• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

[ADVISORY] WDW - MagicBand-Only Testing Begins at Disney's Pop Century Resort

My family has AP's. We just booked trip for December to stay at Pop and now I am reading all about MB only test going on at Pop. Here is my question: Can we get the band, set up FP+ AND also use our AP to pull regular FP?

At this time, yes.

THanks Doc. Follow up: do we link our AP to the MB or just leave the AP out of the equation? Would we then use MDE just to set up the Fast Pass+ but then enter the park scanning our AP's which are the plastic RFID style?

THanks Doc. Follow up: do we link our AP to the MB or just leave the AP out of the equation? Would we then use MDE just to set up the Fast Pass+ but then enter the park scanning our AP's which are the plastic RFID style?

You have to link the AP to do Fastpass+. Having a ticket linked is a requirement.

You can then enter with the MB _or_ the AP interchangeably. The AP will still work for regular FP.

But Mikek, this thread is stating positively that chosing the card is not an option at Pop Century. Even though the link I provided says it is possible to have a choice.

choosing a card that has a magnetic strip encoded to get FP- is not an option.

choosing a card that has an RFID chip that will get you FP+ is an option.

The only question is when you have to ask for it. Since there's no ability in MDE to ask, i assume you can ask at the front desk but i really can't say as i never tried myself.

If I checked in and they didn't allow me to exchange my MagicBand for a KTTW card (regardless of the fact it wouldn't pull paper FASTPASSES), I would be very upset.

There's no way you should have to wear a bracelet around all day.
For cripes sake a card fits so nicely into my wallet, I can't think of anything more convenient than that.

exactly- there are people concerned about privacy and people that would have medical issues that preclude it.

I always see these stats:

yep- and i was always taught while that many those with bad experiences tell 10 people, people you make happy only tell 1 on average.

And beyond that it's tremendously cheaper to get repeat business than to 'buy' a new customer.

So it's really way important to make your customers happy.

If Disney is counting on uninformed guests so that there are less complaints, I would love for someone staying at POP to make tons of flyers that lets everyone know that every other resort gets a key card and a MagicBand and that the key card gives those guests more ride passes, then pass them around or "leave them" in high traffic areas. I'm sure that would increase the complaints. I imagine some POP guest going to a ride and seeing guests pull FP-, and when thy ask a CM they are told that is for everyone in the park to use except POP guests.

what are you trying to accomplish?

I'd be peeved if i had POP reservations for sure. But for whatever reason the nugget heads running this insist on this baby steps test of no FP-

But the reality is this sucks way more becasue they are pulling the band aid off slowly. Once the stupid bandaid is gone then we'll all be on FP+ and we can go from there.

it's not like a billion dollars in they are going to say "hey you know lets scrap FP+ and go back to FP-"

So the longer this takes or the more problems they have, the slower the whole transition, the longer this takes, and the more people to be hosed.

They need to flash cut over to FP+ only as fast as possible. And if they had a brain it wouldn't be any different than FP- just without having to physically go to the ride to pick up a paper ticket.

edit- to be clear i'm in no way excusing their terrible choice and disdain for POP customers.

what are you trying to accomplish?

I'd be peeved if i had POP reservations for sure. But for whatever reason the nugget heads running this insist on this baby steps test of no FP-

But the reality is this sucks way more becasue they are pulling the band aid off slowly. Once the stupid bandaid is gone then we'll all be on FP+ and we can go from there.

it's not like a billion dollars in they are going to say "hey you know lets scrap FP+ and go back to FP-"

So the longer this takes or the more problems they have, the slower the whole transition, the longer this takes, and the more people to be hosed.

They need to flash cut over to FP+ only as fast as possible. And if they had a brain it wouldn't be any different than FP- just without having to physically go to the ride to pick up a paper ticket.

edit- to be clear i'm in no way excusing their terrible choice and disdain for POP customers.

I agree. With all the resorts already having MagicBands now, and they know they want to eliminate FP-, just remove KTTW cards already from all the resorts. Then hopefully they can get some real data about use and maybe (just maybe, fingers crossed), they can increase the number of FP+ given in a day, especially at MK.

If Disney is counting on uninformed guests so that there are less complaints, I would love for someone staying at POP to make tons of flyers that lets everyone know that every other resort gets a key card and a MagicBand and that the key card gives those guests more ride passes, then pass them around or "leave them" in high traffic areas. I'm sure that would increase the complaints. I imagine some POP guest going to a ride and seeing guests pull FP-, and when thy ask a CM they are told that is for everyone in the park to use except POP guests.

LOL! That would be awesome!

This had better end by January 26th. I explained the whole thing to my wife, since we are to arrive at Pop that day. She got pretty mad, and we're not even there yet.

choosing a card that has a magnetic strip encoded to get FP- is not an option.

choosing a card that has an RFID chip that will get you FP+ is an option.

The only question is when you have to ask for it. Since there's no ability in MDE to ask, i assume you can ask at the front desk but i really can't say as i never tried myself.

We just came back, and when we asked at the desk if they were issuing cards of any kind, they said no, it was all Band only for that resort.

Well I leave for the airport in 10 hours. Packing is mostly done and house is clean....I guess I could start making some fliers. :scratchin And then find some courage to leave them around. Really though, I would never do it.....not the CMs fault - they are just doing what they are told. For some reason though, it's important to me that Disney knows I know I am getting screwed. Not that I expect anything to be done, I just want them to know I'm not oblivious to the fact I'm at a disadvantage.

I was at pop... I wear wrist braces from time to time depending on strain. I asked for a card incase I was not able to use wear the band... Indicated I knew it wouldn't pull fast passes and they had no problem and issued me a card. This was nov 16th

Well I leave for the airport in 10 hours. Packing is mostly done and house is clean....I guess I could start making some fliers. :scratchin And then find some courage to leave them around. Really though, I would never do it.....not the CMs fault - they are just doing what they are told. For some reason though, it's important to me that Disney knows I know I am getting screwed. Not that I expect anything to be done, I just want them to know I'm not oblivious to the fact I'm at a disadvantage.

Hope it goes well, and give us all a report after you get back, OK?

Hope it goes well, and give us all a report after you get back, OK?

Thanks and I sure will report back. I might even have to update while standing in the standby lines. I've gotten so used to checking and posting the past few weeks I may not be able to handle the withdrawal.:rotfl:

Thanks and I sure will report back. I might even have to update while standing in the standby lines. I've gotten so used to checking and posting the past few weeks I may not be able to handle the withdrawal.:rotfl:

Are you going to any of the MVMCP's? Would love to know if those plastic party cards can pull FP- as some have previously posted. Would give me a back-up since no KTTW card (like all us POP guests),

we made reservations for 20 people back in may, we have 8 rooms booked, we have stayed @ pop over 20 times, and we just found out this past week about this fp issue, both my dh and I will be speaking with management when we check in, we are touring our family and friends around Disney and we are the ones who pull fp as soon as we hit the parks all day. wish us luck! if we were aware of this ahead of time, we would be checking into another resort. we check in this sat. will let yall know!:wave2:

Are you going to any of the MVMCP's? Would love to know if those plastic party cards can pull FP- as some have previously posted. Would give me a back-up since no KTTW card (like all us POP guests),

Yes - I am going the the MVMCP on Dec 3rd, but I have an e-ticket. Is there a way for me to get a plastic one? I read some others did that, but Dec 4th is my last day in the parks and assuming (yes I know that can get me in trouble) that I would need to wait until after the party to use it so would only get me one day. I guess one day is better than 0. I'm really thinking that I'll only need one on Friday since crowd levels are predicted to be at 4 Sun - Wed. I'll be starting at MK at 8am so hoping beyond hope that I'll be able to get lots of rides in before everyone else wakes up. =) Planning on leaving there when it gets crazy and heading to Boardwalk to check out decorations and then hopping to HS where I have my FP+ ressies. Really hoping this all works out!

Yes - I am going the the MVMCP on Dec 3rd, but I have an e-ticket. Is there a way for me to get a plastic one? I read some others did that, but Dec 4th is my last day in the parks and assuming (yes I know that can get me in trouble) that I would need to wait until after the party to use it so would only get me one day. I guess one day is better than 0. I'm really thinking that I'll only need one on Friday since crowd levels are predicted to be at 4 Sun - Wed. I'll be starting at MK at 8am so hoping beyond hope that I'll be able to get lots of rides in before everyone else wakes up. =) Planning on leaving there when it gets crazy and heading to Boardwalk to check out decorations and then hopping to HS where I have my FP+ ressies. Really hoping this all works out!

I am going to 2 parties (15th and 17th). I bought and printed an internet ticket for one. I then went to book another but decided to mail them this time, so I have both kinds. When I called to convert the e-ticket to plastic, I got the run around. CM told me they couldn't send me them since I chose e-ticket - does that make sense? But then said something about converting them at MK but also mentioned a wristband, so I think she meant that I switch to a wristband and not get the plastic card. Maybe she was confused. :confused3

we made reservations for 20 people back in may, we have 8 rooms booked, we have stayed @ pop over 20 times, and we just found out this past week about this fp issue, both my dh and I will be speaking with management when we check in, we are touring our family and friends around Disney and we are the ones who pull fp as soon as we hit the parks all day. wish us luck! if we were aware of this ahead of time, we would be checking into another resort. we check in this sat. will let yall know!:wave2:

Holy schmoly. Please tell us you have some FP+ booked already. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter