Anyone exposed over Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adult GS woke up this morning with a headache and feeling tired. Slept off and on all day. He started running a high fever this evening, has a bad headache, a cough and says he’s never felt as bad as he does now. Home test shows positive.

We did not gather with family on Christmas. DD and I will test in a couple of days. Hopefully we can avoid it.

Unfortunately, DH came home from work early today with symptoms. His exposure was most likely working Christmas Eve with it being extremely crowded with wall to wall customers as it was just the 4 of us for Christmas Eve/Christmas. DH is a man that has one achoo, okay I'm all better, and never gets sick. While the rest of us are suffering because he brought it home to us.

He said it started with headache, nose pressure, was feeling really tired. Then came home with sore throat, started running a fever with big time chills. He went to bed early under a mountain of blankets wearing a hoodie sweatshirt and flannel pj pants. Going to home test him in the morning. If he's positive that only puts the 3 of us 12 weeks post fully vaxed with the exception of Youngest at 7 weeks post fully vaxed.

I'm fully vaccinated, DH is vaccinated and boosted. I tested positive on Christmas night, but now realize my symptoms probably started the evening of the 23rd (post nasal drip and endlessly runny nose) but thought it was my usual sinus-stuff going on. We'd been traveling... flew to NOLA on 12/18, then on to Orlando on 12/22, home on 12/25. I started feeling really, really bad about half-way home. Tested at the airport and was positive. DH was negative. He tested again this morning and is still negative. I, on the other hand, am still sick. My temp went below 100F earlier today but is back up now. Headache, terrible cough, feel like I've been hit by a bus. Ironically we have testing appointments for 12/29; being as we'd been traveling, I'd booked tests for our return, "just to be sure" we weren't exposed. HAHAHA.

Yes and I am not happy. Last week I had a sore throat, nasal stuff so did the prudent thing and got tested. Got results back Friday that were negative (I was feeling better by then). We went to my son's/dil house for Christmas with my other son and oldest daughter that is paralyzed. My other daughter and her boyfriend weren't feeling well (sounded like what I had) so they stayed home-got their test today but won't be back until Wednesday. I get a call Sunday that my dil felt ill late Christmas night and did a home test that came up positive. Since she works as a surgical nurse for Sutter, they did their test this morning and it is positive. I am trying to book another test with Kaiser but they won't let me since I just had one last week. My son that lives with me is getting one Wednesday and I have to drive my oldest daughter to a drive through tomorrow. I was suppose to get my booster tomorrow but since I was exposed, that will now be delayed. It was delayed in November due to a Kaiser strike causing back logs. My son that lives with me is not feeling well but his sounds more intestinal. We all three have to come back negative as my daughter has home health nurses in daily. I found out later dil had an employee party Thursday and now another surgical tech and phys assist are positive

OP here….no symptoms yet from any of us including my 82 year old dad and my sister and her family of 5. My bil and nephew were still feeling pretty lousy yesterday. We have some at home tests and will take one on Thursday which will be 5 days after exposure. Luckily, we are all home and just hanging out this week anyway so won’t be making anyone else sick along the way.

saw that Omicron is a lot more contagious than Delta, and Delta was extremely contagious. South Africa (where Omicron was discovered) thinks Omicron does not cause severe disease as often. South Africa has 26.6% fully vaccinated.

There are also a couple of respiratory viruses going around that are not COVID-19.

I have chronic sinusitis so I have symptoms ALL THE TIME. I test if I have unusual ones.

We have 17 ppl at work currently out, (339 total since they started tracking cases here). So I've def been exposed here. I am 100% sure that right after they adopt the new guidelines for quarantine, that is when I will get it. My kids have both been sick since xmas eve, but tested negative and no fever, so I'm guessing just a normal cold.

saw that Omicron is a lot more contagious than Delta, and Delta was extremely contagious. South Africa (where Omicron was discovered) thinks Omicron does not cause severe disease as often. South Africa has 26.6% fully vaccinated.

There are also a couple of respiratory viruses going around that are not COVID-19.

I have chronic sinusitis so I have symptoms ALL THE TIME. I test if I have unusual ones.
There is more to this and I advise you to look more into the SA situation. I will not say more here because I don’t want the thread shut down.

Daughter and I tested positive the Monday before Christmas so we cancelled all our holiday plans. I'm pretty sure my mom had it the week before me because she said she was pretty sick but never got tested. My husband had it in November but didn't get it this time. Out of my brother's family of four, two of them had it in November. I'm convinced everyone at the office has/had it but no one else is getting tested. Thankfully no one had it bad enough to go to the hospital.

DH just got out of isolation with covid today. DS19 and I were around him for 2 days before symptoms and 5 days once they started because he felt sure it was a cold. DS and I both tested negative on day 5 after he was sick, day 11 and we are still fine, knock on wood.

At this rate? Probably. I was positive (vaxxed not boostered) at Thanksgiving but my immediate family all tested negative 5 days later (after I was in isolation). Luckily I got tested the day before Thanksgiving, so we cancelled. Just waiting to hear someone at Christmas is now positive.

My husband went to visit his elderly parents and step brother on Sunday as a holiday visit. He wore a surgical mask. His father is now sick, they are saying cold like symptoms. We are in Northeast Ohio so finding a test here at all is difficult. Their doctors office told them they are not testing and to assume its covid and quarantine. Gosh, im sorry for everyone not feeling well or having their lives disrupted. I am so glad my husband wore his surgical mask. (we are all vaccinated/boosted)

Our family was exposed on Christmas. My ILs went to a different holiday party or gathering on every day leading up to Christmas, even though warned to take precautions. We saw them earlier last week, before all of their parties. On Christmas Day, FIL woke up with a “cold” and not feeling well. They were advised by us and other family to stay home and test. They did not because they “knew” it was not Covid (eye roll) and didn’t want to miss out on Christmas. They came to the gathering at SIL’s house but some other family members, including us, opted not to attend. There were some not-so-nice words expressed for those who decided not to attend. FIL was full-blown sick the next day, waited 3 hours for a test, and was positive. So was MIL but she was asymptomatic (although her symptoms started the next day). Turns out all 8 attendees at one party got Covid and multiple family members at another party they attended on Xmas Eve tested positive. Now the rest of the family is on pins and needles due to the exposure. We tested ourselves and are negative (but we think they became infectious after they saw us). ILs are vaccinated but not boosted. Just a very disappointing situation all around.

Our family was exposed on Christmas. My ILs went to a different holiday party or gathering on every day leading up to Christmas, even though warned to take precautions. We saw them earlier last week, before all of their parties. On Christmas Day, FIL woke up with a “cold” and not feeling well. They were advised by us and other family to stay home and test. They did not because they “knew” it was not Covid (eye roll) and didn’t want to miss out on Christmas. They came to the gathering at SIL’s house but some other family members, including us, opted not to attend. There were some not-so-nice words expressed for those who decided not to attend. FIL was full-blown sick the next day, waited 3 hours for a test, and was positive. So was MIL but she was asymptomatic (although her symptoms started the next day). Turns out all 8 attendees at one party got Covid and multiple family members at another party they attended on Xmas Eve tested positive. Now the rest of the family is on pins and needles due to the exposure. We tested ourselves and are negative (but we think they became infectious after they saw us). ILs are vaccinated but not boosted. Just a very disappointing situation all around.

Wow, that's unbelievable, really. I just don't get the denial of people and pushing themselves on others. It's like, if you're oen of the "careful" people, you're just bullied all the time but the risk takers.

Youngest DD boyfriend’s sister came home from college with it so she was avoiding seeing him. Then my DD came home from college and had some muscle aches the next day. Felt fine before bedtime but I thought she should test before Xmas. She didn’t have any other symptoms and woke up completely fine the next day. She tested positive so we all stayed home for Xmas. She never even had a sniffle or anything besides the quick aches but later found out she had some close contacts at school before she left. Everyone is vaxxed and I’m boosted. We are 7 days in and so far all negative. Hoping it stays that way! So many are testing positive but symptoms are light if anything. DD wanted a friend to come over on her way home but we said no let’s try to get thru Xmas. All these things we tried to avoid and we got exposed anyway. Oh well. I am greatful for minimal symptoms!

It was a 4 hour wait for DH to get tested. He got the swab throat test done. It's a 24 hour turnaround for test results. Nurse told him if his home test was positive, it's 100% positive he has Covid and to treat himself and us as so. Used the BinaxNow home test. Got home and kids aren't feeling good. I'm starting to feel it. We're all now in isolation mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter