Anyone exposed over Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
We were! Uggh. Bound to happen at some point I guess. We had 15 people here total. We were all vaccinated and boostered. No symptoms at all. Had an awesome Christmas Day. Yesterday morning my brother in law calls us. Both him and my nephew woke up with fevers and aches and sore throat. Both took a home test and were positive instantly. Of course, they were the last to leave at 11:30pm. So we were with them literally all day.

So far the rest of us are feeling fine. Keeping our fingers crossed and just staying home. Will test after 4 or 5 days with a couple home tests we have. I hate Covid!😁

Anyone else come into contact with anyone over Christmas?

We may have been :( DD's BF (vaccinated and boostered) came to see her last week and tested positive yesterday. She came to our house on Wed afternoon and she thinks she was exposed Wed evening. We tested ourselves with home tests and we're all negative and without symptoms.

We're supposed to have my cousin and his family over in 2 days and he just finished up with chemo. I hate that we will have to cancel.

Not that we’ve heard, but I wouldn’t be shocked either. We saw the in-laws on Christmas Eve and everybody was vaccinated, half boosted and most of us tested prior to gathering. But we know nothing is foolproof.

We may have been :( DD's BF (vaccinated and boostered) came to see her last week and tested positive yesterday. She came to our house on Wed afternoon and she thinks she was exposed Wed evening. We tested ourselves with home tests and we're all negative and without symptoms.

We're supposed to have my cousin and his family over in 2 days and he just finished up with chemo. I hate that we will have to cancel.
Sorry to hear. I did read that you need to wait 3-5 days after exposure to test for results to be accurate. Just in case you weren’t aware of that. Hope you all stay healthy!

Not that we know of. Our groups were all vaxxed and boosted

But our urgicare clinics were full with hours long waits yesterday. Son works in ER and after a quiet Christmas Day, they had a very busy day after with double the patients of a normal day.

Our state reported a 5 day total of 7,400 new cases. A ridiculously high jump from December 21st.

A son needed a TB test for a new job this week and the clinic he went to at opening today had 2 suspected Covid patients waiting in the car for testing. And 7 other patients were in line at 8 am when he got there this morning.

Back to rigorous masking and precautions.

We were - just before Christmas Day. My husband first, then me and then our eldest son & his girlfriend. Both myself & my son took rapid test that came back negative and we were feeling just fine - no symptoms. We both got PCR tests later in the day - 2 days both positive. Both of us got symptoms about 12 hours after the PCR tests came back. Everybody seemed to experience something a little different, which was interesting when we compared notes.
All of us double vaccinated (combo of Pfizer & Moderna), one of us had the booster.

Not that I know of yet. One of my nieces and one of my nephews (different households) tested negative Christmas Eve. Niece tested because she was contact traced at school. She had no symptoms and has been vaccinated, but not booster eligible yet. Nephew woke up with a fever, but no known contacts. He was just shy of two weeks with his second shot.

Must have been sometime just before Christmas. Started feeling some symptoms Christmas Eve which I thought were allergies. Full blown symptoms by the day after Christmas, got a PCR and tested positive. Just 3 of us in the house and all 3 fully vaccinated and 2 with boosters (including me). We are all positive. Avoided it for 2 years until now.

My wife is recovering, infected about 10 days ago. She is vaxed, not boosted. She is doing pretty well. I am still good. We will do home rapid tests tomorrow, PCR's on Wednesday at an IDPH site.

Wow, so many positives!! Wishing everyone well.

My sister and my brother-in-law were. their son-in-law, who visited with their daughter and their kids Christmas Day came down sick yesterday and tested positive. She's waiting to see if she feels ill. Luckily, she's working from home this week. She's just gotten over a bout of Covid a couple of months ago, is vaxxed and boosted. So hopefully she'll be able to ward it off.

My husband and I managed to dodge quite a few bullets - informed we were in close contact w people who tested positive around the 14th, quarantined at home and tested multiple times (all negative) before safely gathering with my side of the family for Christmas Eve. Get a call Christmas Day that his BIL tested positive and his whole family had been together for several days - we masked and socially distanced (like 10 feet) outside to exchange gifts with them and we’ve been feeling totally fine. Will continue to isolate at home for the next week - nowhere to go anyway!

Knock on wood….we haven’t been
My mom has a heart procedure on January 5th, so we’ve all been ultra careful so we bring no COVID in the house since she was with us on Christmas Day and will be NYE.
DH, myself and both sets of parents have had all 3 shots.
DD18 has had both shots and will get the booster in March (6 months from shot #2)

Nope, because we didn't see anyone.

My sister was exposed Wednesday and got a positive rapid test yesterday. Her kids were supposed to come down yesterday to stay with my other sister for several days to celebrate my nephews birthday and we were supposed to go there today to do so. That's been postponed now while they await PCR results on the whole family. If the rapid test was correct, no one in my sister's family is going anywhere this week and we will celebrate with my nephew later this week instead. They are holding out hope that the rapid test was a false positive, but I doubt it because my sister was exposed last week with someone who has since tested positive. And my sister has symptoms. My nephew is super bummed because he was looking forward to his cousins staying over all this week.

Not that I know of yet.Some peopel did stay away due to being positive, but a few others came - no reason to believe at this time that they were exposed or anything so seems okay for now.

Sorry to hear. I did read that you need to wait 3-5 days after exposure to test for results to be accurate. Just in case you weren’t aware of that. Hope you all stay healthy!

Thank you. We tested on day 3 and will test again tomorrow just to be sure. Both my daughter and her best friend were vaccinated, and boosted within the last 2 weeks. Her best friend is asymptomatic. She only tested because she was a close contact of someone who tested positive.

Sadly, we are dealing with this too. My DS came down with a cough at work the day after Christmas. He started feeling feverish in the night, and tested positive via home kit this afternoon.

(I'm in the process of finding out what to do next.)

He had worn a mask as a precaution at my in-laws on Christmas, and most everyone there is vaccinated and boosted, but he is still worried he might have exposed them. 🙁

We were exposed at Thanksgiving so we cancelled seeing anyone for Christmas. We went nowhere and one person came and dropped off a gift for our son. They left it in the garage and when they left we went out and got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter