A sore back, sore feet and we still overeat! Dining Review for 10/9-10/18. Update 11/04 Complete!

Day 2. AK and DHS, today we started out early at AK, the park had EMH at 0800. I always buy staples from Garden Grocer. I bought yogurt, bagels, cream cheese, crackers, candy, and water. We all had a light breakfast in the room and we were off. A quick tip I use with GG is to put my order in when I make my FP+ reservations at the 60'day mark then you get a nice discount from GG. We were able to get a lot done in the morning at AK and we were ready for lunch at 11:00.

I have the Landry card so we did not make a reservation for Y&Y, no need with the card. We were seated right away. We were upstairs in a nice spot to see people outside walking around. We had a really efficient waitress, she did a great job. We decided to get one of our favorites to start with, the potstickers, you have the choice of steamed or fried. We prefer the fried. The potstickers were very good as usual. The filling is so very tasty. Andi loves the honey chicken so she ordered this, it comes with jasmine or brown rice, she went with jasmine. Donna and I decided on the Chicken Tikka Masala. This is so good, it is a chicken breast marinated in a yogurt sauce, curry flavor noted for sure, the chicken was very tender and flavorful. It also comes with jasmine rice and garlic naan bread. I love to dip the bread in the sauce, yummy! Andi's dish was very good as well, the outside crisp and the chicken tender with a great light honey flavor. We usually always have dessert here but we were full and had dinner at DHS rather early so we did not get the awesome fried wontons. I love these as well. Highly recommend if you have never tried. We give this meal two thumbs up for sure. I also got a 10% discount for this meal with my AP. We do not have any Landry restaurants near us so it was a better deal for me to use then AP discount then get the points. We did not have DDP, it does not work well for us because we share a fair amount so we pay OOP. I use GC's I buy at Sams club at a small discount. The discount is about 7.00 off 150.00 pack so when buying many it does add up. Coming up will be our DHS evening with dinner at Sci-Fi, another favorite of ours.IMG_0581.JPGIMG_0678.JPGIMG_7243.JPGIMG_7246.JPGIMG_7245.JPG

Yum!!!!!!!! Love, love, love Yak and Yeti. Though Jason overruled me on our last trip and we ended up at Tusker House instead. Those pot stickers alone make me want to throw something at him right about now, but I'll refrain :-) Have you ever had any trouble getting seated with just the laundry's card? We have one too, but we've never tried just walking up

Day 2. DHS : We went back to our resort for a nice relaxing hour or so before we headed off to DHS.
We spent some time meeting Star Wars characters and checking out Launch Bay. My sister and I are big SW fans. I love all the movies and often quote them so the SW expansion is great for me! We also had our FP+ at this park so we were excited to do TSMM, ToT, and SW.IMG_0668.JPG
IMG_0679.JPG
Our dinner was at one of my favorites. Sci-Fi. We checked in and they were running behind so we did have to wait about 30 minutes passed our ADR time. My sister loved the atmosphere here and she is a huge old sci-fi movie buff so the movie clips up on the screen were so fun for her to see. We had a great waiter, he spent so much time explaining the menu and his favorites. I felt a little bad because we were boring and already knew what we were getting after his detailed explanation. We decided on sharing onion rings for the appetizer. Donna and I shared the build your own angus burger, we had cheese, fried onions, and mushrooms on our burger. Andi opted for the appetizer buffalo chicken bites, I don't see these on the menu this morning, which is weird because we were really just there. We did not get the famous milkshake, which is very good, have had before. Our food was very tasty, the burger was very fresh and you could tell it had not been sitting around, the fries were crisp on the outside and soft inside and very tasty. The onion rings here are very good, we always get them and are always pleased. Andi likes her buffalo chicken bites as well. I will give this a thumbs up again for food and service. We also got a 10% AP discount on this meal as well, almost all restaurants that are Disney owned were giving the 10 or 20% discounts this trip.
IMG_7267.JPG
IMG_7269.JPG
IMG_7268.JPG
We decided to share a cupcake from the Boardwalk bakery back at the room, very tasty, moist, and fresh, 20% off here as well.
IMG_7226.JPG
Stay tuned for Day 3 coming up soon, this was our MNSSHP and Raglan Road experience.

I can't wait to read about your Raglan Road experience. I have been wanting to eat there for a long time and just never seem to be able to fit it in. I will be there one week from today!:cheer2: I may try to find a way to fit it in sometime during the week. I have left our schedule fairly flexible since we want to take full advantage of the F&W booths. We've never been to F&W. We are using AP and TIW discounts instead of the DDP so we don't have to worry about balancing TS vs QS. We are trying to eat only at restaurants we've never eaten at before.

Love your report so far! I also want to hear about your Raglan Road experience. We are scheduled to try it out on our next trip, the end of February.

I love your pictures. Thank you for the reviews. We love the Sci Fi too - we eat there every trip - although we just ate there at the end of August and we were not happy with our food. We felt they made the portions much smaller and our usual favorites seemed different - not as tasty. I am glad that you said it all tasted good. We will try it again.

We have an ADR for Yak & Yeti next month and I plan to try the Chicken Tikka Masala. My DH had it from Harambe Market in August and it was delicious; wondering if the recipe at Y&Y is the same but thinking it's not since the restaurant isn't Disney-owned. Very excited to try it!

The cupcake from BW Bakery, besides being adorable, looks really good! We've stayed at the BW 4x and gotten breakfast stuff from the bakery and sandwiches once, but I can't remember ever just getting a snack. Might have to fix that next month when we stay at the BC. Only decision will be whether we try the bakery treats before or after Ample Hills lol

Yum!!!!!!!! Love, love, love Yak and Yeti. Though Jason overruled me on our last trip and we ended up at Tusker House instead. Those pot stickers alone make me want to throw something at him right about now, but I'll refrain :-) Have you ever had any trouble getting seated with just the laundry's card? We have one too, but we've never tried just walking up
Thanks Kari, we have always been seated within 5-10 minutes using our Landry card. We also love TH, however we voted on Yak and Yeti this time. I see from your ticker you will be staying at AKL next trip, we are staying there to in February!
I can't wait to read about your Raglan Road experience. I have been wanting to eat there for a long time and just never seem to be able to fit it in. I will be there one week from today!:cheer2: I may try to find a way to fit it in sometime during the week. I have left our schedule fairly flexible since we want to take full advantage of the F&W booths. We've never been to F&W. We are using AP and TIW discounts instead of the DDP so we don't have to worry about balancing TS vs QS. We are trying to eat only at restaurants we've never eaten at before.
How exciting to be heading to WDW in less than one week. We found the AP discounts really great this trip, 20% is wonderful with Disney prices! We did a few FW booths, however not as much as I would have liked, it was so crowded! We loved RR, stay tuned! Have a great trip.
Love your report so far! I also want to hear about your Raglan Road experience. We are scheduled to try it out on our next trip, the end of February.
We are going in February as well, we will be there 2/16-2/23, busiest time of course ugh! We loved RR, stay tuned!
I love your pictures. Thank you for the reviews. We love the Sci Fi too - we eat there every trip - although we just ate there at the end of August and we were not happy with our food. We felt they made the portions much smaller and our usual favorites seemed different - not as tasty. I am glad that you said it all tasted good. We will try it again.
I agree with food portions, I swear sometimes when you share they give you less, I could be wrong but it sure seems that way. Our food was really good at Sci-fi this visit, it is a must for us almost every trip as well.
We have an ADR for Yak & Yeti next month and I plan to try the Chicken Tikka Masala. My DH had it from Harambe Market in August and it was delicious; wondering if the recipe at Y&Y is the same but thinking it's not since the restaurant isn't Disney-owned. Very excited to try it!
The chicken Tikka Masala is so good, you will love it, we haven't tried anything at the Harambe market yet. I just love AK and all The theming, food is great as well!
The cupcake from BW Bakery, besides being adorable, looks really good! We've stayed at the BW 4x and gotten breakfast stuff from the bakery and sandwiches once, but I can't remember ever just getting a snack. Might have to fix that next month when we stay at the BC. Only decision will be whether we try the bakery treats before or after Ample Hills lol
The cupcake was so good, we went to the bakery several times and loved our choices there. We went in Ample Hills to look around but never did get back to try the ice cream, really cute in there. We stayed at BCV 1x and really liked it except we had a room with a musty smell, that was the only negative. Do you stay in the resort room or DVC?

Day 3, DS in the morning and MNSSHP in the evening. Raglan Road and snacks at party.

We slept in some this morning and leisurely made our way to DS. It sure is different now, my DD loves Uniqlo so we spent some time in there and she bought a few Disney themed clothes. We went to Starbucks as well to have Chai tea, yummy! We had a later lunch ADR initially at Whispering Canyon but we decided to stay at DS and change to RR. We have never eaten here because my DD didn't think she would like it but we convinced her to try it. We were seated right away in the bar area at a high top table. We had the nicest waitress here as well, she was very efficient and very friendly. We decided to try the Scallop Forest, Bangers & Booz and Burger r Way between the three of us. We wanted to try the Heavenly Ham but it was not on the lunch menu even though it is on the internet menu. We could have asked and probably been able to order but we didn't even think about that! Let me start with the scallop forest OMG! This was so good, the scallops were so fresh, batter so light and the dipping sauces were delightful. We preferred the sweet chili jam over the lime sauce.
IMG_0756.JPG IMG_7283.JPG IMG_7286.JPG

Our entrees were also very good but the scallops were my favorite by far. The Bangers had a good flavor with very tender beef and the sausage was very tasty. Andi's burger was so delicious, cooked to order and very fresh, the chips were really good as well. The bacon was cooked just right, the cheese so flavorful and the tomato chutney was delicious. Donna and I loved the tomato chutney, Andi not so much so it was good it was served on the side.
IMG_7284.JPG IMG_7287.JPG

We had to have dessert, can you guess what, the famous Ger's bread and butter pudding. This was divine, I literally was full until about 10:00 at night after this meal, the caramel and vanilla sauces sealed the deal wow, try it is all I can say, so good!
IMG_7288.JPG

We were happy and full as we headed to the MNSSHP, we had a great time at the party, I did not feel it was to crowded, we were able to meet a few characters, do rides, Hallowishes, and the parade. I was so happy and shocked to see the sweet cream cheese pretzel back at the Launch pad, we shared this and Andi had her favorite Mickey pretzel. To recap, food and service this day were two thumbs up again, we also received a 10% discount at RR. We will definitely try RR again, maybe dinner next time.
IMG_0656.JPG IMG_0654.JPG IMG_7297.JPG

I'm going to have to take another look at our dining plans and put Raglan Road on the list. It looks too wonderful. Do you have any idea how it compares to Rose and Crown? Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel is a must do now, as well. Thanks for the reviews!

. We stayed at BCV 1x and really liked it except we had a room with a musty smell, that was the only negative. Do you stay in the resort room or DVC?
Have to go back and read your latest update, but every time we've stayed at BWV it's been on rented points. Same for our stay next month at BCV :)

Really enjoying your report. We are debating between Raglan Road and Frontera Cocina on our trip. We love RR, but may want to try something new.

Day 2. AK and DHS, today we started out early at AK, the park had EMH at 0800. I always buy staples from Garden Grocer. I bought yogurt, bagels, cream cheese, crackers, candy, and water. We all had a light breakfast in the room and we were off. A quick tip I use with GG is to put my order in when I make my FP+ reservations at the 60'day mark then you get a nice discount from GG. We were able to get a lot done in the morning at AK and we were ready for lunch at 11:00.

I have the Landry card so we did not make a reservation for Y&Y, no need with the card. We were seated right away. We were upstairs in a nice spot to see people outside walking around. We had a really efficient waitress, she did a great job. We decided to get one of our favorites to start with, the potstickers, you have the choice of steamed or fried. We prefer the fried. The potstickers were very good as usual. The filling is so very tasty. Andi loves the honey chicken so she ordered this, it comes with jasmine or brown rice, she went with jasmine. Donna and I decided on the Chicken Tikka Masala. This is so good, it is a chicken breast marinated in a yogurt sauce, curry flavor noted for sure, the chicken was very tender and flavorful. It also comes with jasmine rice and garlic naan bread. I love to dip the bread in the sauce, yummy! Andi's dish was very good as well, the outside crisp and the chicken tender with a great light honey flavor. We usually always have dessert here but we were full and had dinner at DHS rather early so we did not get the awesome fried wontons. I love these as well. Highly recommend if you have never tried. We give this meal two thumbs up for sure. I also got a 10% discount for this meal with my AP. We do not have any Landry restaurants near us so it was a better deal for me to use then AP discount then get the points. We did not have DDP, it does not work well for us because we share a fair amount so we pay OOP. I use GC's I buy at Sams club at a small discount. The discount is about 7.00 off 150.00 pack so when buying many it does add up. Coming up will be our DHS evening with dinner at Sci-Fi, another favorite of ours.View attachment 202346View attachment 202347View attachment 202348View attachment 202349View attachment 202350

We are doing both Tusker House and Y&Y on our animal kingdom day (we are doing the DxDDP). the last time I went to Y&Y I got very sick to my stomach - I was nursing my 6 month old and it was very hot out, I think I was actually dehydrated and had heat exhaustion but I was convinced that the chef at Y&Y poisoned me because he seemed a little put out by my dairy issues (my kid had major dairy intolerance and if I had so much as a mouthful of something with dairy protein he'd scream for 3 days, not fun). I have never been so sick in my life but in retrospect I think it was the heat/nursing/not drinking enough but it has taken me 8 years (almost to the day lol) to be willing to try it again but we are going to! But I'm afraid the honey chicken is a non-starter for me, as that memory still will not fade. But so many other yummy things to try. And no more nursing kiddo so an adult beverage may be happening too! But as we are doing the dxddp I'm trying to decide what appetizer to get as well. The potstickers look so good! I was thinking of the shrimp though. have either of you had that? yes I plan my meals 6 weeks in advance (actually 6 months lol).

Also looking forward to making the magic last with a kiddo & me dining report, he watches food network, is addicted to chopped junior and he narrates everything I do in the kitchen then "judges" dinner. I figure he will get a kick out of helping write a dining report!

I have the Landry card so we did not make a reservation for Y&Y, no need with the card.
We have the Landry's card too and plan to use it to walk-in to the T-Rex restaurant (my 9-year-old's request) in Disney Springs. Love that we don't have to worry about an ADR.

img_7245-jpg.202350
Wow, the chicken tikka masala looks incredible! So many of the Y&Y menu items sound incredible so I have no idea what I'll order when we are there next month.

Onion rings are one of my (many) weaknesses!

I'm in and I'm hungry! Just now have been tweeking my reservations for Feb.....love your pics...

I'm going to have to take another look at our dining plans and put Raglan Road on the list. It looks too wonderful. Do you have any idea how it compares to Rose and Crown? Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel is a must do now, as well. Thanks for the reviews!
We have been to R&C 2x and really love it, however I think the scallop appetizer and bread pudding put RR a nose ahead for me when comparing the two. Cream cheese pretzel is really good, glad to see it is back!
Have to go back and read your latest update, but every time we've stayed at BWV it's been on rented points. Same for our stay next month at BCV :)
We rent points as well and find it such a great way to visit the deluxe resorts, we are trying AKL studio at Jambo house in February, this will be a first here for us!
Really enjoying your report. We are debating between Raglan Road and Frontera Cocina on our trip. We love RR, but may want to try something new.
Thanks for reading! I'm with you on trying new places, I would love to try Cocina or Art Smith's place on one of our next visits. RR was our first time there so glad we tried it!
We are doing both Tusker House and Y&Y on our animal kingdom day (we are doing the DxDDP). the last time I went to Y&Y I got very sick to my stomach - I was nursing my 6 month old and it was very hot out, I think I was actually dehydrated and had heat exhaustion but I was convinced that the chef at Y&Y poisoned me because he seemed a little put out by my dairy issues (my kid had major dairy intolerance and if I had so much as a mouthful of something with dairy protein he'd scream for 3 days, not fun). I have never been so sick in my life but in retrospect I think it was the heat/nursing/not drinking enough but it has taken me 8 years (almost to the day lol) to be willing to try it again but we are going to! But I'm afraid the honey chicken is a non-starter for me, as that memory still will not fade. But so many other yummy things to try. And no more nursing kiddo so an adult beverage may be happening too! But as we are doing the dxddp I'm trying to decide what appetizer to get as well. The potstickers look so good! I was thinking of the shrimp though. have either of you had that? yes I plan my meals 6 weeks in advance (actually 6 months lol).

Also looking forward to making the magic last with a kiddo & me dining report, he watches food network, is addicted to chopped junior and he narrates everything I do in the kitchen then "judges" dinner. I figure he will get a kick out of helping write a dining report!
I hear you about associating certain foods with an illness, we have been very happy with our Y&Y visits. Definitely share your experiences with us when you get back. My DD use to love to be on the Dis but now that she is almost 17 not as much anymore so glad she loves Disney and wants to go all the time!

We have the Landry's card too and plan to use it to walk-in to the T-Rex restaurant (my 9-year-old's request) in Disney Springs. Love that we don't have to worry about an ADR.
We did T-Rex in August and got right in with our card, we really loved it, even with a 16 y.o. Girl, really fun place and our food was good.

Wow, the chicken tikka masala looks incredible! So many of the Y&Y menu items sound incredible so I have no idea what I'll order when we are there next month.
I think you will be happy with what ever you order, I have seen many reviews of different menu items and almost always a positive!

Onion rings are one of my (many) weaknesses!
Me too!!
I'm in and I'm hungry! Just now have been tweeking my reservations for Feb.....love your pics...
Thanks for joining in, we are going in February as well, we have some new places to try! We are going to try Skippers and Sanaa.

We rented points in January and did a split, part of that being AKL-Jambo for the first time. It became my absolute favorite resort - until August when we had our first stay at WL! So now they're pretty much tied, WL with a bit of an edge b/c of the boat transportation. Renting points is the best; hope you enjoy Jambo in Feb :goodvibes

Now back to your report: I want to love Raglan Road so bad! We had a good lunch there a few years ago and then 2 not so great dinners. Maybe after we've tried more of the restaurants we haven't been to I can get DH to give it another try.........so many people love it, so I know it's us and not RR lol.

Have to try the sweet cream cheese pretzel next month. Must be worth it, as so many people are ecstatic that it's back!

Day 4. F&W booths and Ohana for dinner.
IMG_7477.JPG
We slept in a little again today since we stayed out until midnight for the party, that is late for me LOL!
We made our way over to Epcot after some coffee and muffins in the room from GG. It was a beautiful day again, we were so lucky with weather, we never had to use our ponchos and the humidity was low with average temperatures in the low 80's. We walked over to Epcot and the F&W booths were just starting to open up. We started at the Farm Fresh booth and had the Loaded Mac n Cheese. This was good, the pepper flavor on the bacon was very noticeable. It was also very fresh and hot, just out of the oven. My only complaint was there was a lot of green onions.
IMG_7313.JPG
We made our way to Morocco, we had several items in mind in this area. We tried the Beer-braised Beef with the smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes. This was at the Belgium booth and a Chew recipe. We really enjoyed this as well, very tasty and tender, the potatoes were so good, my only complaint was it could have been warmer.
IMG_7316.JPG
We then got the Spicy Hummus Fries with a cucumber slaw, it says Tzatziki sauce but more like a slaw and small amt. of a sauce. These were so yummy. They hold up well to being made ahead of time. The flavor was so fresh for a fried food. My favorite of what we tried.
IMG_7318.JPG
Japan booth was next, we tried the Spicy Sushi Roll, this was very good as well, Andi ate most of this, I just tried a bite and Donna didn't want any. We spent time in the Misokoshi store and bought some green tea KitKats and hi chews.
IMG_7500.JPG
Germany was our last booth we tried because we had a big dinner ahead of us. We had a grapefruit beer and we shared the dessert here Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce, this was okay, not as good as other desserts we had this week. The beer was very refreshing and I enjoyed it. We explored a few more countries and used our FP+, we loved Soarin. We then made our way to the Poly for our Ohana dinner.
IMG_7320.JPG
We were excited for this, I know most of you veteran diners have been here before but this was our first time! We got in fairly fast and got our drinks and the bread pretty quickly and then boom all the other food started arriving very quickly. We had a very nice waitress and server, both were very friendly and checked on us often. We loved this meal, wish it would have been paced a little slower but the food was really good. The salad was so fresh with a wonderful vinaigrette, bread was yummy, the potstickers won out over the wings for all of us. The noodles were so good and tasty, could have been a little warmer. The shrimp and steak were my favorite, chicken and shrimp were Donna and Andi's favorite of the meats.
IMG_7323.JPG IMG_7382.JPG
The bread pudding with the sauce and vanilla ice cream was so delicious. Disney gets A+ for bread puddings this trip. I would give our visit here two thumbs up as well even with the fast pace. We headed to MK for EMH but it was so busy we didn't stay long. We headed to BWV with full tummies and watched the SW fireworks from our balcony. The rest of the food pictures from Ohana in the next post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter