decent amount of inventory, which I highly doubt, this discount is close to worthless.

yeah, would be nice to get AP rates out before GP rates. I've given up really. there's been nothing available for that darn 1st week of December with the GP rates. Had to go to Travelocity and book our trip - a split stay, which we love to do... but even then was still the only way to get certain nights. Up till last night we were going to be resortless our last 3 nights of the trip. And I know when AP comes out, availability will be nothing for that week also.

yeah, would be nice to get AP rates out before GP rates. I've given up really. there's been nothing available for that darn 1st week of December with the GP rates. Had to go to Travelocity and book our trip - a split stay, which we love to do... but even then was still the only way to get certain nights. Up till last night we were going to be resortless our last 3 nights of the trip. And I know when AP comes out, availability will be nothing for that week also.

I just did the same exact thing for our split stay in October. The deal I got from Travelocity is probably gonna be better than when the discounts do come out.

I don't understand why Disney is giving inventory to Travelocity, Expedia, etc. to sell at rates lower than they are selling rooms themselves. It is costing Disney more $$$ to give these discounts to these online mega TA's and they are upsetting their loyal AP holder's to boot! Sell inventory to Travelocity and even at a discount, but to charge more for rooms at the same resort for the same time period to customers booking directly with WDW?? Crazy!

Disney could easily have passed on that inventory to AP holders and then even GP at a discount instead and probably been in money! Where is the economic sense in this process? As one PP said, it is a kick in the teeth of loyal repeat customers! people who have spent, in many cases, most, if not all, their vacation dollars in WDW! Year after year!

I agree that the benefit of an AP is being lost. As a result, I probably won't renew again. Without an AP, my reason to make all vacations for the year in WDW is lost. Once this AP expires, instead of going back to WDW up to 4 times per year ( 1 - 2 weeks each visit), DH and I (as well and son and DIL and Daughter and SIL and families) are now looking to going to Europe (Italy, France, Spain) for 3- 4 weeks and perhaps Australia or New Zealand for 3 weeks. Not as relaxing as WDW, but the stress of getting affordable accommodations in WDW this fall is very off-putting to say the least. Add to that the lack of information on Polynesian construction and we are less than happy. You can book much nicer accommodations elsewhere for less money. There are many wonderful places to visit and i suppose it is time to start broadening our horizons when it comes to travel.

This thought saddens me, because I love the magic that WDW has provided my family for 40+ years. I have been going to WDW since the first year it opened. We will probably still go to WDW (one week per year) as well, but we may actually decide to stay off site. Sigh.....I remember saying that I wouldn't want to stay outside WDW ever again. The times, they are a changing.

But for this year......
SO incredibly Frustrated!! and still waiting.......

I understand why everyone is upset. I am anxiously waiting for the AP discount as well. But, my problem is why would disney offer discounts when most of the people on this thread have already booked? If they are filling up the rooms without giving the APers the discount, by their numbers, they don't need us. Three years ago, when the AP discount came out first, there obviously were enough rooms left to merit offering all of the other discounts very soon after. Now, it seems like they are waiting to see how many rooms they can fill before they release the AP discount. I don't book my room until the discounts come out. Maybe if everyone waited to book Disney would panic thinking they weren't going to fill the rooms and release the discount sooner. Sorry, that is MHO. :flower3:

I'm going first week of December too :thumbsup2. Inventory does seem low when checking the website. What resorts did you book through Travelocity? I booked BB for 11/30-12/4 at GF. I'm looking for AKL CL for the second part of our stay but no discount on that so I booked standard view.:( I really love AKL CL but I'm not paying rack :furious:. I booked Nov 29th at POR though Travelocity. With ebates and discount I got a great rate!

MinnieSummer said:
I understand why everyone is upset. I am anxiously waiting for the AP discount as well. But, my problem is why would disney offer discounts when most of the people on this thread have already booked? If they are filling up the rooms without giving the APers the discount, by their numbers, they don't need us. Three years ago, when the AP discount came out first, there obviously were enough rooms left to merit offering all of the other discounts very soon after. Now, it seems like they are waiting to see how many rooms they can fill before they release the AP discount. I don't book my room until the discounts come out. Maybe if everyone waited to book Disney would panic thinking they weren't going to fill the rooms and release the discount sooner. Sorry, that is MHO. :flower3:

I agree with you completely!!! The more rooms they have booked the less they need to put under discount because they know that people are booking with the knowlegde that they are willing to pay the rack rate. I was tempted to book before GPD but I waited for them to be released and now just waiting for AP to see whats offered. If they release them great if not I am ok with the GPD. But no renewing the pass for me.

I can see a release time of 2 to 4 months prior for AP discounts but its down to 30 days now. This is just a joke. They must really like having us standing on that edge waiting to fall.

Well, I see a couple of new promos added (golf, military) but no AP so I guess maybe next week.
Ugh.

Ugh again! I'm hoping for a discount for September 27 - 29, so with my luck it will be released on 9/27. LOL.

Oh well. Going one way or another but would much rather spend the money saved on the room on stuff in the parks. They will collect my money no matter how it works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter