• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Very Lurkyloo Christmas is FINISHED! New 3/16: Last Day of the Trip!

I am tagging along for another PTR! I think you are going during the best time. The crowds are not as bad and you get to enjoy all of the wonderful Christmas decor! :cool1:

Greetings, and welcome to the pre-trip report for the Lurkyloos’ Christmas Trip to Walt Disney World
Hooray! :yay:

Longish-time lurker here, though I think I may have posted at some point. :confused: Not intentionally, mind you - this is the first of your TRs I've managed to find less than half way in, so I actually have time to post! Love your writing, love the stories, and, as a photog myself, can't get enough of the Roots. :thumbsup2

* When are you traveling: The second week in December, probably, unless something changes... which it very well might...
Any time in Dec. is special! I make a trip during the month every year; the holidays wouldn't feel right without it. :goodvibes

* What Dining Reservations you have made: NONE because Disney reinstated the stoopid 90-day window for ADRs ...and stopped calling them “ADRs”...
This perplexes me. They seem to be calling them "reservations" these days, right? But they're not actual reservations! They had it right in the first place with "Priority Seating." :rolleyes:

Looking forward to this one! popcorn::

OOH a Lurkyloo report! Love it! Can't wait to read more...we will also be there the week between Christmas and New Years - should be a blast!

I also wanted to let you know that after reading your GORGEOUS wedding report, I bought the Passporter wedding planner and have planned out my Escape wedding in my head....even though I have neither a fiance or even a boyfriend at this point. :lmao: I know, I'm sick, I just hope he (whoever he is!) is OK with an Escape wedding! ;)

Signing up for this, once again. Can't wait to follow along on your Christmas adventures.

Hiya! Welcome aboard! :sail:

That's a great time of year to go and I definitely think you should do MVMCP just so I can read about it... and don't forget the fake snow!

Oh, good point - I do love me some fake snow! And that reminds me - they do fake snow in Celebration too!

Glad to see you are checking out the new hotel. I was going to try and stay there, but we are going to stay at the boardwalk Dec 22 & 23. How long are you staying for? When we go I have to check out the bakery since it will be oh so close.

Its always a nice way to end a trip when you know you are going back. Heck I've got 3 trips in the process of being planned. Plus I need to go back for the giant oreo, I have to say it was one of the best things to eat. I got it dipped in dark chocolate and covered in crushed oreos. My husband is going to freak when I force him to go to DTD and get my weight in giant oreos.

:lmao: Ah, another giant Oreo fan.... Has he even tried one? Maybe he'd be a convert too! Our trip dates are in flux cuz we're on the wait list, but we have to get the H outta Dodge before DVC's high season starts cuz we can't afford it!

Woohoo for another Lurkyloo trip!

Also, starting in August, I'll be an attractions CP at the World - if I load you onto a ride, I might be a little starstruck!

If you physically load me onto a ride, you might throw your back out! :rotfl: How exciting - are you going to be on the CP? Everyone I know who's done it has such fond memories... :goodvibes

YAY! Now it's not so bad that your TR is ending!! I am just missing you by a month. We are staying at the BLT January 8-15th. I started my PTR too AND already referenced you in it.

At least I get to see pics and hear about BLT before I go!!

Hey cool! I'm gonna go check it out! :thumbsup2

Ooooooh! I just can't wait to follow along!!!
We'll be at the world before and after our DCL wedding the first and second weeks of Dec!!

Congratulations! You guys are going to have SO much fun! :cloud9:

Yet another Lurkyloo lurker flushed from cover here! I'm going to follow along as well! I definitely think that there should be an entry fee for following along your reports.

I love this idea of an entry fee... and it being cake. GREAT picture! :)

Can I just sit and cry? I wanna' go to WDW for Christmas! And how the heck did you get Patrick to say "yup" to going again? I REALLY want to know 'cause DH seems like he's just done....phooey. I can't even convince him to go to DL!!

Hmm... did you try making all the plans yourself and then just telling him really fast when he was sleepy or distracted? What if you lured him there with a trail of really good looking figurines and toys? :rotfl:

Yay for another trip in the works! Love your hotel choices.

I'm really excited to finally stay at the BoardWalk, and I went from thinking BLT looked like an IKEA showroom to :love: when we saw the model rooms in person.

I am tagging along for another PTR! I think you are going during the best time. The crowds are not as bad and you get to enjoy all of the wonderful Christmas decor!

Sounds fabulous! :hyper:

Those are my dates too. I think I'm insane.

I believe AllEars.net's Anita Answer refers to that period as "Crazy-Go-Nuts Crowded".... oh wait, no, I'm thinking of StrongBad...

This perplexes me. They seem to be calling them "reservations" these days, right? But they're not actual reservations! They had it right in the first place with "Priority Seating."

Hiya, lurky! :rotfl: I hear ya - Disneyland still calls them Priority Seatings, what's with WDW? They just hadda go and make it all complicated cuz they're bigger...

I'm all for another Lurkyloo ptr/tr, even if they all seem to make me crave cake and/or cupcakes

Yes, I'm beginning to worry about that - maybe this PTR should feature a "Veggie of the Day" picture or something to encourage healthy eating... :confused3

...Nah!!! :rotfl2:

I also wanted to let you know that after reading your GORGEOUS wedding report, I bought the Passporter wedding planner and have planned out my Escape wedding in my head....even though I have neither a fiance or even a boyfriend at this point. I know, I'm sick, I just hope he (whoever he is!) is OK with an Escape wedding!

Good for you! I don't think you're sick - I think a lot of us start planning early, and it sure makes the process go smoother when the time comes. I think the trick is to, you know, be flexible on the details, cuz things change. Oh, and at least TRY to tailor it to the fella you end up with, since it's his wedding too.... :lmao:

:lmao: Ah, another giant Oreo fan.... Has he even tried one? Maybe he'd be a convert too! Our trip dates are in flux cuz we're on the wait list, but we have to get the H outta Dodge before DVC's high season starts cuz we can't afford it!

Oh I understand needing to get out. I love that it switches over like the 24th. Hence why we are going on the 22nd. I'm a little jealous about you getting to stay so long, but we are finally planning a long trip in 2010. Then I will have a giant oreo for everyday. My DH isn't into chocolate too much plus why would I want him to like it...then I will have to *SHARE* I don't like that idea.

I totally have your back. And if you go for another degree, I guess I'll just have to keep going to WDW! :teeth:

Planning on 2 more after this one, once I recover from nursing school, so you'll have LOTS of trips in the future!

So I was thinking... the last PTR had cake o' the day. Why should we limit ourselves to one delicious genre of desserts? Why exclude icre cream, or (one of my personal favorites) cookies? Or your PB marshmallow bars? I think we need a dessert of the day now.

Yes, I'm beginning to worry about that - maybe this PTR should feature a "Veggie of the Day" picture or something to encourage healthy eating... :confused3

...Nah!!! :rotfl2:

Your subscribers would be dropping like flies! I love a good veggie as much as the next person, but come on...cake is the best thing ever invented.

Nearly every time I read through one of your pre-tr's or tr's, I end up baking something, so my boyfriend will be glad to know that you have started a new one since he reaps the benefits of your cake obsession more then anyone else. :laughing:

I don't know how to post a picture or I'd pay my admission price of cake now. Pretend you are looking at a seven-tier wedding cake made entirely of chocolate cake and chocolate frosting with creatively broken Hershey bars all over it as decorations that end up looking like swirlies.

I see that you had to use your woman-wiles to get your DH to go to WDW again and ATG complained, too.

We need to start a club called the "Wives of DL who have husbands who don't go so often or otherwise don't like to meet internet people while at DL."

Too long?

Here's my admission fee----it's kinda got a Patrick feel to it.
3062916601_5cddc2f9e2.jpg

OH. MY. GAWD. We are in the process of planning a trip to The World that same week! :banana: Does this mean I could actually have the possibility of meeting the [Disney] World-famous Mr. and Mrs. Lurkyloo?! DF calls me a "Lurkyloo stalker" because I get excited every time you have a new report - just wait til he hears I might get the chance to stalk you in-person!! :rotfl2:

If you physically load me onto a ride, you might throw your back out! :rotfl: How exciting - are you going to be on the CP? Everyone I know who's done it has such fond memories... :goodvibes

I just laughed so loud that I had to explain the situation to my confused bf, lmao. Yep, I'm doing the Fall 2009 CP - I'm so psyched!

Also, can I just say that your hilarious tweets always brighten my twitter stream? Well, they do. :thumbsup2

2 things - Carrie, I will try your ideas for convincing DH to go back to WDW. I've got him sold on DL at LEAST 3 times in the fall, now I need to convince him that WDW is the place to be - maybe for Christmas...

Also, I covet that Electric Mayhem cake! I LOVE it! Everyone always posts the best cakes on your threads!

That is all. Back to drooling and dreamin'.

A new Lurkyloo trip to look forward to is the perfect antidote to the end of your TR! Your plans sound terrific. I toured the BLT model room and thought to myself that I'd need to be having a bubble bath there too! Perfect set-up! Hopefully it's one-way glass b/c while I would be loving the lake/castle view anyone able to look in would not be similarly inspired. :sad2:

Looking forward to more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter