• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADRs Book tomorrow!!!!

Ok so this is just dumb. I'm going to bed. I have resigned myself to the fact that I am going to not get anything I want in a few hours when I wake up to check it gain so that way if I get ANYTHING I will be happy. I'm lowering the expectations here...

We couldn't ever seem to get Akershus for breakfast which we wanted, I was just getting CRT for dinner when it bonked out on me.

But got mostly everything else, including BOG. I was disappointed that Whispering Canyon Cafe was closed on the day we wanted it which was Nov 20th. It only showed they have breakfast that day? what's up with that?

Interestingly, Thanksgiving Week got blocked out at exactly midnight eastern time. Coincidence? sounds like they are making updates or pausing it for the system to catch up.

It is interesting that it shut off at midnight, maybe at 6am ET it will be up again! I didn't see any breakfast options in Epcot for Nov. 21 or Nov. 23 and I'm thinking that has to be some kind of glitch. I also didn't notice ANY Coral Reef reservations.

We got Coral Reef for Lunch on the 21st, but no breakfast or dinner yet and we're trying to spend the 21st in Epcot mostly.

We were hoping for Akershus for breakfast and Le Cellier for dinner but that didn't seem to be happening....

I got Garden Grill but couldn't find Coral Reef...at least I know it's there now! I think it's weird there wasn't any breakfast available.

I gave up last night, congratulations to all that got what they wanted! For those that didn't, keep checking. People cancel all the time. I have had success following the November cancellation thread too. Touring Plans has a service that alerts you when a reservation you want becomes available (haven't used that).

Everything is back up and working this morning. The system usually shuts down at 12mid and opens at 6am, but with everything going on yesterday who the heck knows what was going on.

Some places are still grayed out for Thanksgiving and a lot of EPCOT restaurants have not loaded times for dinner on 11/25 since that is the first CP night. Look on the individual restaurant page to see if that is the case with places you are looking for on 11/24 or EPCOT on 11/25. I would try calling for those places.

Good luck!

Stayed up until 3am (yep! 23 hour day for me and I have 3 young kids) and finally got most things near most days we wanted. Out two must haves CRT at ANY time on the 21st (first day tradition for our family) and LTT at ANY time on Thanksgiving (the reason we were even going at Thanksgiving) still didn't happen.

I mentioned earlier that we always go either the days leading up to Christmas or the days between Christmas and New Years, which are supposed to be the worst. Thought it would be fun and a little easier to do Thanksgiving. NEVER AGAIN. This was the worst 24 hours I've ever had in any way related to Disney or vacations or things that were supposed to be happy in the 32 years since we started taking these trips when I was 6 years old.

There is no excuse for spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on these vacations every year and having to go through this. Yes, system was down this time, but even the looming threat of wake up at 5 am and you still may not get to eat where you want 6 MONTHS LATER!!! THIS SYSTEM NEEDS AN OVERHAUL!!!

Angry/heart-sad rant over. I have to go get three kids ready for school and I need coffee. And you know what else? We leave for Disneyland in a few days...for a vacation that's actually still fun and relaxing and doesn't have to be planned down to the minute 6 months in advance.

I have had marginal success this morning. :) Happy with what I did get for Thanksgiving week, any one else have good luck?

been up almost continually since 545 yesterday... now im trying to do dining stuff during a 10 hour work day... been on hold for over an hour... Has anyone else been getting really cold treatment by CMs during calls? Both guest relations reps yesterday (one a supervisor) were actually pretty rude, I understand its tough work, and they were likely getting yelled at all day yesterday, but to do that work you need to grow some thick skin, its not okay to be rude to the next guest because someone else was...

I'm not even going to bother calling!!! I've been able to book one or two things for the week of Thanksgiving, but not for dinner on Tday! Driving me nuts. I can't imagine the chaos that is WDW right now....seems guests can't use DDP, get into their rooms, use FP+!!! It's nuts.

Nope - I can see the dates for my week now (they are no longer light blue) and it will pop up available times but when I choose one it gives me the "we are sorry for the "paws"" error screen with Lady and Tramp on it. GRRRRRRRRRRRR. I've been on hold for about 45 minutes now... IT TOTALLY sucks that I can SEE the available times but not grab one!!

Last edited:
I'm sorry everyone is still having problems. I made 16 reservations for breakfast/lunch and/or dinner over my 9 day stay with no problems.

I'm not even going to bother calling!!! I've been able to book one or two things for the week of Thanksgiving, but not for dinner on Tday! Driving me nuts. I can't imagine the chaos that is WDW right now....seems guests can't use DDP, get into their rooms, use FP+!!! It's nuts.
Where are you trying to get dinner on Thanksgiving Day?

I got through 2 different times via phone this morning and got my reservations made. I did get Tusker House for dinner for Thanksgiving (which I wanted) but no 'Ohana (ended up with Crystal Palace instead) and ended up with 50's Primetime instead of Sci-Fi and Rose & Crown instead of Biergarten. Can you believe that Biergarten was totally booked all day for Monday through Wednesday of Thanksgiving week already??? I also go BOMA and Bongos but I wasn't really worried about acquiring them as they were only for 3 people and the other bookings were for 7 people.

I did manage to make 1 reservation online - only 1. The system is still really glitchy for some of us apparently. It shows me available times but then times out when I choose them.

Where are you trying to get dinner on Thanksgiving Day?
My dh and dd really wanted Chef Mickey's, but that's not happening. I did manage to get an ADR for Artist Point. There really weren't a lot of options that we liked! Most places weren't available.
I'll keep looking, but at least we have something.

My dh and dd really wanted Chef Mickey's, but that's not happening. I did manage to get an ADR for Artist Point. There really weren't a lot of options that we liked! Most places weren't available.
Oh bummer, would have tried to grab it for you when I was working this morning. Now my app isn't working anymore :(
We had a tough time getting Chef Mickeys the entire week. My kids love it and it's how we start our vacation.
Hoping something will open up and looking for alternatives.
For as bad a rap as it gets, sure is hard to book it.

Chef Mickey's is one of the places that hasn't loaded all times in yet. So far only breakfast times are loaded so definitely keep trying! Good Luck.

BTW, there is breakfast for 3 available at 7:25am and 10:15am

I was able to get everything we wanted BUT LTT for Thanksgiving :(. I'm going to keep checking. I booked Citricos instead. Anyone familiar with Citricos?

For those of you trying to get dining on American Thanksgiving day that hasn't been loaded yet call in to do so. We wanted Cal Grill for Nov 24th and I couldn't figure out why that day was whited out so I called and the CM indicated that it wasn't yet loaded into the online system because it was "special event dining". However she was able to access that day and book the time we wanted.

What is really funny is that since the "enhancements" last night there is a blurb on the CG page referring to Thanksgiving day dining at the bottom of the page for dining on November 26, 2015

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter