A Very Lurkyloo Christmas is FINISHED! New 3/16: Last Day of the Trip!

lurkyloo

The Attic was just perfect!
The Christmas Trip Report starts on Page 61!

Day 1: Arrival and First Legitimate Dessert Party!

Day 2, Part 1: How to say "May I see your pins?" in five languages!

Day 2, Part 2: Animal Kingdom... After Dark! Plus Dinner at Jiko with The Roots!

Day 3, Part 1: The Day I Met a Cupcake I Didn't Like

Day 3, Part 2: Our Introduction to Osbourne Family Shreddin' Festival of Totally Awesome Lights!

Day 4, Part 1: First Day in the MK, Guest Starring The Roots and The Brits!

Day 4, Part 2: The Roots Rescue My Trip Report!

Day 4, Part 3: Osbourne Lights with The Roots!

Day 5, Part 1: D23's Magic & Merriment Event Begins, Plus Nathensey Introduce Us to JuLu!

Day 5, Part 2: Candlelight Processional + Dinner & Dessert at DHS!

Day 5, Part 3: Osbourne Lights Presentation + DISapalooza '09!

Day 6, Part 1: D23 Lunch @ Diamond Horseshoe + Photo Shoot with the Roots at Bay Lake Tower!

Day 6, Part 2: Cinderella Castle Suite Tour + Custom Cake at California Grill!

Day 6, Part 3: Mickey's Very Merry Not-So-Scary Christmas Party!

Day 7, Part 1: Around the World at Epcot - "Santas I Didn't See"

Day 7, Part 2: Candlelight Processional Dinner Package with the Roots!

Day 8, Part 1: Christmas Tour of the Monorail Resorts

Day 8, Part 2: Backstage at "Finding Nemo: The Musical"!

Day 8, Part 3: The Roots' Gorgeous Photos of MVMCP & the Wishes Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace!

Day 8, Part 4: Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade + Slumber Party at BLT!

Day 9: At long last... the LAST Day of the Trip!

Click HERE to read about our anniversary party at Tower of Terror!

The Tokyo Trip Report starts here!

Greetings, and welcome to the pre-trip report and trip report for the Lurkyloos’ Christmas Trip to Walt Disney World, including a stay at Bay Lake Tower and more stalking of hapless photographers The Roots, who, by agreeing to shoot our wedding, unwittingly signed themselves up to be featured in and take pictures for every future Lurkyloo trip report, in perpetuity.

* Who is in your party? Lurkyloo & Mr. Lurkyloo

* When are you traveling: The second week in December, probably, unless something changes... which it very well might...

* Where are you staying: BoardWalk Inn, Beach Club Villas and Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort (a.k.a. BLT – it’s not just a sandwich anymore!)

* What Dining Reservations you have made: NONE because Disney reinstated the stoopid 90-day window for ADRs ...and stopped calling them “ADRs”...

* Any special plans, events, etc. that you have planned: Among the plans that we have planned are

• At BLT: Taking a bubble bath with the bathroom shutters open so I can see through the bedroom to our view of Bay Lake (hopefully they have one-way glass on those exterior windows, or some parasailing honeymooners are gonna get an eyeful!)
  • At BCV: Stalking the Roots on their Disney Christmas vacation
  • At BoardWalk Inn: Stridently requesting a remodeled room so I don’t have to endure the hideous comforters of the old decor
  • At BoardWalk Bakery: Eating of peanut butter chocolate cake slices
  • Also: CHRISTMAS!!!! And possibly Mickey’s Very Merry Not-So-Scary Christmas Party... maybe.... if I can get past paying an extra $110 for a fireworks show, cookies, and watery hot chocolate

If you are bored and can’t wait until December, here are links to our past trip reports and various other online time-wasters...

Some Light Reading: Past Reports

How to Get Married In Epcot... and Survive a 12-Day Honeymoon @ WDW!

You Just Got Married at WDW - What're You Gonna Do Next?: A pre-trip report for the 2 Haunted Mansions, 1 Day and anniversary trips

2 Haunted Mansions, 1 Day: The story of how we rode Haunted Mansion at Disney World and Disneyland on the same day (plus free dining)!

Return to the Scene of the Crime: The Lurkyloos' First Anniversary at WDW!

Lurkyloo Does WDW: A Solo Banzai Run for PassPorter’s Decade o’ Dreams: A pre-trip report (Warning: not for the cake-phobic!)

Wedding Crasher: 4 Parties in 3 Nights with 2 Cameras and 1 Fabulous Hat!: The story of the solo banzai run.

Assorted Other Ways To OD on Lurkyloo…

My Blog (All my trip reports in one place!): http://disneytravelbabble.com/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/lurkyloo

Facebook page for PassPorter’s Disney Weddings & Honeymoons: http://www.facebook.com/pages/PassPorters-Disney-Weddings-Honeymoons/127958845407?ref=s

Patrick’s puppet company: http://www.swazzle.com

I am so glad you are going to WDW in December and that you have decided to write a pre-trip report!:banana::banana: As your last trip report was coming to an end I started to worry that I would have to start working again instead of reading your trip reports. I will sleep much better tonight. :cloud9:

Yeah another trip report. I must say in the past I have sort of been a Lurkyloo stalker, always reading your reports, but never posting. You have been such an inspriration when I was planning my own wedding. I didn't have a Disney wedding, instead a Plantation wedding in Louisiana, but your ideas still came in handy. And I must say at work your a hit too. I am a nurse on the night shift, and the dis keeps me awake. Everyone on my shift follows Lurkyloo around. And the Roots, I was not able to fly them the Louisiana for my wedding. (I wonder what that would cost!!) but I did have a friend use her fancy photoshop skills and try to make my pictures look like theirs.

So I, plutofreak, do somely swear to post replies to Lurkyloo's awesome trip reports, and not act like a stalker.

Yay, another PreTR! Dec is my fav time to go. :goodvibes

I have been trying to figure out how I can get back there this Dec. We been the last two, but that darn wedding used up most of our vacation time and Idon'twannawaituntilnextdecember!!! :headache:

If we don't get back there, atleast I can live vicariously through you.

:surfweb: :3dglasses :woohoo: popcorn::

More Roots & Lurkyloo! How cool is that? Can't wait to hear all about the christmas at the WDW MK CR BLT's, the BCV & the BWI. (Say all to a hip hop beat and you sound like a DISBoards Gangsta)

OMG OMG OMG---you're going AGAIN!? In December?!?! :woohoo:

You probably don't remember, but a while back (in either your PTR, your last TR...or somethin'), I tried to convince you to go in December because A. I hear it's so puuuurdy and B. we're going in December!!!

We'll be there Dec. 12-18, staying at the Boardwalk Villas, maybe we'll see you there! :santa:

Can I put in a few requests right now?

1. Can you wear the hat again? I know it's not nearly as hot as it is in May, but the hat is awesome.

2. If we happen to see you in the World Showcase, can you make Patrick to a little diddy in front of one of the countries (you know, like he did in his video)?? I cried watching it. Hilarious and inspirational all rolled into one.

AND---if you feel so inclined, I have a very sad, lonely December PTR here! ;)

Thank *GAWD* you started another PTR. I was afraid that I might have to actually spend some time studying between now and the end of graduation (I figure between the PTR & TR, it'll carry me through the end of school.)

yea! a new trip. Maybe I can push my trip back a week, but then I'd have to convince a whole group of people to push their trips back a week, but maybe I can send DFi home on his own and stay and stalk you :p

I just called DH at work to tell him you and Patrick were going to WDW in DEC.!!! (The convincing has begun!)....

Even if we don't make it down there, I'll be following along on your PTR faithfully! ;)

How wonderful that you get to go again in December and that we get another pre-trip report! I love your trip reports ever since I stumbled about your wedding trip report one day thanks to the beautiful pictures in your signature!

I recently came across a campaign for a mineral water here in Germany which is sold in blue bottles - and I am sure whoever invented this has seen your wedding pictures. Have a look: http://www.christinen.de/ :goodvibes

Woohoo! I will still have entertainment during my Diet Coke breaks at work! :yay:

Although I have to agree with a poster on your other TR and say that I would happily follow along on a TR entitled 'Lurkyloo and the great Grocery Shopping Caper' at this point. :cutie:

My daughter told me that she shared some of your exploits at her middle school lunch table recently after she read about the 'stalking' of Lori's wedding. She finds you quite hilarious and has decided she will document her summer break in a similar way for our family's amusement. See? You're even inspiring young writers to get creative! :worship:

I'm here...I'll be lurking and posting occassionaly! :goodvibes How exciting that you get to go back in December!! :yay:

Just finished your TR-love the highly documented trip to the He$$ station. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter