A sore back, sore feet and we still overeat! Dining Review for 10/9-10/18. Update 11/04 Complete!

Sorry to hear BoG was a bit of a bust. We aren't huge fans, but do enjoy the lunch when we can grab a last minute ADR. Love that french onion soup. But how rude to say you couldn't use your AP when you hadn't even asked.

On the upside glad you all enjoyed San Angel. While we've never had good service there the food has never disappointed. Love the idea of having apps for dinner. I've only had the tostadas but they were delicious
BoG was definitely a bust this time around, I felt like it was so unorganized and you could feel the vibe of chaos in there. I'm sorry your service has been poor at San Angel, we really lucked out with service and food.
We're like you with BOG although reversed-it's one of our favorites but we prefer dinner, so we've done breakfast and lunch 1x each, and will be having dinner there in a few weeks for the 7th time :goodvibes I'd like to give lunch another try but DH is VERY hard to persuade to go back somewhere once he hasn't enjoyed it :rolleyes: I love their french onion soup, an the potato leek as well!

Also like you, we'd never eaten in Mexico because of picky children - what can you do? Glad you finally talked Andi into trying San Angel and you all enjoyed it! DH and I did finally ate there in Aug. when we went without the boys. We just got entrees, no apps, and they were fine. We didn't think it was any better or worse than other Mexican restaurants we've been to but I'll tell you what was awesome, my Avocado Margarita. Oh, yeah! I'll be getting that on EVERY future trip for sure!

I also want to try those packaged macarons from Les Halles. We atcually bought them last year but before we could try any I accidentally knocked them off the counter in our room and they opened and spilled all over the floor :guilty: DH was quite unhappy because for some reason, he'd thought they were all for him?? He should know by now that no snacks we buy in Disney are ever just for him!
We usually love BOG as you can see by our track record, something was just off that day with the whole experience. I really loved the dinner, I need to get Andi to try dinner again. I think the picky teen plays a role in this with the dinner menu. One of these trips I will get my hubby to come with me, he loves eating so I know he would go anywhere lol. San Angel was a surprise hit for us! The macarons were really good, But The Framboise was the bomb, so delicious! I want that again for sure.
Thanks for sharing your dining experiences here! I have been enjoying reading your reviews. We are going to be at Disney for 2 weeks in December on the dining plan and your reviews have been really helpful. You are dining at some of the restaurants we have reservations at that we've never tried before like San Angel and Raglan Road. I'm also liking the quick service reviews like Peco's which we have never been to before but will be sure to try this time!
Thank you! How exciting to be going for 2 weeks, you will have many dining experiences! RR and San Angel were so good I hope you have wonderful meals there as well. Pecos is a definite repeat for us now, loved the fixing bar and the nachos were really good.
Looks like we will have to purchase the pack of macarons, as well. The framboise dessert looks incredible, too. Definitely stopping at the bakery!
The macarons were very good, slightly crunchy, yet soft with a flavorful filling, great with coffee! The Framboise was so delicious by far my favorite! The raspberry flavor with the chocolate was paired so well. I wish I had one right now.!
Am I the only one who doesn't like macarons? I feel like I am.

Day 7. Hollywood and Vine Dinner

Today was our last full day at Disney, we would be moving over to US early the next morning. My sister and I headed to AK this morning. We ate the rest of our macarons with coffee and also ate the last of our yogurt. Donna and I headed out to AK and Andi headed to Epcot. Andi was going to get my mug from Starbucks for me, Epcot was the last one I needed. I now have all 4 park mugs from Starbucks and love them.

Donna and I wanted to do some shows at AK because she had never experienced them. We did FotLK, Nemo, and Flights of Wonder. She loved them all. We also got another salted caramel mocha frappacino from Starbucks, these were a seasonal blend and wow was its delicious, it is like dessert. I recommend trying this if still on the menu you won't be sorry!

We also had some popcorn and did some shopping. Andi said Starbucks at Epcot was crazy busy but she got my mug! She also,got her favorite Mickey pretzel again as well. We all met back at the Boardwalk and sat by the pool and had some cheese, crackers, fruit, and candy. Donna and I had a few beers and just relaxed. We made our way to HS around 4:00pm, we had FP+ for RnR, ToT, and SW. Andi rode RnR 3x using all the passes. Donna and I are chickens when it comes to this ride. I will ride ToT but Donna decided to pass on this as well. I should have passed on SW, it really bothered my back, oh well. We had a great late afternoon/evening there. We had an ADR at 7:00pm, we headed over and had to wait about 15 minutes. We snagged this ADR the day before because of the 20% discount and the cute characters.

This is a buffet, which, many people do not like, however, we went in with an open mind and really liked it. We were really hungry so this may have swayed us some as well. We had a good waitress, she was very friendly and checked on us often. The salad/cold section of this buffet was really good. The Caesar and beet salad were really tasty. Peel and eat shrimp were also in abundance, the mussels were just okay. The hot choice's were pork loin, eggplant, mushroom risotto, Mac and cheese with lobster and shrimp, many veggie choices and sliced beef and turkey, and of course mashed potatoes with gravy. I really liked this buffet. The characters were so good, they spent a good amount of time at our table so this was nice. The costumes were so cute on them. Goofy danced with Andi and Donald was very sweet, he stayed with us for quite awhile. The kids area had corn dog nuggets which I also like. The desserts were really tasty. The pumpkin cheesecake was so good. I forgot to mention the salmon, it was prepared nicely and very good as well. Here are some food pictures and character pictures.
IMG_7504.JPG IMG_7505.JPG IMG_7509.JPG IMG_7510.JPG IMG_7512.JPG IMG_0824.JPG IMG_0826.JPG IMG_0830.JPG IMG_0832.JPG IMG_0835.JPG

We gave this two thumbs up for service, food choices, and the characters. We were able to save over 20.00 with the AP discount so that was a plus as well. We really enjoyed all our dining choices this trip. I would say BOG and GG were the least favorite and Ohana and RR were the favorites, with everything else very good. Stay tuned for our two days of dining at US. Spoiler alert not nearly as good dining but fun nonetheless.

Hollywood and Vine looks really good! I'm surprised because I've read so many negative reviews of it, but it looks like we could find plenty of tasty choices there. The mac and cheese looks wonderful. Love the characters in costume, too.

I had H&V dinner booked for our trip later this month but I was so unsure, I cancelled :( We've only done lunch there and it was years ago; your pictures look good and from what you listed the whole family would have found lots to eat. I doubt I can find an ADR now for Thanksgiving week lol, but may have to put it back on my "to do" list for next trip!
All the characters look cute but I love Donald's costume :goodvibes

Love your review for H&V. I will say I am really looking forward to it this December :) Also looking forward to your Universal reviews! :D

Day 6. BOG lunch and San Angel Inn for dinner.

Today, we headed to MK for EMH, it started at 0700 today ugh! We did not quite make RD but did get in early enough to enjoy some favorite attractions. We had coffee, yogurt, and some sweets in the room before heading out. We had an ADR for BOG lunch at 11:40. I have seen many mixed reviews on BOG, it either gets a lot of love or a lot of hate! Andi and I have loved it here, so much, we have been here at lunch 5 times, breakfast 1x, and dinner 1x. I went to check in about 10 minutes before ADR and the CM states I have to come back in 5 minutes, really! Oh well I come back in 5 minutes and we are checked in. The CM right away says to me you can't use your AP discount here. I knew this and had not even said anything about it, she most have seen my AP slider on my magic band. She said it rather harshly I thought so I don't know if people have been upset BOG isn't part of the promotion or what, but I thought it was a little off putting. I just smiled and said no problem.

We had almost the same experience. I found them all to be so rude that I mentioned it to the manager. From the person that would not check us in to the lady that sat us - just really unacceptable. We have enjoyed it in the past, so hopefully just and off day or two.

Enjoying your report.

Hollywood and Vine looks really good! I'm surprised because I've read so many negative reviews of it, but it looks like we could find plenty of tasty choices there. The mac and cheese looks wonderful. Love the characters in costume, too.
I don't see a lot of negative reviews lately on H&V. I see a lot of negative COMMENTS from people who were there years ago but apparently (Read on the DIS) they got a new chef in advance of the seasonal dine series and the food is much improved. I was on the fence about the christmas seasonal dine but decided to do it (great value on DDP for 1TS with F! package) and have not found a bad review since I booked it 5 months ago.

I was really happy with the food here, sorry for the shortage of pictures, I did not do a good job of food pictures this meal. We ate here in 2011 and I was not impressed, much better this time.

I had H&V dinner booked for our trip later this month but I was so unsure, I cancelled :( We've only done lunch there and it was years ago; your pictures look good and from what you listed the whole family would have found lots to eat. I doubt I can find an ADR now for Thanksgiving week lol, but may have to put it back on my "to do" list for next trip!
All the characters look cute but I love Donald's costume :goodvibes
I think your boys would like the choices, I was pleased. The characters were so good here, they did not act rushed at all. Our ADR just popped up so you may get one. Have a great trip, that will be here before you know it.

Love your review for H&V. I will say I am really looking forward to it this December :) Also looking forward to your Universal reviews! :D
Thank you, I didn't deliver on the best pictures but I think you will be happy with the food and the characters they were awesome! Have a great trip

We had almost the same experience. I found them all to be so rude that I mentioned it to the manager. From the person that would not check us in to the lady that sat us - just really unacceptable. We have enjoyed it in the past, so hopefully just and off day or two.

Enjoying your report.
Thank you for joining in, I agree with the staff at BOG, not a good day for food or service. We will try again on our next trip.

I don't see a lot of negative reviews lately on H&V. I see a lot of negative COMMENTS from people who were there years ago but apparently (Read on the DIS) they got a new chef in advance of the seasonal dine series and the food is much improved. I was on the fence about the christmas seasonal dine but decided to do it (great value on DDP for 1TS with F! package) and have not found a bad review since I booked it 5 months ago.

I agree, reviews have really improved and I can attest it is better than when we were there in 2011. We did it in 2011 on the DDP for Fantasmic.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but that looks like a great meal at H&V. We did it twice a few years ago so Casey could meet the Disney Jr gang before they had their own meet and greets and it was decidedly not good. Glad to see (hunger or not) they've improved the quality and service. Plus how amazing are the characters in their Halloween garb. I didn't realize they did that beyond Christmas time. Looks like a great last disney dinner.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but that looks like a great meal at H&V. We did it twice a few years ago so Casey could meet the Disney Jr gang before they had their own meet and greets and it was decidedly not good. Glad to see (hunger or not) they've improved the quality and service. Plus how amazing are the characters in their Halloween garb. I didn't realize they did that beyond Christmas time. Looks like a great last disney dinner.
Thanks!! I was surprised how good the food choices were this time, the characters were so awesome and our main draw there, so having good food as well was a big plus.

Day 8 & 9 at US and IOA.

We packed up and said goodbye to Disney on Sunday morning. We tried Uber for the first time and it went so smooth. We had a great driver with a super clean vehicle. He had us to Royal Pacific Resort in no time. I had a coupon for first ride and it only cost $3.00 to travel over to the dark side from Disney.

We checked in the resort, left our luggage with Bell service and went to add HHN to our tickets and get our EP. We were ready to enter IOA by 9:00am so not bad!
IMG_0862.JPG IMG_0854.JPG

We went to HP area right away, we had coffee and some good bakery! I totally forgot to get a picture of the bakery because Andi was off riding Dragon Challenge. Andi always reminds me to get a picture of food so with her on a ride I forgot. We had a great morning in all HP areas. We decided to eat lunch at The Leaky Cauldron. This was just okay, the atmosphere is wonderful if you are a big HP fan. We all had a butter beer, so good! The best part of the meal. Donna and I shared the Specialty Chicken Sandwich, not sure what was so special! It was an average chicken sandwich with cheese and bacon. The fries were really good. Andi had the kids Mac and Cheese with fries. Andi did not like the Mac and cheese.
IMG_0847.JPG IMG_7525.JPG IMG_7526.JPG
IMG_7527.JPG
I do like how the TM guide you through the ordering process and seat you with a number and the food comes out to you. I think one and done at The Leaky Cauldron for us. Butter Beer will always be a repeat!

We decided to do the Horror Night on Sunday, we added it to our tickets for $63.00 each and we could not use our EP for this, to add EP it would have been another $125.00 a person yikes! No Thanks!

The Concierge gave us great info about getting into a holding area by the Simpsons around 4:30 so we could be close to the houses we wanted to do.
IMG_0864.JPG

This gave us a few QS areas for dinner, we chose Krusty's Burgers. We each got the hot dog meal. These were not very good, the hot dogs looked a little gray! The curly fries were good. We ate this, had a drink, and after that, we were let into the Texas Chain Saw house early. I hate being scared but Andi and Donna really love horror and Halloween so I put on my big girl pants and bucked up. I really enjoyed the houses we went in and the scare zones, what an awesome job they do here wow! This was worth the money we paid. Another plus, we were able to be in Diagon Alley with very few people. This was so worth it. We literally were the only people there for about 45 minutes or so. The last picture shows Andi with a frozen Butter beer in the almost deserted DA.
IMG_7532.JPG IMG_7538.JPG

Cont. Day 9.

This was our last full day in Orlando boo hoo! Our 9 night trip flew by. We loved our room at the RPR, we were in Tower 2 with a lush tropical garden view out our window, sorry no picture. My back was more sore today so I took it easy, I only went on a few rides. We did try the New King Kong ride and loved it! We had a great morning and early afternoon at the parks. We had a cherry turnover, chocolate croissants and coffee for breakfast, sorry no pictures again because Andi was on the Hulk! Yikes you could not pay me to go on that. Well, maybe a free trip to Disney and I would ride. We went back to our room to rest for awhile.

We ventured back out around 3:00pm and hit city walk. We were having a late lunch, early dinner at CowFish. I had read the menu on line and saw some reviews on it. Andi and I love Tim Tracker on U tube, he is so awesome with Disney and US reviews. We saw the review for CowFish from him and we were excited to try it. We got right in and we're seated on the 2nd level, nice view out at City walk.

We started with the Calamari appetizer. This was delicious, crispy on the outside, fresh tasting, and a great dipping sauce, it was a sweet chili sauce.
IMG_7571.JPG

Andi and Donna decided to each get a burger. They both got the CBCLT burger, this was a burger with a white and yellow cheddar cheese and bacon on it. It came with fries. They both loved this. I think they had the winners at this dinner.
IMG_7573.JPG

I went with the Bento Box, this has a combination of sushi and a small slider (cheese burger). The slider was literally one bite, very small. I was loaded up with Thai cucumbers and edamame. The sushi was a vegetarian choice. The sweet potato fries were very good. If I went again I would do a burger and share a roll with the table. The flavors of everything were very good. The cucumbers were good but to much for me as well as the edamame. I left most of those two. Service was good and prices very reasonable and the burgers were delicious.
IMG_7572.JPG

We spent our last evening enjoying the parks. We picked up some sweets in HP area, tried Pumpkin Juice (yuck!) way to sweet, I did like the bottle. We also got the Big Pink Donut at Lard of Lad in the Simpson area. We shared this for breakfast our last morning. The donut was so delicious, very fresh with good flavor. We had a car service picking us up at 8:30am to take us to the MCO. We had a wonderful trip, really no problems. We had beautiful weather, great accommodations, food and entertainment. We really did not even scratch the surface with dining at US.
IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0889.JPG IMG_0883.JPG

Thank you all for reading and joining in. I enjoyed sharing our dining with all of you! So until our next trip I will be enjoying all the reviews here on the Dis.

So glad you all had a great trip! Thank you so very much for sharing your photos and thoughts. I really enjoyed reading your posts.

Thanks for sharing Caroline. I rarely get a glimpse of the dark side, even with the gray hot dogs, it looks like fun! Can't wait until Casey is older and we can check it out.

Thanks for sharing Caroline. I rarely get a glimpse of the dark side, even with the gray hot dogs, it looks like fun! Can't wait until Casey is older and we can check it out.
Thanks Kari for following along, it was a great trip! Have fun on your next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter