• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody Looked At Mousesavers This Morning

KeepSwimming said:
Am new to this MYW thing....and (shocker) am realllllly confused.

I am an AP holder and have a trip booked for Dec 9 - 18 at ASMovies. We are paying $600.00 for 9 nights. Obviously MYW does not appeal to us because our tickets are paid for. Am I missing something? Is there a deal here and I'm missing it?

Kinda feel like Disney is sticking it to AP holders....Best Rate seems like our only benefit? Is that right?

Try this...
I was playing around with some dates, etc. online and I noticed something -
if you go to WDW's website the room only offer is still more expensive than the other offer with tickets!?! Makes no sense!!!

You can book the offer with tickets, but change the pass to a one day with NO options such as park hopping (make sure you clear them off).

This offer is still cheaper with the one day base pass thrown in. Just use your AP with it.

Here's what I came up with - minus the one day pass - Pop was 54.22 a night! Doing room only deal it was 99.24 a night! What?!?

Also, make sure you notice if they automatically added on a more expensive view. Sometimes you have to go back and change it to standard and it will take some off.

Hope this helps you!

Shan- Thanks for you help! I played with the numbers as well and found the results EXTREMELY inconsistent as well. I think I'll just stick with my current resie. My DD really wants to stay as ASMovies anyway.

I am a little dissapointed because I was hoping for free dining (like everybody else, right?), but it looks like BRP is the best rate for us. Doesn't seem like such a great deal considering I booked early, committed to a deposit, and now others are able to cash in at the same rate without the committment I made.

No BRP for me again.

lenshanem said:
Try this...
I was playing around with some dates, etc. online and I noticed something -
if you go to WDW's website the room only offer is still more expensive than the other offer with tickets!?! Makes no sense!!!

You can book the offer with tickets, but change the pass to a one day with NO options such as park hopping (make sure you clear them off).

This offer is still cheaper with the one day base pass thrown in. Just use your AP with it.

Here's what I came up with - minus the one day pass - Pop was 54.22 a night! Doing room only deal it was 99.24 a night! What?!?

Hope this helps you!

This makes perfect sense to me. Yes, by booking it with even just a one day pass in, the room rate is much cheaper. Room alone is more. WHY? Because BRP doesn't have to adjust any of those bookings that way. I am now paying the $54.22 a night for a Value, because I added a one day pass (AP holders). This way, Disney can say it isn't a room only and won't have to give the AP holders more of a discount. I am glad I figured it out!

back2disney said:
Rumor is because its Pop Warner week. Those little pee wee football teams from all over the country will be checking in. Looks like there will be a whole lot of them this year:( Good for them, but not me.. I will be at the Poly that week and the Pop the week before partly because of that. Good luck!

When I was there during Pop Warner week three years ago, there were 20,000!!! of them! So, yeah, there are a LOT and I am sure there are more this year. We too changed from a value to a Moderate because of it.

Can someone walk me through the online booking? I can't seem to find the special anywhere on the Disney site (or is it the $999 value resort one)?

mom_rules said:
Can someone walk me through the online booking? I can't seem to find the special anywhere on the Disney site (or is it the $999 value resort one)?

It is that one. Click on it and it'll take you to another page. Put your dates and # of people in and check the $999 offer and enter. It'll then bring up the resort pick page or the ticket page (I can't remember which comes first) for which you can put in whatever you want. It doesn't have to match at all.

Julie

KeepSwimming said:
Am new to this MYW thing....and (shocker) am realllllly confused.

I am an AP holder and have a trip booked for Dec 9 - 18 at ASMovies. We are paying $600.00 for 9 nights. Obviously MYW does not appeal to us because our tickets are paid for. Am I missing something? Is there a deal here and I'm missing it?

Kinda feel like Disney is sticking it to AP holders....Best Rate seems like our only benefit? Is that right?

What is your plan for eating?? If I were you, this is what I would do...and it is what I actually did do! I too am an AP holder. We booked BRP a couple months ago for our Dec. 10-18th trip at Pop Century!

When our 90 day mark came for making ADRs, I sat down and figured out our food budget. With using the DDE card, we were right at $900 for food for the 4 of us for the 8 days. Plus the $526.40 for the 8 nights at BRP.

Well, I figured even with losing that $65.80 down payment for my ADR, that we were actually better off getting the full MYW package, with Dining and one day base tickets! Our food part was only $800! A savings of $100.

So, we booked it! Then they came out with this special and saved $263 more!

Now, I did factor in the value of the 3 one day base tickets we will now have when figuring that $100 savings at Rack Rate....so consider that. I will save them for our next trip and apply that to whatever tickets we get. We have APs right now, but will most likely not renew them in June, as we plan a cruise for next years vacation.

Of course if your food budget is low, then it wouldn't make sense of course. But we like the sit downs and have one planned for each night, as well as the Candlelight Processional. So for us, it is SO worth it, plus we are getting even more food with the Dining Plan. I did not factor in drinks and dessert at the counter service meals or the two sit downs we have planned.

For 9 nights, with the special, one day base and Dining, it is $1240.50 for 2 adults, $1381.55 for 2 adults and 1 child. Just examples, not sure of what your party is. I have found that those black out dates seem to mean nothing at all! I have had them come up with little problem

Shastie said:
We already had our reservations booked before this deal. Our TA says that nothing can be done for us - makes me sick that everyone is saving money and our TA says there is nothing she could do. Is there anyone else staying at POR with reservations that got to use this code to save money. I'm just so upset that we can't make this work for us too! Help!

What are your dates? How many in your party? Did your TA even try?

MemoryMakers2669 - Did the Pop Warner crowd seem to effect the crowd level at the parks or just at the value resorts? We are staying at CSR Dec. 4-10.

Buzzfan said:
MemoryMakers2669 - Did the Pop Warner crowd seem to effect the crowd level at the parks or just at the value resorts? We are staying at CSR Dec. 4-10.
I'm interested in knowing myself. We will be at CSR also from 12/4-8.

Buzzfan said:

Three years ago, on this very board, we heard that it did at the Values, so we switched to POR. At POR we didn't notice them at all, EXCEPT at the pools!! They were packed, especially at night and VERY noisy. Well the main pool was...the quiet ones were empty. Since the main pool there is away from the rooms, it didn't bother us at all.

But the parks and busses were great the whole week.

Just called disney to see if we could have the discount applied to our standing reservation. We had already paid in full for 6days/7nights POR. We will be getting a credit of $313.72 after the $50 chg fee. :cool1: Thanks for all the great posts that lead me to the discount. :goodvibes. 23 days and counting!! :hourglass Disney World here we come! :banana:

I give up on my TA - Won't use one again! I am going to try to call Disney myself to see if I can get the discount on our already booked trip. There are now 67 pages on this thread and although I've looked can someone give me the correct phone number to call? Wish me luck and lots of pixie dust!

Shastie said:
I give up on my TA - Won't use one again! I am going to try to call Disney myself to see if I can get the discount on our already booked trip. There are now 67 pages on this thread and although I've looked can someone give me the correct phone number to call? Wish me luck and lots of pixie dust!

407-934-7639

Just called the phone number listed above - they informed me that yes, we could change our reservation to include the discount but that since we were booked with a TA, the TA had to do it. I told him that our TA is telling us that when she calls they tell her that our resort is full and therefore there are no discounts available. He said that could be true, but she should keep trying. So no luck for us. I'm bummed! :sad1:
But a look on the bright side :flower: , we ARE going to DW, ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo we DID get rooms in the resort that we wanted, :cheer2: and we are celebrating :banana: our parents 50th along with Disney's 50th so let the fun begin!

FYI..I just called for a new ressie (curiosity rearing its ugly head-I'm not supposed to be going back until next year! Bad Mindy!) for Coronado Springs 12/16-19 for 2 adults. With this new discout code it came to 889.44 for standard with dining and 3 day MYW base tickets, 939.60 water view. This is a savings of about 200$ (checked from Disney website). I don't think its enough to want to make me fork over the cash for another Disney trip so soon, but I just had to know!

Shastie If my TA could not get the discount or would not work with me I would cancel the reservation and make my own with Disney directly. Just be sure you have the new reservation before you cancel the old one.

Shastie, I just don't understand! When are your dates? If you can book this through Disney, saving you money, then why not do it? How much will it cost to cancel your other one with AAA?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter