AP Discount

We are thinking about taking a vacation to WDW the last of May or the first of June. We would be traveling with first timers if we go. I checked on Disney and the prices has gone up a lot in the past year or so. This would be my 5th time. I want to make this a great trip for the first timer's. We have always stayed on Disney property but I am considering something else this time. Does anyone know of some great discounts out there so we could stay at Disney instead of some other place. I have always got a really good deal going through Disney but if I could get a better deal through another company I would. Please HELP! Thank you. :confused:

Yesterday was my 45th day so full payment was due. Once I called to make payment, I talked to the CM about how surprised we were that the fall AP discount hadn't been released yet. And that was why I was waiting until the last minute to make payment. I was told that the AP discount was coming out on Sept 3 & that I could wait until then to apply the discount & make final payment. I would still have to pay the $50 fee since I was appying a discount withing the 45 day period that would decrease the cost of my package. I told her that I was concerned that my reservation would be cancelled if i didn't pay now. She said there was a grace period & since I would only be waiting a few days, I would be fine. I could have paid & once the discount comes out, apply it & receive credit back on my card (minus the $50 change fee) but I decided to go ahead & wait a few days. We are staying at Pop in Oct & the current general discount was 15%. I asked if she could see what the AP discount was for Values. She said it would be 20%. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Go 'Noles!

I see a winter20 discount for the dates I looked at, but there are different room categories to choose from and some say "standard room" and others say "Standard Room...Disney Resort Benefits". When I looked at the one with Disney Resort Benefits, the price is higher than through Disney. Also, when I first looked at it, I didn't put the kids in, just two adults. The room price went up a lot when I added the 2 kids, which is something I have never seen before. They are only 7 and 9 so not considered adults.

So, just look carefully before you book through them.

I was able to get the winter20 with resort benefits. I don't have any children going with me, just DH and I for 4days before moving to our timeshare at Bonnet Creek. No problem with dining reservations because I had a RO discount on my CSR room. I just canceled and everything looks good. I wonder what "Disney benefits " you wouldn't get. Transportation and EMH are available to everyone staying at the resort. dME is available by just calling that number.
Could be some room categories may not be eligible for Disneys RO discount so therefore are higher on Cheap Tickets. Anyway I saved money and got a Deluxe that is DH's favorite.

Yesterday was my 45th day so full payment was due. Once I called to make payment, I talked to the CM about how surprised we were that the fall AP discount hadn't been released yet. And that was why I was waiting until the last minute to make payment. I was told that the AP discount was coming out on Sept 3 & that I could wait until then to apply the discount & make final payment. I would still have to pay the $50 fee since I was appying a discount withing the 45 day period that would decrease the cost of my package. I told her that I was concerned that my reservation would be cancelled if i didn't pay now. She said there was a grace period & since I would only be waiting a few days, I would be fine. I could have paid & once the discount comes out, apply it & receive credit back on my card (minus the $50 change fee) but I decided to go ahead & wait a few days. We are staying at Pop in Oct & the current general discount was 15%. I asked if she could see what the AP discount was for Values. She said it would be 20%. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the update!

I really hope this CM is correct! Keeping fingers crossed for Tuesday then!:hourglass

Travelocity and Orbitz is the same price as Disney. it's just that those companies offer an offer code and its how they bring down the price.. But with no offer code it's the same price..

of course;)does anybody book thru those sites without one?

google-ing for current codes works well, always some sort of code out there.

I hope she was right on the date. AP discounts had better be more than the GP offer!

i'm waiting it out, im not giving in an booking at another rate.. worse case i just stay off site

If you're local, you have a lot more options that people that fly. I can't wait until the week before I leave to book a flight.

I have a room reserved under the GP offer now, but will be applying the AP rate once the darn thing is finally released.

If you're local, you have a lot more options that people that fly. I can't wait until the week before I leave to book a flight.

I have a room reserved under the GP offer now, but will be applying the AP rate once the darn thing is finally released.

Except for the fact that I think values will be 20% instead of 15 I don't think there's going to be any difference in the public discount and AP.
Maybe villas will be 35% instead of 30. There is a small chance that moderates will be 25% instead of 20. That's part of what ticks me off... We will all wait and wait and talk about it and talk about it and it's not going to be any great deal.
I don't think the days of 40% off deluxe are coming back...ever.

If it does come out on Tuesday, does anyone know what time it will be? Would you just call in or would the website be a better option?

I think that it is as soon as they open. 7 am EST!

You can call or go online if you have your AP online. I just have the voucher until I get there so I have to call, as far as I know.

Except for the fact that I think values will be 20% instead of 15 I don't think there's going to be any difference in the public discount and AP.
Maybe villas will be 35% instead of 30. There is a small chance that moderates will be 25% instead of 20. That's part of what ticks me off... We will all wait and wait and talk about it and talk about it and it's not going to be any great deal.
I don't think the days of 40% off deluxe are coming back...ever.

You are probably right! I miss the 40% off! You don't mention deluxe resorts - I am hoping for at least 35% off for deluxe with AP. With the high rack rate, 35% off is still a lot of money!

Hoping for Tuesday...at least then we'll know!

Go 'Noles!

I see a winter20 discount for the dates I looked at, but there are different room categories to choose from and some say "standard room" and others say "Standard Room...Disney Resort Benefits". When I looked at the one with Disney Resort Benefits, the price is higher than through Disney. Also, when I first looked at it, I didn't put the kids in, just two adults. The room price went up a lot when I added the 2 kids, which is something I have never seen before. They are only 7 and 9 so not considered adults.

So, just look carefully before you book through them.

Ok, I think my dates don't fall in the winter20 timeframe. Just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing something.
Soooooo, if I got a better rate without putting my 2 kids in, but then they actually came with me, what would happen? Just out of curiosity's sake? Would I have to pay additionally at check in?

If it does come out on Tuesday, does anyone know what time it will be? Would you just call in or would the website be a better option?

7am is when most ADR's and such come out for disney im not sure if discounts are the same...

the other time to keep an eye on is 3am because thats when a lot of websites update (12am on the west coast)

Ok, I think my dates don't fall in the winter20 timeframe. Just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing something.
Soooooo, if I got a better rate without putting my 2 kids in, but then they actually came with me, what would happen? Just out of curiosity's sake? Would I have to pay additionally at check in?

I don't know. I've never heard of children changing the room rate. Between that and the with/without Disney Resort Benefits, it is too weird for me! I'm going to stick with booking through Disney.

So, if the rates come out on Tuesday the 3rd, and the AP rate was 20% for values, could we be expecting everything to be 5% more than the GP discount? Or might they do like they did in 2011 and offer a higher discount for the first week (I think it was 40%) and then drop it down 5%? That would be nice.

So, if the rates come out on Tuesday the 3rd, and the AP rate was 20% for values, could we be expecting everything to be 5% more than the GP discount? Or might they do like they did in 2011 and offer a higher discount for the first week (I think it was 40%) and then drop it down 5%? That would be nice.

Fingers crossed!!!

7am is when most ADR's and such come out for disney im not sure if discounts are the same...

the other time to keep an eye on is 3am because thats when a lot of websites update (12am on the west coast)

Thanks for the info. I was wondering when the website would update if it would come out on Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter