Anyone exposed over Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a 4 hour wait for DH to get tested. He got the swab throat test done. It's a 24 hour turnaround for test results. Nurse told him if his home test was positive, it's 100% positive he has Covid and to treat himself and us as so. Used the BinaxNow home test. Got home and kids aren't feeling good. I'm starting to feel it. We're all now in isolation mode.
Sorry to hear. Hope you are all feeling better quickly.

Omicron is much more contagious than previous variants. It’s exploding in my province ( 10,000 cases per day and we are doubling our numbers every 2-3 days). I went the entire pandemic not knowing anyone personally that had Covid it but in the last two weeks I know many people who have it or who are isolating due to exposure. My own son had to isolate and test due to school exposure. He ended up being negative. Our testing capabilities are completely overwhelmed in our province as well.

I’m vaccinated and boosted ( as of yesterday ) and I’ve accepted I’ll probably get it at some point. But I work doing daycare and we all just had the worst RSV infection that literally went on since the end of November. It was the worst. So I’m not excited to get sick again, but this one seems unavoidable.

Omicron is much more contagious than previous variants. It’s exploding in my province ( 10,000 cases per day and we are doubling our numbers every 2-3 days). I went the entire pandemic not knowing anyone personally that had it and in the last two weeks I know many people who have it or who are isolating due to exposure. Our testing capabilities are completely overwhelmed.
It truly is. Here in Massachusetts, our positivity rate is now over 11%. Seems like everyone is going to get it at some point.

Not exposed yet...but only because DH and I have been ultra careful so we could spend Christmas Eve with one set of elderly compromised parents....and Christmas Day with the other set of parents. We'd planned on doing the same for NY Eve and NY Day but have decided it's too risky. Out of all of us, I'm the one who is out in community. And while I am wearing a KN-95 everywhere I need to be at this point, we just feel it's too risky. I have lost count of all of the other family members, extended frailly, friends and customers who have covid right now. I saw a line snaking outside a local family pharmacy today....because word got out that they had testing availability. At least 50 people outside waiting to get inside. I witnessed several of those people coughing their heads off. It's just a sea of covid in my part of NJ.....hoping it moves through quickly as some reports/experts suggest that it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter