• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

[ADVISORY] WDW - MagicBand-Only Testing Begins at Disney's Pop Century Resort

We just came back, and when we asked at the desk if they were issuing cards of any kind, they said no, it was all Band only for that resort.

that's rude- apparently you have to "request" them by ignoring the prompts in MDE to customize. MDE should give you a big disclaimer that you have to click through giving you the option to get an RFID card.

I also think it's a choice and not a logistics thing. 1) what if one told them "i left our bands at home on the dresser"- they'd have to reissue something. 2) what if someone suddenly had a medical reason not to wear the thing? - they'd have to have the ability to give you a card.

If it's logistical and their system doesn't have any ability to do it then they have yet another flaw.

we made reservations for 20 people back in may, we have 8 rooms booked, we have stayed @ pop over 20 times, and we just found out this past week about this fp issue, both my dh and I will be speaking with management when we check in, we are touring our family and friends around Disney and we are the ones who pull fp as soon as we hit the parks all day. wish us luck! if we were aware of this ahead of time, we would be checking into another resort. we check in this sat. will let yall know!:wave2:

good luck!
:goodvibes

Just wondering how things are going for POP guests during the Thanksgiving Weekend. Did anyone try to get a KTTW card, FP card from a CM at a ride FP machine area, extra FP+, etc. I would imagine they are still just isolating POP and leaving them only with MagicBands, but hopefully those who knew about it and said something might have gotten something in return for being the only resort guests to have this done to them. Am very curious if they are going to expand this to more resorts in the next days to come.

And Hub, if you are still with us, we all loved the vital information you provided us and would love to know if you know about the next stage of resort testing/adjusting.

that's rude- apparently you have to "request" them by ignoring the prompts in MDE to customize. MDE should give you a big disclaimer that you have to click through giving you the option to get an RFID card.

I also think it's a choice and not a logistics thing. 1) what if one told them "i left our bands at home on the dresser"- they'd have to reissue something. 2) what if someone suddenly had a medical reason not to wear the thing? - they'd have to have the ability to give you a card.

If it's logistical and their system doesn't have any ability to do it then they have yet another flaw.

Somewhere I read that you can get a card at POP (or anywhere). But it doesn't work in the fastpass machine.

Just wondering how things are going for POP guests during the Thanksgiving Weekend. Did anyone try to get a KTTW card, FP card from a CM at a ride FP machine area, extra FP+, etc. I would imagine they are still just isolating POP and leaving them only with MagicBands, but hopefully those who knew about it and said something might have gotten something in return for being the only resort guests to have this done to them. Am very curious if they are going to expand this to more resorts in the next days to come.

And Hub, if you are still with us, we all loved the vital information you provided us and would love to know if you know about the next stage of resort testing/adjusting.

I've been watching for the Hub for a week now, I think he/she is gone. I am so sad. :(

I've been watching for the Hub for a week now, I think he/she is gone. I am so sad. :(

I don't see why it matters. What The Hub reported was also reported on several other blogs and websites. This wasn't some super top secret information being divulged.
It was a CM notification.
Literally thousands of people get them.

I don't see why it matters. What The Hub reported was also reported on several other blogs and websites. This wasn't some super top secret information being divulged.
It was a CM notification.
Literally thousands of people get them.

If you don't see why it matters, why are you responding? Obviously, it matters to some of us. And I'm allowed to miss anyone I please.

I agree that The Hub have excellent information (doesn't matter to me how many others got it, he/she was willing to let us know) plus info currently happening at the park (ie. FP cards given out at FP- machine area). Would love to hear from POP guests and Hub.

If you don't see why it matters, why are you responding? Obviously, it matters to some of us. And I'm allowed to miss anyone I please.

It does look like The Hub might be gone doesn't it? First The Hub said that they would stop posting opinions since some take it as truth and then the other CM jumped on him or her. Of course, there might not be anything new to report too.

I liked The Hub too and still appreciate the posts.

1) what if one told them "i left our bands at home on the dresser"- they'd have to reissue something. - they'd have to have the ability to give you a card.

I recall reading that if you lose your MB (leaving it at home would probably count) that you have to purchase new ones. That may have changed, though. I suppose if the guest declined to purchase new MBs, they would have to issue a KTTW card. But, it might mean being disqualified from FP+ AND FP- if they issue a KTTW that does not pull FP- because you are at POP.

The amount of complaints they are getting is tiny compared to the amount of people who never previously used FastPass and are now delighted to be getting 3 reservations a day scheduled.

FP+ is connected to your MDE account and not actually your KTTW card or MB. losing/changing and switching any of those things should not effect your FP+ at all.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The amount of complaints they are getting is tiny compared to the amount of people who never previously used FastPass and are now delighted to be getting 3 reservations a day scheduled.

Is there data somewhere that supports this?

For DISBoarders (who presumably have used FastPass previously), the negative responses thus far are not a tiny percentage. Would be interested to see more folks vote on this:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3204359

Why is it assumed that only DISers know how to use the paper FP system the way we do. I have talked to several families that have never visited this board that know all about the paper FPs and how to use them. There isn't only 2 different kind of guest..1. DISers that know ALL the info and 2. the clueless guest that have no idea how things have been in the past. There are many out there that know about the old system, how to use it, never post or visit the DIS boards and will know they are being limited by the new system. DISers may be a small percentage but that doesn't mean there aren't many more like us out there just because they aren't posting here.

Is there data somewhere that supports this?

For DISBoarders (who presumably have used FastPass previously), the negative responses thus far are not a tiny percentage. Would be interested to see more folks vote on this:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3204359

to get your hands on the "real" data you would likely need to break into a corner office on higher floor of Disney executive offices. The small group of people that really knows isn't going to share. They'll tell the CM's what they want the CM's to take away from the data. I dont think they would lie about it (but they might want to be exactly truthful sharing every bit of info)

we're all just guessing what is really going on.

Why is it assumed that only DISers know how to use the paper FP system the way we do. I have talked to several families that have never visited this board that know all about the paper FPs and how to use them. There isn't only 2 different kind of guest..1. DISers that know ALL the info and 2. the clueless guest that have no idea how things have been in the past. There are many out there that know about the old system, how to use it, never post or visit the DIS boards and will know they are being limited by the new system. DISers may be a small percentage but that doesn't mean there aren't many more like us out there just because they aren't posting here.

I think there are basicaly 3 types of guests.

The VAST middle of the bell curve that basically understand FP- but might not know how to get every last bit out of it. (people that dont know that at times machines aren't connected to each other, people that never tried expired tickets/used kTTW cards/etc, didn't know you could press the button on unlocked machines to get freebies, if you ask nicely you can use your paper FP past the window, etc)

Then there is a small bit at the bottom of the bell curve of the clueless folks that refuse to use FP- becasue they think it's like 6 flags and you need to pay for it.

Then at the top there is a small bit that always knows all the ins and outs of FP- and knows how to maximize it. Every last one of these people isn't a member of the DISBoards. But most DISBoard members fall in this group.

So again- most of us are NOT the vast majority of customers.

Ask those other families if they are away that Dumbo isn't connected to the rest. Ask them if they know that lots of magnetic stripe cards can get FP-. Ask them questions like that and most will now know and you'll be teaching them something.

The VAST middle of the bell curve that basically understand FP- but might not know how to get every last bit out of it. (people that dont know that at times machines aren't connected to each other,

I don't think you needed to "know" that certain FPs were disconnected to take advantage of it. FPs clearly print on it when you can get your next FP...for the disconnected FPs, the time is like 5 mins or something from the time you pulled the FP. All someone has to do is read the FP and go "oh, I can get another one now" - they don't need to know the why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter