Anyone exposed over Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, we are dealing with this too. My DS came down with a cough at work the day after Christmas. He started feeling feverish in the night, and tested positive via home kit this afternoon.

(I'm in the process of finding out what to do next.)

He had worn a mask as a precaution at my in-laws on Christmas, and most everyone there is vaccinated and boosted, but he is still worried he might have exposed them. 🙁
I’m so sorry. I hope he feels better soon and your family doesn’t catch it.

Well, my son was exposed on his birthday 12/21. Person was symptomatic but had a negative rapid. Day later she took a PCR and positive result for that. My son started feeling ill on Christmas Eve. Mainly a sore throat. But it's a bad sore throat. He got tested yesterday and got a negative PCR result back today. He is now being tested for strep but he more than likely just has some other throat infection which is typical for him about once a year.

Yes. Just minutes before arriving to our destination they had gotten the call that a baby in the family just tested positive. 4 of the people were with the baby the previous weekend. Then on Christmas Day my son’s coworker tested positive. And today another positive in his office.

Not that I know. Had a great time. So far so good.
:goodvibes Same here. We've had people in and been to events but there are sensible restrictions currently in place and we follow them all to a T - both in public and private. Although I don't currently know anybody who is positive, Omicron is roaring through the city.

Possibly.

My stepsister had covid in early September. Roughly 10 days before Christmas her boyfriend who she lives in a 1 bedroom apartment with, tested positive with nothing more than a headache. She tested negative times over the next 5 days so she drove home. A week after her exposure to her bf she tested one more time, before our grandfather came down. Apparently that test was 2 in 1? The rapid came back negative so she thought she was good to go. I saw her Christmas day and yesterday (5 or 6 days after the test) she got a call that the PCR portion came back abnormal. On a scale of 1-5 the result was a 3 essentially.

So...is it an actual positive? Is it picking up the signs of her Covid case in September? We don't know.

Fortunately everyone that was at mom's over these last few days is double vaccinated and most are boosted. So now we wait.

We are hanging on by a thread at day care - so many cases. I am trying to keep my teen from getting exposed as he is flying to Miami for the Orange Bowl. He (and his whole band) are testing tomorrow. We'll be heartbroken if it's a positive and he misses out.

Prayers to all of you that are either sick, have a family member sick or both. This is a terrible time.

My DD18 just called me from her work (she works a softball and baseball training facility - it’s where she’s always trained) and said all the instructors but one has COVID (I think there’s 7 instructors) All the teams today cancelled due to COVID. All the individual people, except 3, that booked hitting and pitching lanes all cancelled due to COVID. Her boss told her to shut the place down an hour early.

So many people I know have it - it’s unbelievable.

Prayers to all of you that are either sick, have a family member sick or both. This is a terrible time.

My DD18 just called me from her work (she works a softball and baseball training facility - it’s where she’s always trained) and said all the instructors but one has COVID (I think there’s 7 instructors) All the teams today cancelled due to COVID. All the individual people, except 3, that booked hitting and pitching lanes all cancelled due to COVID. Her boss told her to shut the place down an hour early.

So many people I know have it - it’s unbelievable.
It is crazy! I think it is only a matter of time before most people get it. Funny thing is we were away with my brother in October for a long weekend at their ski condo. Half of his family tested positive but myself, dh and sil never got it. Hoping our luck still holds. Stay healthy everyone!

Did these people that are getting Covid get the booster? Just wondering cuz most of my family members that were around have been fully vaccinated which I think means (now) having gotten the booster, also.

Did these people that are getting Covid get the booster? Just wondering cuz most of my family members that were around have been fully vaccinated which I think means (now) having gotten the booster, also.
I'll just point out that getting vaccinated, as well as receiving the booster, does not mean you won't get COVID. It just means you may have milder symptoms or be asymptomatic.

Not that I know of. Older DD was here last week so flew on a plane, visited friends and went to a concert. We went and saw “No Way Home” (my first time in a movie theater in two years) on her last day here -the 17th- and she got another plane. Other than dropping a package off Monday the kids and I haven’t been anywhere since. DH has been working. I do not know if the guy he works with had family for the holidays or not. I would think not since they are the same shift and both had to work Christmas Eve/Day. One works inside, the other outside so, *knock wood* the risk is low.

Older DD’s friends (the ones she visited with) posted on Christmas that they are holed up in their apartment because all the other friends are positive. We’re ten days out from those visits so clear there.

Thanksgiving most of the people we were around tested positive we did not. Those that were vaccinated nothing more than flu symptoms if that, the un-vaccinated pretty sick no one went to the hospital. So I consider it life. We always have been careful especially around the holidays and when we hear about upticks . We have to learn to live with Covid it's not completely going away.

My sister got her booster, but it was in early November. Just about 7 weeks before she was exposed.

I read that the antibodies from the booster only work against omicron for about 10 weeks, declining steadily from 2 weeks post booster to week 10. So, its not super helpful in preventing symptomatic infection with omicron. It holds up better against Delta.

I got the booster and have Covid. Does not prevent infection, but the severity is much less. Very low risk of hospitalization. Definitely have symptoms though. Feels like a bad cold.

Not that I know. Had a great time. So far so good.
Us too!
Today was our Booster day. Xmas day was 8 of us all but three of us had pending boosters. Only two tested before that day, both negative obviously
We were outside most of the day and at dinner inside with all doors and windows open.. what a Beautiful day.

My sister got her booster, but it was in early November. Just about 7 weeks before she was exposed.

I read that the antibodies from the booster only work against omicron for about 10 weeks, declining steadily from 2 weeks post booster to week 10. So, its not super helpful in preventing symptomatic infection with omicron. It holds up better against Delta.
Sounds like a bi-monthly regimen will be appropriate.

Aaand my young niece (9) just woke up today with symptoms and her rapid test was positive. Family is still waiting for their PCR results but it is obvious they are infected at this point. Kids won't be going anywhere this week or next. She was just completely vaccinated as of 3 weeks ago. Guess this variant is no match for a full, recent course of vaccine in kids either.

Last edited:
I doubt it. I know I test on Wednesday last week and was negative. I only saw my parents and my daughters (one who lives with me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter