• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody Looked At Mousesavers This Morning

I dont know what to do, HELP. I currantly have a reservation at the GF, Lagoon view, 5 nights in Dec., no package, passes bought through ticket mania 10 day hopper no expiration, but cannot get the new discount, I can get 5 nights at Old Key West, Studio room, 5 day hopper with dining for about 200.00 cheaper than GF, using my already bought tickets without dining.

I know it is a lot cheaper going the OKW package, but this would be our first time at the GF and at Christmas time. I guess I will see what hubby wants to do.

Shastie said:
Just called the phone number listed above - they informed me that yes, we could change our reservation to include the discount but that since we were booked with a TA, the TA had to do it. I told him that our TA is telling us that when she calls they tell her that our resort is full and therefore there are no discounts available. He said that could be true, but she should keep trying. So no luck for us. I'm bummed! :sad1:
But a look on the bright side :flower: , we ARE going to DW, ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo we DID get rooms in the resort that we wanted, :cheer2: and we are celebrating :banana: our parents 50th along with Disney's 50th so let the fun begin!

Shastie, I feel really bad for you and disappointed in the travel agent. ( I was one for 15 years! :rolleyes: ) Please, try to get a manager at the agency to listen to you and work on rebooking the reservation at the discounted rate. I still have friends who are travel agents and they work their butts off for their commission on ANY trip, big or small. I hope you are able to get what you want and most of all ENJOY your trip.

cheerbop said:
It is Pop Warner there, which is football AND cheerleaders. ALSO, isn't this during the same timeframe as the "Mousefest". I know ALOT of people are expected for that.

These both may be reasons why..??

What's the Mousefest???

Gerweniel said:
Shastie, I feel really bad for you and disappointed in the travel agent. ( I was one for 15 years! :rolleyes: ) Please, try to get a manager at the agency to listen to you and work on rebooking the reservation at the discounted rate. I still have friends who are travel agents and they work their butts off for their commission on ANY trip, big or small. I hope you are able to get what you want and most of all ENJOY your trip.

But if the resort is sold out there isn't anything the manager can do unless something does open up, dates are changed or a different resort that does have availability is chosen

Shastie said:
I give up on my TA - Won't use one again! I am going to try to call Disney myself to see if I can get the discount on our already booked trip. There are now 67 pages on this thread and although I've looked can someone give me the correct phone number to call? Wish me luck and lots of pixie dust!

When are you going, where are you staying? A lot of resorts were already sold out before the discount came out for certain dates. It may just be that your TA can't get it for you because nothing is there. Do you have a room only or a package? The room only discounts are only available until November 23

Know all your facts before blaming someone. If there really is availability then I would push your TA or get a manager on the phone

I don't know what code discount to ask for? I have already paid in full for CBR Oct21-29 with Magic Your Way Premium tickets. Is BJV just for room only ressie??? And YQE is if you have dining??

My neighbor is booked Dec6-13, I think used BJV, got a credit of $350 and so they added dining to their package with the savings. I don't know how they got the discount for the whole time, some of their dates aren't included.

What do I ask for when I call?? My head hurts!!!!

ChrisAlli said:
I don't know what code discount to ask for? I have already paid in full for CBR Oct21-29 with Magic Your Way Premium tickets. Is BJV just for room only ressie??? And YQE is if you have dining??

My neighbor is booked Dec6-13, I think used BJV, got a credit of $350 and so they added dining to their package with the savings. I don't know how they got the discount for the whole time, some of their dates aren't included.

What do I ask for when I call?? My head hurts!!!!

Thought I would help out you out since you are my Bucks County neighbor!!! I'm in Langhorne, BTW :)

If it's a package without dining use code YQC, if it's with dining it would be code YQE. Hope this helps!

Amy

Just thought I would let you know I got this from the Mousesavers website.

OK, I finally tried to get a ressie with the new savings code from mousesavers. So here is what I got. Dec 18, for 8 nights, with 9 day park hoppers, plus dining at Pop Century, for 1477.00, this is for DW and I since DS is only 2. Is this a good deal?

I'm so happy! Steamboat Girlie called me this morning talking up the new package and then I fell into the Disney abyss. I called Disney and was able to switch from the room only AAA discount to the Magic Your Way Plus Dining Package at Caribbean Beach for an additional $260. OMG!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Can someoneone please help....I'm about to book my package for Dec. 2006 with AAA. If a special comes out like this again next year will I be able to apply the discount ( I know there has to be availability)? If I'm thinking of doing this is it better just to book with Disney direct. Anyone know what the benefits of booking with AAA are this year? So far the agent has told me it's a free appetizer at Planet Hollywood, preferred seating at fireworks show, and a coupon book. Anybody know of any other perks of possibly paying more but going with AAA?

huskies90 said:
FYI – I had a room only booked 11/24 – 12/3. I called and I was able to apply the code for then entire stay including the black out but I decided to keep my room only ressie with AAA discount. Although I wanted the dining plan, I didn’t want to give up my standard AKL room. I am doing a split stay with a standard POR and then moving to a Standard AKL. There were no standard rooms available for those dates at either resort and although I would have saved a few bucks, I didn’t want to stay at CBR this trip.

huskies90 said:
Well, a lot of work but I think I got it. First off, HUGE thanks to Lanny at Disney Reservations. I was on the phone with her for over an hour trying different combos. For those that use a TA, I highly doubt they give that much of an effort. Yeah, they can apply codes to a package but only you know what will work out best for you.

OK, we had AAA room only rates for a 9 night split stay POR standard and then AKL standard starting 11/24. I wanted the package so I could get the dining plan. When I called the first time there was no way to get AKL standard and they did not have POR available either. I tried back later to ask if I could just switch my existing room only to the package. That can’t be done either. Lanny worked out a bunch of different combos and found that my arrival day of Thanksgiving was screwing up the availability. So, I ended up using my AAA rate for POR for just the first night 11/24, then going to a four day package with dining and an 8 day ticket then switching to AKL using my existing AAA discount. We will be arriving around dinner time on 11/24 and not planning on hitting a park so this works out fine with the tix. So, I got a better discount for the POR part, 4 days of the dining package (better than nothing) and got to keep my AKL standard room which is what I really wanted. All in all it is hard to tell how much I saved because of the dining variable but based on my calculations and what we would have spent on food, it is about $315.

Worth the effort!!

:cool1:

Hi everyone!! Just for an update, I checked disney.com today and a standard room is NOW AVAILABLE at POR for 11/24. I was able to switch again to get the whole first half the stay on the package and an extra day of the meal plan and a little even better discount.

So, FYI, keep checking the site, it is possible something you might be looking for pops up.

:banana:

lkohawaii said:
Can someoneone please help....I'm about to book my package for Dec. 2006 with AAA. If a special comes out like this again next year will I be able to apply the discount ( I know there has to be availability)? If I'm thinking of doing this is it better just to book with Disney direct. Anyone know what the benefits of booking with AAA are this year? So far the agent has tole me it's a free apetizer at Planet Hollywood, preferred seating at fireworks show, and a coupon book. Anybody know of any other perks of possibly paying more but going with AAA?

My AAA region office offers a perk for Disney bookings reserved in JANUARY. I think it was 25 Disney Dollars this past year. You might want to ask if your office might do the same.

ChrisAlli, We are going to POR 10/23-10/29. I too was already paid in full. I called yesterday and told them I saw this new deal on the internet and asked if I could apply it to my exsisting reservation (6day/7ngt por w/magic your way tickets w/park hopper no dining). I used Code YQD from the disney site and got a discount of $363.72 minus a $50 change fee. So I will be getting a credit of $313.72 on my credit card. Good luck. Keep trying and lets hope for great weather! :cool1:

:cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cool1: :cool1: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: After hearing all the commotion about the new Disney codes, I was anxious to see if I could save some money on our upcoming *PAID IN FULL* trip 11/29 - 12/6. We were booked for 7 nights/8 days at ASMo - Pref Room - 3Adults - MYW + Pk Hppr + Plus Pack + Dining for $2299. Also there was going to be an additional ?$70? charge for a requested fridge to be placed in our room totaling $2370. With the YQE code we could not get the discount added to our current resort, but the CM did give us the option of the same package with code at ASSp for 2069.82 - Pref Rm - (or 1968.76 Standard Rm) SAVINGS = $230 - $330
or she gave us the option of upgrading to a moderate resort POR with the same package for $2441.80 Waterview or 2324.80 Standard. Seeing as how POR was my husband's first choice in the first place (only booked Value so we could afford to add Dining and shows), we booked the upgrade to POR Standard for ONLY $25 more! And now we get a fridge in the room to boot at no additional charge!! So it's like we're getting a free upgrade and a $50 rebate!! We are soooooo happy!! Only 56 days to go!!!!!!

What a great deal!!! I hope Disney decides August 2006 is a great time for some great discounts for us!!! Congratualtions :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I went to the website today and noticed they opened up more rooms. We weren't able to book POP before, but today we can. Saved $100!

Lorikr65 said:
I went to the website today and noticed they opened up more rooms. We weren't able to book POP before, but today we can. Saved $100!

Or there were cancellations. That's why it pays to keep looking if your resort hasn't been available it might be later.

Booked on-line for POR 11/5 - 11/12. Have called several times to try and get some kind of a discount. Can't get anything. Has anyone else had any luck?

I keep checking... The dates we'll be at AKL (Dec 3-8) seem to all be available but the 4th!

Hoping that the 4th opens up in the next little while, we'd save about $200.

Skybaby said:
Booked on-line for POR 11/5 - 11/12. Have called several times to try and get some kind of a discount. Can't get anything. Has anyone else had any luck?
I actually switched our POR ressies for 11/5-11/12 over to Pop Century. There was no discount available for our exact dates, so we applied the code to POP and are saving $755!!!! :cool1: When you think about it, if you are paying reg price for your tickets, reg price for dining plan, and the only discount is on the room: We are paying $45 per night for the room
2 ad, 1 jr, 1 ch, 7 nts, 7 day hoppers, meal plan for 3ad 1 ch = $2,092
:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter